BY TARTE #38 in Lipstick

A full coverage, transfer-proof liquid lipstick with a quick-dry matte finish.

• Concentrated mineral pigments: deliver rich, lip-soothing pigment while nourishing & softening skin

Product performance: Offers vibrant, opaque color with concentrated mineral pigments in a liquid-to-matte lip paint that dries instantly with no transferring. The featherlight Comfortflex formula means it moves with your lips without drying out, cracking or bleeding.

Bestie, Salty, Get It!, Homeslice, Rosé, Delish, Vibin, Fortune, Acid Wash Ingredients: Isododecane, dimethicone, trimethylsiloxysilicate, quaternium-90 bentonite, polypropylsilsesquioxane, beeswax/cera alba/cire d’abeille, nylon-12, polyethylene, sucrose acetate isobutyrate, propylene carbonate, tocopherol, tocopheryl acetate, ascorbyl palmitate, polyglyceryl-6 polyricinoleate, VP/hexadecene copolymer, triethyl citrate, silica, silica silylate, polybutene, phenoxyethanol. (+/-): Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), red 7 lake (CI 15850), yellow 5 lake (CI 19140), blue 1 lake (CI 42090), red 28 lake (CI 45410), red 6 (CI 15850), red 27 lake (CI 45410).

Killin' It Ingredients: Isododecane, dimethicone, trimethylsiloxysilicate, quaternium-90 bentonite, polypropylsilsesquioxane, beeswax/cera alba/cire d’abeille, nylon-12, polyethylene, sucrose acetate isobutyrate, propylene carbonate, tocopherol, tocopheryl acetate, ascorbyl palmitate, polyglyceryl-6 polyricinoleate, VP/hexadecene copolymer, triethyl citrate, silica, silica silylate, polybutene, phenoxyethanol, mica. (+/-): Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77499), red 33 lake (CI 17200), titanium dioxide (CI 77891), red 7 lake (CI 15850), red 28 lake (CI 45410), blue 1 lake (CI 42090).

Festival, Obsessed, Low Key, Exposed Og, Extra Ingredients: Isododecane, dimethicone, trimethylsiloxysilicate, quaternium-90 bentonite, polypropylsilsesquioxane, cera alba/beeswax/cire d'abeille, nylon-12, propylene carbonate, polyethylene, sucrose acetate isobutyrate, ascorbyl palmitate, mica, phenoxyethanol, polybutene, polyglyceryl-6 polyricinoleate, silica, silica silylate, tocopherol, tocopheryl acetate, triethyl citrate, VP/hexadecene copolymer. (+/-): Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), yellow 6 lake (CI 15985), red 28 lake (CI 45410), titanium dioxide (CI 77491), iron oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499). ME110LS000171

• Are these worth the price?? I'm loving the colors6 Answers
  • im currently on the hunt for the perfect nude shade for my pale s...6 Answers
  • Can i have this?? Sent to me maybe? Love this3 Answers
Buy on Sephora*
Katherine F.
Carrboro, NC
Review for: Front Row (deep mauve) more...
I got "Front Row" in my Oct 2017 Boxycharm. Although it is apparently described as a "deep mauve," it looks more like a light brick/burnt orange nude-y brown on me . Kind of like Smashbox Always On in "Out Loud," but less brown and more orange-y. I love these kinds of colors, and it is very season-appropriate.

The texture is thin, like the tarte Tarteist lip paints and the stila all-day liquid lipsticks (although creamier than the latter, if that makes sense), so I can apply in thin layers. I do need at least 2 full layers for full opacity. It fully dries down unless I don't remove the lip balm underneath.

I'm not sure if there's a specific name for the shape of the applicator, but it's like half the size of a doe foot with a little groove in the middle (like a "C" shape) where product accumulates (tarte's tarteist lip glosses also have this applicator). I wipe the applicator on the edge of the bottle because I think too much comes out initially, but the applicator's size makes it versatile and easy to stay within your lip lines.

I have chronically dry lips, and most liquid lipsticks are very challenging for me to wear at all, much less all day (around 10 hours). This is, hands-down, the most comfortable I have found thus far, although it IS drying and requires extensive lip prep (exfoliation & moisturizing), as well as touch ups (for me, re-moisturizing every few hours). Transfer is minimal, but increases throughout the day as I re-moisturize, which is not due to this product, obviously. Also can't wear this back-to-back days, but I can actually wear this all day if I really want to. Typically I'll only wear it a half day since it fades well on me - I don't get crackly lips or patchiness. Unlike the stila all-day liquid lipstick, Colourpop's ultramatte, and smashbox's Alway's On, this can be layered with vaseline/aquaphor, which is what works best for my dry lips.

