BY SEPHORA #1 in Online Retailers

PINK Society Life L.
Las Vegas, NV
I had scheduled a beauty makeover for 3:00 and arrived an hour early in the shopping center but could not find parking. As a result I called Sephora to let an associate know that I was running late. I didn’t catch her name but she was rude and short with me. Told me my appointment would be cancelled after 20 minutes. I told her I was right outside just couldn’t find parking but I was trying. And she basically said ok and hung up on me! I was so pissed off.

By the time I made it into the store I was 20 minutes late and another associate informed me that my appointment was cancelled because I was more than 10 minutes late. I said “I’m a rouge and I was told I had 20 minutes and it is 3:20. But if you want to cancel me, Thats fine. I just came to spend a couple hundred dollars on makeup.” (Mind you this was after I had already spent $300+ in the last 24 hours online.).

The associate spoke to a supervisor and they told me that because of the late time I wouldn’t be able to get a full face of makeup and I said that was fine. I apologized to the first associate for being late and complicating things and she turned her back on me and walked away. I don’t want to name names but I will never purchase makeup from that associate again.

The saving grace was Taylor, my makeup artist for the appointment. she was really amazing and incredibly nice and completely made me feel relaxed and happy again. Before Taylor started doing my makeup I was so upset with the way I was being treated, I was ready to walk out. Taylor made me feel that even tho we didn’t have a lot of time she was giving me everything I wanted.

Taylor asked me about my skin concerns. She had the softest touch when preparing my skin and doing my makeup. She was very informative about the products and what would be best for my needs. She listened to what I said when it came to goals. I bought 4 products she recommended. And the only reason I didn’t buy more was because I already had other products I already purchased and wanted to use first. But I’m saving all of Taylor’s recommendations and I’m going to buy them at a later time. I really really appreciated how good Taylor was.

I understand Sephora’s policies. What I didn’t appreciate from the other associate was being treated so rudely. I used to work retail before I became a lawyer and I would have never treated a customer like that.

Even if I was an hour late I think the associate should have tried to solve the problem instead of just dismissing me. Even if the appointment as cancelled and nobody could do my makeup, She could have said “I’m so sorry, please just give me a minute and let me see what I can do. Are you going to an event or just looking to try some new makeup. Maybe I can show you some new products. Or maybe we can reschedule.”

Not to mention that even if a person shows up late, there is still a 45 minutes slot that was booked for the appointment. That means that if the person is not later than 45 minutes the make up artist should still be available for the remaining time. So the makeup artist should have been available for another 25 minutes. Maybe that’s not enough for a full face of makeup but it would be enough for something, as it was in this case. Taylor was able to prepare my skin, prime my face, apply foundation, set, contour, highlight, blush, mascara, and lipstick. Not only that but she taught me about some new skincare products that I’m excited to buy. And she completely made me feel better.

This shows you that Sephora should step up its game when it comes to customer service and rude employees. Has anyone else had similar experiences?
Megan O.
ALBUQUERQUE, NM
I love going to Sephora because they have limited edition products that you can only get there from my favorite Brands like Urban Decay tarte of course Kat Von D. The only thing I don't like about so far as they tend to hire really cocky employees. There have been several times where I've gone in without my makeup on and treated poorly compared to when I go in with my makeup done. Sometimes employees will ignore you despite the store being busy and them not working with anyone. Other than that Sephora is a great place to find a variety of colors in cosmetics that may not be available at other beauty stores like Ulta. But I do wish that they offered the same Rewards program as Ulta because then I am able to use my points as money and considering you spend hundreds of dollars on Cosmetics a year that really helps instead of getting a stupid sample of something you may not like.
Stephany K.
Pleasanton, CA
I am a devoted sephora customer.

I started using Sephora when I first moved to the U.S. some years ago. They have progressively gotten better with the selection of products they offer, specially skincare products.

As a fan of beauty and fashion, I find most of sephora brands reliable, and I think their beauty loyalty program is very appealing as you get many perks like samples and points to get more products to try.

To me, the biggest issue is how full and packed it is at all times. I find myself always feeling down to test a new product, but not even imagining going to the store as I know for a fact that it will be chaos. I have also tried multiple locations and it ends being the same.

Sometimes you have wonderful staff who is helpful and friendly, and others you et some really indifferent people to "help you out" So I guess is a hit or missed.

I mainly buy products online as it is easy, and they have a fast shipping most times.

My last point is that Sephora should take down the advertisements for holiday free sample bags if they ran out of supply as it feels deceiving when I have a 30$ purchase in my cart and decide to buy $50 worth of stuff to get that holiday sample only to received a notification that my order is on its way, BUT the sample ran out so it wont be there.

