BY SKYPE #44 in Apps

Say “hello” to friends and family with an instant message, voice or video call on Skype for free. There’s so much you can do, right from the palm of your hand. Features: Join over 300 million people every month using Skype - Get started with Skype on your iPad and find your friends in an instant. Call friends on Skype - Enjoy free voice and video calls to anyone else who is on Skype and make HD quality video calls from your iPad 4. Message friends and send photos in an instant - Instant message your friends in a flash, add emoticons and even photos. Video messaging - Stay in touch with friends and family even when they're busy or offline with unlimited, free video messages. Call mobiles and landlines - Add a little Skype Credit to send low-cost SMS messages or call friends on their mobile or landline. No WiFi? No problem. - Skype works on 3G* and WiFi – so you can stay in touch, even if you’re out and about. Chat with anyone, anywhere - Skype’s available on smartphones, tablets, PCs, Macs and even TVs. Whatever device your friend or family uses, Skype just works. Simple. Search the app store for other great apps from Skype: - Skype for iPhone - Skype WiFi - GroupMe System requirements: • iOS 5 or above. • Send and receive video using front or back camera on iPad 2, iPad 3rd Generation, iPad 4th Generation, iPad Mini. • Works with any H264 compatible devices, including TVs. see more...

• Skype me parece una muy buena plataforma para comunicarse, pero a...2 Answers
  • Did you have terrible connection while using Skype?6 Answers
  • Will skype eventually end up charging for its services? 54 Answers
Skype
  • "Skype is a really great way to stay in touch with friends and family who are far away without being bothered by long distance charges" in 393 reviews
  • "I love the idea of Skype It is nice to have a place that you can video chat friends and family that are either away for work or live far away." in 375 reviews
  • "It helps me stay in contact and connected with my family and friends who live far away and my significant other who is overseas serving." in 351 reviews
  • "I used it a ton when I was long distance and it helped me be able to stay connected with everyone and have face to face conversationalist with people that are across the country." in 275 reviews
  • "I Would Truly Recommend This To Everyone Who's Living Miles Away Or Just Around The Corner From Your Loved Ones Or The People Who Are Most Important In Your Lives, To Connect And Stay In Touch.The Best Part , Its Completely Free." in 200 reviews
Eric R.
Columbus
Skype was innovative for its time. It gave a whole new dynamic to conversation over technological devices. I believe Skype is free which is super nice. The only reason I gave it 3 stars is because it is vintage and impractical in today's age. Since Apple has created FaceTime and other apps have the ability to have face-to-face capabilities, the only real users of Skype are those who do not possess an iPhone and those who want to make international calls. The development of new apps and especially FaceTime has significantly decreased the use of this app and has made it the app that you delete for more storage.
Josh S.
Skype has some Pro's, and some more cons. We will start with the pros:
1.) With an excellent network connection, Skype can have beautiful quality, with excellent voice
2.) Skype has an extremely easy interface to learn
3.)It's integrated onto most windows devices

Now, the cons:
1.)With a weak network connection, skype is useless
2.) Often, skype lags out and crashes, even on good computers/phones
3.) Quality often is distorted and things look and sound weird.
4.) With other programs such as discord, skype is becoming obsolete

So, for a conclusion, I would say skype is obsolete, and has run its course, since we have better options such as discord now.
Taryn W.
Fort Wayne, IN
Techie Expert Level 1
Before the smart phone era, I used Skype all the time to video chat with my family who lived across the country. While the service has always been excellent, I recently started using it again and was frustrated that you can no longer change your username. It now defaults to "live:(yourname)". It's annoying that "live:" is now part of everyone's username.
Amanda W.
Techie Expert Level 1
This app is very useful in making face-to-face conversations happen over the internet. The only problem I have had with this application is poor connection. I would prefer to use OovoO or facetime over this. But overall it is easy to use and is very convenient for interviews or catching up with old friends.
Maggie D.
East Brunswick
Honestly I am not a fan of Skype.. I've tried using Skype for a while to call my friends. I always ended up with so much lagging and loosing connection. I also use to have problems with logging in; saying my username or email wasn't registered or something. When I did use Skype I did have good times when it worked very well, and then other times where it never worked at all. I can do without it.
Victoria B.
Bakersfield, CA
Techie Expert Level 1
My son uses this to talk with his dad and grandpa . I find that it always has glitches . I am not sure if there is a difference between the android app or the apple app of this . It is a free app so that is why I gave it 3 stars . if you can get everyone able to see and hear eachother it is a great way to stay in touch with family and friends without just talking on the phone .
Danielle B.
Rochester Hls, MI
I used to be an avid Skype user to catch up with family members that I could not see regularly and then it began to drop calls left and right and then gave my computer several viruses. I started using other services and they worked way better for me.
Kamish L.
Aurora, IL
Techie Expert Level 1
Skype is a cool way of communicating, but it's so old school now compared to Snapchat Video, Instagram Video and FaceTime. I haven't used Skype since high school and I must say it did have a lot of connectivity issues and it would also freeze, but I'm sure that it has now been updated to run more efficiently- but I must say I'll never go back!
Britan D.
I honestly haven't opened Skype since I discovered Discord, and I don't miss it at all. Even if you're not a gamer, Discord is just such a nice, more user-friendly platform, to the point where Skype is humorously trying to imitate it. It's like if MySpace tried to make themselves look exactly like Facebook to get people to come back.
Tayla T.
Tullahoma, TN
Techie Expert Level 1
I would use this a lot more if I actually had friends who had it.  It's easy to navigate and works great.  All the different video options on it are super cool as well as the chat bar with the stickers.  I just use snapchat video mostly because that's what my friends and family have.
Candace Q.
Lakeland, FL
Do you think FaceTime for IPhone will replace skype?
Georgia P.
Las Vegas, NV
Skype or oovoo?
Sydney B.
Madison, MS
Techie Expert Level 3
Do you prefer Skype or Facetime?
Grayson M.
Newark, DE
Tango or Skype?
Mollie W.
Does Skype work between different countries?