BY SOUTHWEST AIRLINES #1 in Airlines

Traveling with Southwest Airlines is even more convenient with our mobile app. So, whether you’re on the go traveling to that next big meeting or just on the couch daydreaming about a vacation, Southwest mobile gives you access to what you need. Features include: • Check in, book, change, or cancel air reservations • View your upcoming flight’s status, boarding position, and gate information from the home page • Access your Mobile boarding pass • Book or cancel rental car reservations • Check flight status and setup text notifications • Add EarlyBird Check-In® to an existing reservation • Enroll in and access your Rapid Rewards account • View travel and weather alerts • Access helpful airport information see more...

• When is the best time to book with Southwest for the best deals?5 Answers
  • If you had a free ticket to anywhere- where would you be headed?!18 Answers
  • Which do you think is the better value, buying Business Select ti...7 Answers
Southwest Airlines
  • "They're my favourite airline, from the great customer service agents and pilots, to the somewhat humorous flight attendants, as well as being seated based on your check-in time and the ability to have free check luggage, what is not to love. " in 189 reviews
  • "There has never been a time where I have even considered flying anyone else and if I have an issue their customer service is amazing and they help me out. " in 176 reviews
  • "I enjoy that I can still get 2 checked bags for free and that they still offer peanuts/pretzels along with beverage service!" in 123 reviews
  • "I have always found great fares online when booked in advance and with 2 free checked bags per person its a great deal Don't expect meals or in flight entertainment, but nothing your own ipad/book/phone couldn't fix." in 81 reviews
  • "Look for flights that aren't booked full if possible, and make sure you either buy Early Bird Check-in or check in online 24 hours in advance." in 48 reviews
Kelly M.
Celebration, FL
I’ve flown Southwest a lot over the past ten years. They’re always the first airline I do a price check for when starting to book a trip due to how affordable they are, the service from the flight attendants, and the availability of direct flights from Orlando to Buffalo. I was impacted by Hurricane Irma this year and felt that they were incredibly accommodating to those of us impacted with that, even holding my flight in Orlando to wait for a flight that was delayed out of Fort Lauderdale since that was the last flight out of Florida that would fit all of those passengers. Slightly annoyed I’d be late arriving in Buffalo (the hanger was real), but understood the gravity of the situation. I had some comp drink coupons (I’m a rapid rewards card member) and the flight attendant didn’t even take the coupons and just gave us the drinks for free due to the delay. Wasn’t expecting that! The only downside (and I don’t mark them down for this because it’s always how they’ve operated) is that they don’t do preassigned seats. Not a big problem, except if you don’t get boarding group A, and you’re headed to or from Orlando. Do you know how many people take their kids to Disney World? A LOT. They do family boarding after group A, so if you’re traveling with a lot of people, or even a few and you want to get seats together, you’re basically screwed. But you can always upgrade to the early bird check in and get into boarding group A to get around that. I’m usually flying by myself so it’s okay, but something to consider if you’re in a group.
Nydia A.
The only reason I chose only 1 star is because I had a bad experience. Traveling with a baby is hard enough, not being treated right the first time we fly alone made me feel very insecure. To begin with, the representative who I went with to buy the ticket was treating me like I should know what I was doing and I was slowing her down. As I asked her questions about what I could take for my baby and what I couldn't, she answered as if I was being unreasonable. I was not the only one who noticed. I asked her to call over a manager to help me instead but she proceeded to tell me he was in a meeting and was too busy to come take just my concern. She told me she was a senior rep and she wouldn't bother a manager. She added in a note to my ticket of what I could take. Going to my destination was fine, coming back home, I encountered another problem. I arrived on time to catch my flight, but when I got to check in my baggage, It was a few pounds over the limit. I paid a extreme $75 EXTRA. Outrageous... The guy didn't let me try to move things around or move to the other suitcase!!! By this time, my flight had "finished boarding" and I thought I was going to miss my flight. When I got to the gate, everyone was still there... Something got delayed and no one was aboard the plane for almost 3 hours later. I had a diaper bag, my purse, a carry on duffle bag and a baby with me. It was just all so disappointing. Made me really doubtful about this company's customer service in general.
Becky P.
Kearns, UT
Southwest Airlines is very reasonably priced. We have never had any bad customer service in any area. We have had pilots call in sick, an airplane mechanical issue, overlays, bumpy rides but none of it was from the airlines actually. They took care of us each and every time. They were always pleasant and comforting. I love the wanna get away prices and flights. The only complaint is make the seats a little larger and more leg room please. This is for every airline. My husband is very tall and me a little wider. It’s very uncomfortable for both of us to sit in these little seats with no leg room especially if someone leans back. Also if I ask for a seat belt extender don’t make a big deal. I’ve had surgery across my stomach and scar tissue build up. It hurts to clip that seat belt so tight right where the scar is. Usually southwest is the best about the seat belt extenders. I want to be comfortable and safe. We try to sit in the front row because there’s more leg room for my husband. Also help people with the new check in system on the computer. Not everyone knows what they are doing on these and they change all the time. Some elderly people don’t get these at all. I always want to help them.
Karen C.
Canby , OR
Any time we need to fly I always stat with Southwest Airlines. Not only are their prices the best out there but all of their employees are amazing! From the time I check my luggage at the curb, to checking in for our flight and the entire staff on the plane, you are in amazing hands of very friendly (and most of the time, funny) people. They always want to make it right for you.

