BY PAYPAL #9 in Apps

Online payment service for individuals and merchants. Allows users to send money and bills to anyone with e-mail.

• Do you use Paypal to sell or purchase things online? Both? 152 Answers
  • What is your favorite thing about paypal? Mine is the convenience...8 Answers
  • PayPal got some issues but it's still the best one to buy on eBay...7 Answers
Paypal
  • "I use PayPal for all my online purchases as it's safe and it make it easy way to use it in the stores without taking out your credit card." in 49 reviews
  • "I legit love PayPal so much that I dread when websites don't work with it, it makes things so much easier, nobody wants to continue putting their credit card information when they just wanna do some online shopping " in 36 reviews
  • "I've been using PayPal for years to make secure online purchases and for money transfers from my boyfriend that is currently stationed in Japan." in 30 reviews
  • "I also love how you have the option to get a debit card from them instead of waiting DAYS and DAYS for the money to transfer to your bank account." in 27 reviews
  • "It makes shopping and paying for things online so much easier and I know that my information will be kept secure and that the payment will be successful." in 23 reviews
Britney J.
Jax
I am not a fan of the PayPal app or PayPal as an company. I had PayPal for a couple of years and I regularly utilized the app at the time. I thought it was very convenient, until a stranger was able to use my PayPal to charge my bank account $150. I had issues disputing the charge with my bank and PayPal and there was a lot of back and forth. Then, when I was finally refunded, and I did attempt to remake my PayPal account, there were a lot of lengthy security steps that I had to go through, many of which were not available to complete in the app. I completed most of the tasks on the computer, but the last task that I had was to receive a code via mail from PayPal, and no matter how many times I requested it, nothing was ever mailed to me. Due to all of this, I’ve completely stop using PayPal and their app.
April L.
Tarpon Spgs, FL
I don’t even want to get started on PAYPAL... Awful. Just google the horror stories about PayPal over the years. I think they’re TRYING to get better, but they still give me a headache with my business I run. Selling courses and knowledge even with a “no refund policy” after the course, a scammer client creates a dispute so they can keep the knowledge they learned AND keep their money, and PayPal Always. Sides. With. The. Buyer. No matter the evidence you provide showing your end of the transaction was finished. One dispute creates a chain of your next payments being held for extended periods of time. When I use my PayPal for my business, don’t you think I need said funds to continue operation of my business? It’s a complete set back to have to wait 21 days for my payments to be off hold... insane. And for a lot of people, working online and using the #1 most used gateway for payments online (PayPal) is the only option they have sometimes. This causes all sorts of problems for people literally living off the money they make through PayPal. Other horror stories include being accused of doing activity you weren’t. I read a story from a man who published and wrote his own books and PayPal shut down his whole PayPal (and blacklisted him) because they could “prove he didn’t have the legal right to sell those books”. Yet he could prove HE’S the author. Crazy!!! Try to stay away from PayPal. All a headache.
Christopher C.
Eugene
Paypal an amazing company when it comes to finances and being able to do business online. PayPal has been around with eBay doing your thing when it came to making the world different when it looked at money and banking. I've been with PayPal for about 10 years now and I've had my ups and downs with them but you know what the customer service was the best and they got everything I needed to be done and I would not change any amount of time or effort I put into any of the PayPal transaction because they wouldn't stop until the job got done or whatever problem I had was not a problem anymore. PayPal is a good beginning or even now this or expert account for anybody and I highly recommend!
Mari S.
Stuart
I have been using paypal for almost 15 years. Pretty much from the beginning when they linked with ebay in the early 2000s , I've been there. In all those years I've never had an issue with paypal and felt that my payments to buyers and retailers were more secure. The fact that PayPal is easily accessible and great whether you are on the seller or buyer side of things, makes it one of the best things to happen to online commerce. I have sold about 100 items over the years, and I have bought thousands of items ( its crazy to even think that , but I have the feedback to prove it).  I have also sent money to friends and relatives way before the days of "instant pay" through banks.
So I give credit where credit is due and they have grown tremendously in the past decade and when the big retailer hack in 2015 happened I was so grateful that I had only been using paypal for online shopping.

Now granted I have read Paypal horror stories and I would hate to be in their shoes. Paypal is far from perfect and now with a lot of new ways to pay and make money I can see how Paypal's novelty may be wearing out. But I can only speak on my behalf and my experience and ( knock on wood)I never had a bad experience.

So, as always:  Use your own discretion
Danielle B.
Rochester Hls, MI
I originally only used PayPal for what I thought was secure and quick payment...it turned out not to work for me. I used PayPal maybe twice and then received emails informing me that my account had been closed for no apparent reason. I called PayPal and went through several attempts to get the account back open and was informed that I had made a fraudulent purchase that I found out in the end after several attempts wasn't even linked to my account. PayPal never apologized for the inconvenience and treated it as if it was my fault that I couldn't figure out what this purchase was. All in all, it was just a giant hassle.
Tanya B.
Beloit , WI
PayPal is amazing!! The convenience factor alone awards it 5 stars in my opinion. In a world where companies nickel and dime you around every possible corner, it is very refreshing to find a company that does not do that to you. I occasionally buy and sell things on eBay and PayPal gives me the piece of mind to know that I'm not typing in my credit card or debit card information into it so it can be stolen. I love that they also offer random deals and promotions for different websites! Sending and receiving money is outrageously convenient with PayPal and i sure hope they keep up their top notch reputation!
Melissa Y.
Mercer, PA
Absolutely love PayPal! It has so many feature that truly help people keep their information safe and use online shopping to the fullest. If you have a small online business, this is the best thing to have to get your money and shipping costs sent directly to you. You can also open up some credit if you would like! Plus they have a great new feature that lets you deposit money into your bank account in minutes for only 25 cents now!!
Kierstyn M.
Lexington, NC
I’ve had zero issues with PayPal. I use it to send and receive money at least once a week. I do like that more merchants are starting to accept PayPal because I hate having to dig my card out of my purse when making online purchases. It’s nice to have everything already stored in my PayPal account so I can just click and be done. Their customer service is excellent. I had an issue where I purchased an item and the lady claimed she never received any money from me (but it she did) and I contacted PayPal because she didn’t want to send my items and they refunded my money without any issues.
april n.
Forest lake , MN
PayPal is exactly what you need when you need it. It’s great and user-friendly for sending and receiving money. And it doesn’t charge outrageous fees for doing either service.

I love that it offers protection and I always use it when I’m buying from websites that I haven’t purchased from before. The extra layer of security makes me feel more confident in my purchases incase something goes wrong.

PayPal is extremely user-friendly and easy to understand - for everyone. There’s no hidden costs or fees and I recommend this to anyone as a safe and secure way to transfer money to someone.
Sheena A.
Cadiz, KY
Paypal is the best! It is easy to use and most every online store accepts it. I love that PayPal will protect you as a customer. If someone sells you something that is not as advertised, they will investigate and get you your money back. PayPal is scam proof!
My sister is also in Japan right now studying abroad. Like any college student she sometimes needs extra money and PayPal is an easy way to transfer her money into her account with out having to go to a Western Union and wire her money! Plus it gets to her instantly! What did I do before PayPal?
Marie T.
Avondale, LA
Do you use Paypal to sell or purchase things online? Both?
Kelsey B.
Is PayPal easy to use? Or worth it
sandi t.
santiago, santiago
Is it really safe ??
Emily H.
buffalo, NY
Are they safe to give your SS to?
Jessica S.
Iowa, LA
Any bad experiences with paypal?