In conclusion, I am still interested in trying out some other liquid lipstick options that I hear good things about (mostly Julep's and Dose of Color's), but I would buy this in other colors. Overall, I still prefer other kind of lip products since matte ones can be so drying and my lips already struggle so much, but this review reflects my experience in relation to other matte liquid lip products only.
Alejandra C.
Review for: Pillowtalk (white nude), Other more...
I love tarte, and is why I'm sad that this is not a product that I love. Now I am rating based on two shades that I have tested out. Two months ago in my Boxycharm subscription box I got the tarteist lip paint in the shade pillow talk. I was super excited because it was my first liquid lipstick by tarte. I applied it on video and loved that it was liquidy. It dries nicely BUT every line on my lips shows. I hate that. The formula dries so much that it seems to shrivel up my lips and the center part of the lips crumbles up and looks horrible when your talking. The second shade I tried out was a freebie one from Sephora for my birthday gift called birthday suite. Have to say that the cap is a shiny and it is a thick creamy formula similar to the nyx lip creams. The one nice thing about that one was that it has a minty sensation and flavor. I do believe that the formula is different purposely because it does not dry down. I personally will not be buying any more of these matte lip paints. Sorry tarte. I do however love your highlighters, blushes and bronzers.
Alexandra B.
Austin
I purchased the tarte lip paint in the shade delish which is absolutely gorgeous. It’s creamy yet has a stay all day application. Unlike most liquid lipsticks it doesn’t leave your lips dry. It gives you the ability to eat and drink all day and still have a flawless color look. The packaging is also really cute so it makes the perfect addition to anyone’s lipstick collection. With a chic black applicator, and a perfectly compact container. It’s perfect for on the go application even though it’s not like you need it. They have a magnificent shade range with multiple colors to choose from. My favorite happening to be delish but I plan to purchase the rest of the shades in the upcoming months and I highly suggest you do too!
Kennedy S.
Lexington, KY
Review for: Delish (rosy mauve), Other more...
I currently own two of these Tarte matte lip paints in the shades relish and birthday suit. I personally do not find them to be anything special. The colors are nice, but once applied a lot of the shades look super similar to me. They don't stand out as something I really want to purchase more of. The transfer is not bad, but I have found that the formula does not really dry down? Like the name claims to. A good thing about this product is that it is not super drying like some other liquid to matte formulas that I have tried. I also find that they are not super long lasting, either. If you are looking for a nice, long lasting liquid to matte lipstick I recommend  Jeffree Star Velour Liquid Lipstick instead.
Melanie S.
Miami Beach, FL
Review for: Get It (apricot nude), Homeslice (peachy nude), Exposed, Bestie (deep nude), Low Key more...
Ugh. This is one of those products that I wish were better because 1. I love Tarte and 2. I've heard really good reviews. So I have tried several colors. I got one mini as a freebie at Sephora, others I've got as gifts in my Tarte sets, Boxycharm, and I even purchased one. They have all been drying and seem to settle on any crack on your lips. I have tried exfoliating beforehand, applying lip balm, but this formula really just sucks all the natural oils out of your lips and makes you look dry! :( Regardless I decided to still wear them because I love the colors so I put some clear lip gloss on top and that made it OK. I do like the applicator, the packaging, but it is not worth only wearing with lip gloss :/
Stephenee M.
Salem, OR
I had heard so many mixed things about this product and decided I had to try it for myself. I purchased a few shades and swatched them and I was incredible impressed with the pigment and how quickly it dried! That was about the only good thing with this product. When I put the lipsticks on it smelled very chemically (Almost like glue) and instantly dried my lips. Seriously. And that was the end of it for me. I really wanted to like these put I can’t pay 21.00 for a lipstick that dried my lips in 2 minutes. Plus nobody wants to smell Elmer’s glue all day long.

Note; I have friends who love this lipsticks and don’t have these problems!!! Try it for yourself because these could be great!
Carla T.
Cecilia , KY
Review for: Extra more...
Beautiful color and pretty packaging. Love the applicator as well. I’ve seen this product advertised as long lasting and non drying. So far, I’m not convinced of both claims. My lips were a bit dry to begin with so maybe that’s part of my problem. After application I found that my lips seemed to feel fairly dry about 30 min afterwards. There wasn’t any peeling or transfer of the lip color but within an hour the color was transferring. I expected the lip color to stay put through eating but that also wasn’t the case. Not sure if it’s only true of this color but will continue to work and see if I can find a way for the color to stay better and try when my lips aren’t already dry.
Alex S.
CA
This is a great liquid lipstick formula, and definitely the most comfortable one I've found. Even though they dry down completely matte and transfer proof, I don't feel like they suck all the life out of my lips. Sure, they feel a bit dry after eight straight hours of wear, but what liquid lipstick doesn't do that? I find these to be very very longwearing, and I never have to fully reapply throughout the day. At the most, I have to touch up the inner rim or corners. Speaking of the inner rim, I haven't noticed this forming that nasty, white ring that some lippies cause, which is awesome! The formula, wear time, and colors are all great, and I think anyone who needs something that lasts all day should try these out.
Edita P.
Middleton , MA
Review for: Rosè (rose nude) more...
This lipstick is very opaque,I applies evenly and smoothly. It dries down pretty quickly and feels comfortable on the lips. It doesn’t transfer and doesn’t dry out the lips. loved using Tarte Tarteist Quick Dry Matte Lip Paint in Rose, but one day when I wanted to apply it, I noticed that the product was very dry. Since I have so many lip products, I decided to part with this one. By the way, I have the same product in another color and that one is still creamy and has nice texture.
Jordan E.
Review for: Delish (rosy mauve) more...
I received this product in an ipsy bag!
I actually love it so much. It smells fine, it's pigmented, and it barely budges when I eat or drink. I can actually kiss my boyfriend without his mouth changing colors to match mine!
I loved this product a lot, and the only thing that makes me knock it 4 stars instead of 5 is the fact that I don't really care for the applicator. Also, Delish is described as a rosy mauve, but is it very much more of a burnt orange color.
Also, just a note, this product says quick dry..AND IT IS. I do not recommend messing up if at all possible while applying. It will not move and will stain a bit.
Amethyst R.
Voorhees, NJ
I have been dying to purchase these, but i'm hesitant because i've heard mixed reviews about them. Some say they are too dry, and some say they don't dry enough. Help!
is it really worth $20 for one tube?
Shoba R.
Is this lip stick the sticky type or it is smooth on application??
Sara S.
Sterling Hts, MI
How long wearing is this product? I tried it on in the shade Festival in store and fell in love but wasn't sure if the longevity was the same as other similar matte lipsticks.
Emily S.
Colorado Spgs, CO
Any swatches in rosé, delish, or vibin?