And guess what, you also get to bring not ONE but TWO bags to check in for FREE! In this day and age of being charged for everything, not having to worry about paying for my luggage is such a great bonus. It means we have more money to spend on our trips. The planes are great, you get free sodas and coffee as well as snacks and can get wifi for extra if you’d like.

The one downfall is not being able to select your seat but we always pay the extra money for early bird checkin so we’re towards the front of the line to board and select our seats. Southwest always seems to be on time too and I’ve yet to have a delay with them. Unless we’re going somewhere Southwest doesn’t fly to, I wouldn’t dream of flying on another airline.

Leanne  D.
Austin, MN
I absolutely love Southwest Airlines! I use them for all of my traveling needs because I’m a heavy packer! I love that you get so many bags included in the cost of your flight, and that all flights are one way making it super easy to choose a flexible flight. When purchasing round trip tickets you are able to choose exactly which flight to get the best cost. You are allowed to bring two checked bags, one carry on and one personal item per passenger. This was so convenient for my destination wedding since my dress took up one bag on its own. I love that you are able to choose your own seats, but the downside is you can’t choose your seats ahead of time so if you are traveling with someone, unless another passenger is willing to give up a seat you may not be able to sit together. You pick your seats when you board the plane. I wish we were able to choose our seats in advance but I will still always fly southwest!
Estela G.
Hammond, IN
Southwest is so affordable, clean, easy to use. Anytime i fly, it's exclusively southwest. Several times, my son would cry and get frustrated and flight attendants were so kind. They've given him activities, and were empathetic, something you don't see often. There was a time in which, my 5yr and I were late to board. They waited 10 mins after take off just for us. They even made space for my son and I. I was forever grateful! ❤ love the fact that every passanger is allowed 2 bags ( free of charge), and a carry on! However, there is a weight restriction, yet with two bags, it's fine. They've given the passenger the option of using the desk, or a kiosk machine, in which you're able to print out boarding pass as well as the luggage ticket.
Tami M.
Florida
I grew up in Southwest. It was the family go to. Now that I'm an adult and have to pick my own options, I understand why my parents always went Southwest.

Huge Plus: no additional fees for bags.
They know you're flying with a suitcase. They're not charging you an extra fee on top of the ticket price. Tg for that.

Drawback: no reserved seating.
I get why this is important for people. It sucks that you have to wait in line an hour or two before boarding time just to make sure you might get the seat you want BUT if you're like me, and you only care about being on the plane, then who cares. I've sat in the back before and enjoyed plenty of extra snacks just because.

Still one of my favorite airlines. #SouthwestLover #FrequentFlyer #Travel
Amanda T.
Last flight we took for a family trip to Disney was upsetting. We paid a fee for each ticket for early boarding but at the gate we’re informed that even though we had purchased early boarding for each of the 11 tickets to allow us to sit together, our tickets except for one did not have early boarding on them. When we asked why we would be charged for this if we don’t get what we paid for they explained that there’s a limited number of tickets available for early boarding. We understood this but still don’t understand if we didn’t have the early boarding how they could charge us for it on each of our tickets. We called the day after the flight to ask for the money for the early boarding to be refunded but we were told no. The kicker of it all is that while waiting At the airport the airline had announced that there were still tickets available for early boarding if anyone on the flight was willing to pay the fee to allow for early boarding that they should go to the desk: but yet when the tickets began to be called and we were told we weren’t able to early board they stated it was because they only offer a limited number of travelers to early board. We had gone online the day the early boarding option was available at the exact time it opened up to sign up for it and pay for it. The whole thing doesn’t make sense and is very expensive for 11 people’s tickets to not get what we paid for.
Kaitlyn K.
steger, IL
I have flown Southwest in the past from Chicago, IL to Phoenix, AZ and I plan on taking Southwest to Houston, TX at the end of next month. I would always opt for Southwest Airlines when given the choice. Their baggage/carry-on policies are pretty good and they have excellent on-board service. Boarding and leaving the plane was done in an orderly, efficient fashion on both occasions from my personal experience, and I had no issues whatsoever with my tickets, luggage, or anything else regarding Southwest Airlines. I would definitely recommend them to a first-time flyer. The atmosphere on Southwest Airlines is relaxed and comfortable, making flying a lot less stressful than one may assume it to be.
Courtney M.
My first experiencing flying was with Southwest. I had to navigate true airport and process completely on my own, but the staff from SW made my flight extremely smooth and comfortable. Their prices are extremely affordable and I feel that they treat their passengers with respect and kindness! The pilot was interactive with the cabin of passengers and made for a relaxed and fun first flight. Initially I was nervous about experiencing a new form of travel, but after having flown with Southwest both to my destination and back, I find that it’s my preferred way to travel. No luggage lost and they have one of the largest sizes allowed carry ons in the aviation industry currently. Definitely recommend!
Jackie B.
I have a love/hate relationship with Southwest's open seating process. How do others feel about it?
Melissa B.
Colorado Spgs, CO
Anyone else with children hate that we are boarded last? I find it irritating that I have to squeeze through with a car seat, a baby in one arm and my diaper bag hitting everyone on the way through the aisle. This isn't only a problem on southwest, but on every airline that I have flown with.
Rose M.
El Dorado Spg, MO
Techie Expert Level 2
HAS ANYONE ELSE NOTICED THAT NOW THAT THEY ARE KNOWN FOR FREE BAGS, THE COST FOR FLYS HAS INCREASED?
Megan M.
Germantown, MD
Where is the best place you've flown on Southwest?
Tara F.
Wilmington, DE
How many people love Southwest?