Above all, I still have to find I beauty store with such a quality assortment of brands and products that I heavily rely on and trust. So try Sephora and go to the store to test things but maybe stick to online purchases to avoid the long lines and annoying staff(sometimes)
Elizabeth C.
Louisville, KY
I love sephora. In the last 2 years I have spent over 11k at sephora alone. They always have the best products and the most unique products. They bring in brands that no store carries like their current partnership with colour pop and similar brands like ciate London and fresh. These brands would be out of reach for many like me who live in the middle of the country but are still high end beauty obsessed. I love the rewards I get for being a loyal customer from the 10 percent off the minute I spend enough to be vib and they great gift I get when I become rouge each year. The invitations to rouge events and the free makeovers. The great point rewards and the option to buy things before anyone else can get their hands on them. They have fast shipping and great availability in stores. Don't have something you want in store? Thats ok they will order it for you online on their website, you can pay rigjt there and it will show up on your doorstep. Rouge gets free flash 2 day shipping which is a huge deal on shipping because its free no matter how little you spend. Its 10 dollars a year for vib I believe. Their play box is available to everyone lately and they are just really great to their loyal customers with twice a year 20 percent off sales for vib and vib rouge free samples in stores whether you buy something or not. Free samples for every order and even a bigger sample for spending over 25, 35 or 45 dollars depending on how big the sample is and what its of. And you get to choose all of these and they switch them out often.
Js something sold out? Sign up to be notified by email the minute it comes back or becomes live on the site for the first time. Sephora just can't be beat and if I have a choice I will always buy from them.
Cassia E.
Ah, my love-hate relationship with The Black-and-White Paycheck Hole! Love the selection, love the shopping experience both on the website and the app, love the new Augmented Reality app content, love playing the free stuff game for all its worth until it counts as a hobby.

HATE HATE HATE that they’ve started using Lasership for Rouge shipping!!!! I’ve lost count of how many of my orders dumb Lasershiphas taken to the wrong address and thrown on someone else’s porch! Usually after 7-10 days. Made a lot of irate phone calls, they bought me off with a zillion points and even a $50 gift card once, and I thought my problem was solved when they introduced Priority Mail as a free shipping alternative. But you can’t default to it, so last night I accidentally placed an order and forgot to change from standard Flash to priority mail Flash, and this morning they swear they can’t change the shipping carrier even though it hasn’t shipped! And the lipstick I ordered is now out of stock!

Yeah I know I could go in-store, but I only do that if I’m using my Rouge powers to get my makeup done professionally. The floor attendants are so pushy. Still...I just don’t like Ulta’s experience and Amazon doesn’t have the free stuff racket....
Neha G.
San Francisco , CA
It’s funny when Influenster asks you to review Sephora 😂 Like what am I supposed to say about the no.1 beauty retailer of the world? Anyway, I will say this - these days I’m much more about Ulta than Sephora. Sephora does terrible deals - even their measly VIB sales are only a max of 20% whereas if you were to buy the same things from any other avenue, you could easily get them for anywhere from 30-50% off for the most part. Their rewards system sucks - I like how Ulta gives you cash back for your points unlike the stupid mini sizes that Sephora gives.
Yanira L.
Indio, CA
Absolutely my favorite makeup store they always have the products I want and never disappointed. I love how they have the beauty insider where you earn points and get benefits. I love how there are so many amazing samples given out with your purchase and I love how you can get free shipping for a year for only 10$ it's an amazing price for a whole year of free shipping. I purchase something from sephora every other day I'm always buying makeup/skin care. I've recently been purchasing a bunch of Christmas presents at Sephora and their holiday collections are amazing
Adeline P.
Tavares, FL
I've shopped at sephora for over 10yrs before ending my relationship with them. The sales are awesome don't get me wrong but when you consistently get your orders late and they always arrive damaged, and sometimes not even what you ordered, you give up! My closest Sephora is an hour drive so I did everything online, however I decided to take the trip and was never so annoyed in my life! Rude "Beauty Advisors" that act like they're better than everyone and took almost 30min to get help. Thanks but no thanks!
Brooke K.
Sephora offers a huge selection of amazing products -- from hair and skin care, to every type of makeup imaginable. They carry all of my favorite (and most highly sought after) brands. I enjoy the beauty reward points, free samples, and free promos that are offered with every order. It makes you feel like you're getting a little more bang for your buck after spending $50+ on an eyeshadow palette. :) They rarely offer sales on their products, but I have been very pleased with my purchases over time.
lex r.
Oxford, MS
Sephora is my favorite place to shop for all things makeup. I️ rarely ever stray from Sephora and when I do it’s only for a good reason. The website is SO easy to navigate and their customer service is amazing. When you check out you can always get 3 free samples which makes I️t so easy to try new products. They also have an amazing rewards program, Beauty Insider. I️ have been a Rouge member for several years and I️ get exclusive deals, sales, product drops, and savings. I️ Love Sephora!!!
Jozanne M.
hi can anybody tell me if the 2 day or expedited shipping is worth it? do they deliver as said?
Brandy F.
Tahlequah
Where do u sign up for your birthday
Val V.
I’m looking for new products to test out. What are your top five beauty products from sephora.com for me to try