BY NYX #45 in Finishing & Translucent Powders

Ingredients: Silica

• Not a question but a comment. I just did my makeu... Be the first to answer!
  • What besides the color is the differance in setting powder and ba...1 Answers
  • How is nyx finishing powder? I thought I bought some but idk wher...2 Answers
Rachel B.
Fort Wayne, IN
Giving 3 stars because of an average score - NOT because I recommend it. Everyone knows I'm a HUGE fan of NYX. I think they offer a great variety of products and dupes for more expensive beauty products that I love - but this one doesn't do it for me. I had to give it three stars because it does the job. It's easily one of the best setting powders - especially for this price range. Your face will feel dry and matte after this powder. I never feel fearful of my face products rubbing off after using this. BUT, the smell. I am not easily bothered by beauty products scents whatsoever. But this is a whole other level. It's so bad that I have to take a big break, apply it, walk away from the area I applied it in and then breath again. If I don't, I'm nearly suffocated by the overwhelming powder and mix of cleaning product/baby powder smell. It's intoxicating - but in a bad way. I feel like I'm choking when I breath it in. It also gives off a lot of product, which is probably why what you inhale is so overpowering. My last gripe is its flashback from a camera. IF YOU USE THIS, MAKE SURE TO WIPE OFF EVERY LITTLE BIT OF POWDER ON YOUR FACE. If you even leave the slightest bit, it will appear white in photos. It's made me very self conscious about wearing it on nights I know my picture will be taken. Again (to review), this product does its job but the scent and flashback make it not worth it - in my opinion. Sorry to say about my beloved NYX.
Amber R.
Chillicothe, OH
This translucent setting powder is a good option from the drug store. It sets your makeup & locks it into place decently well. My Biggest problem with this powder is the over powering baby powder type scent. Scents usually don't bother me at all But every time I used this powder I would get the scent stuck in my nose which choked me up a few times. If I didn't get choked up then I would feel a tingling sensation in my nose for a while, agonist like I wanted to sneeze but couldn't. This only happened when using this powder. I couldn't handle that feeling anymore so, even though I do like the finish it gives to my makeup/skin, I ended up giving it away to a friend because I stopped using it. If it wasn't for the issues I had with the scent, I would still be using this product & would've given it a higher rating. I love so many NYX products that it saddens me to give one of their products a lower rating But I have to be honest.
Rachel L.
This is a good setting powder, but it gives me a little bit of a white cast if I don't properly dust it off.. I am already fairly pale so this can look a little strange if not cleaned up properly. Make sure you properly dust after baking and it will leave a very nice natural finish. Other than that this works really well at keeping my makeup intact and soaking up any excess oil that my face may produce throughout the day (I'm not really an oily type though).. The powder itself is very fine and applies smoothly without exaggerating the lines around my eyes and I would recommend this if you favor loose over pressed powders or need a powder without any color..
Mahiyat M.
Kind of disappointed with this product since I did a lot of research before buying. I read lots of raving reviews but after using it a couple times, I feel very meh about it. Maybe because my last setting powder was the Laura Mercier one and I've had that taste of perfection haha but I used this yesterday and my cousin was snapping me with flash on. She said my under eyes looked ridiculous and upon taking a look at the video, I was horrified to find that to be true. The flashback with this product is unreal. I also found it slightly hard to blend since I didn't apply much, but whatever I did apply, I blended out with my beauty blender dupe but a while later, I still saw white streaks which I had to blend out again! Maybe that was on me and I didn't blend it out well enough the first time but I will say the product did leave my skin with a soft finish comparable to the Laura Mercier powder, which is why I'm giving it 3 stars. I will try it out some more but overall dissatisfied with this considering it's flashback and how long I researched it. I wish I bought the Coty powder or really, anything else. I've never tried a bad nyx product but this is the first (and hopefully last).
Julie E.
Makes the face look perfectly matte without leaving any white residue. It’s extremely easy to apply with any stippled makeup brush. The finishing powder is best for oily or combination skin types because it dries up the face to give it a matte finish. I even discovered that this product doubles as an AMAZING dry shampoo. I poor a little in my hands and run it through my hair and my hair looks and even feels clean. Works better than any dry shampoo I’ve ever used. It doesn’t make the hair feel grimy or thick with product after. Highly recommend this product for both uses.
Adriane O.
I can easily say that this product disappointed me greatly. I read that it was great for baking and an overall good product. When I purchased it and used it that night, I could not have been more under whelmed. it was too finely milled to bake with because my beauty blender could not grab onto enough product and it gave a horrible flashback.

The only good thing about it was the packaging. I ended up dumping out the powder that was inside, and replacing it wit my RCMA no color powder.

But I would not recommend this product to anyone.
Michelle G.
I would NOT use this product! This was my first setting powder I’ve ever purchased and I got it when “baking” was becoming more popular. When I first used it, I noticed I left a lot of white product on my face that was very powdery and difficult to remove. At first, I thought this was just user error, so I watched YouTube videos on how to improved applying; however, after trying this product MULTIPLE times and having my picture taken while wearing this product, I am part ways with it - SO MUCH flashback and residue left on your face...DO NOT USE
Melissa B.
A very lightweight powder, almost velvet-y to the touch. Tough to control BECAUSE it’s so light. I only have luck applying with a beauty blender. Falls into my pores quite a lot, so doesn’t do a great job smoothing on its own. Mixed with foundation prior to application, it’s a much better more mattifying product. It’s also worth noting that flash photography will trigger white spots in this if you use it topically, even when blended well. (Just thought that was worth noting as the word ‘studio’ sort of implied otherwise, in my opinion.)
Alysia S.
Panorama city , CA
I bought this because i was in need of a translucent powder for holding my makeup and for using to keep myself matte on a film set. $10 seemed pretty affordable and I like NYX products so I thought, "Why not." I wish i ready reviews before buying this!!!!! I actually HATE this. I never hated a product before, there are products I don't like but this is the worst. There's so much flash back in photos. It dries out my skin so bad when I first put it on. I have oily skin so through out the day it doesn't get as bad.  And it works for setting my foundation. It does make my foundation last longer. But it makes my pores look huge. And it's just uncomfortable. I can actually feel it on my face and it leaves a weird texture/film on my skin, i don't know how to describe it, but i do not like it.  I thought i could also try using this to set jmy under eye, which it works, but it looks BAD. Do NOT buy this. I wish i kept my receipt so i could return this. But i use it everyday because I have to beauty on a budget and want to use up most of it before i go buy a new powder. ugh.
Emily R.
Columbia, SC
I really liked the feeling of this powder when setting my makeup and I feel like it is a really unique powder. I thought the jar was a bit small, but it was still a good deal for the price. My main concern with this powder, though, is the smell and how messy it is. I don't feel like my brush can dip into the jar and easily pick up any powder, maybe because of how fine it is? I also felt like most of it felt to my lap before it set on my face. Just very messy, overall.
Kyla B.
Kingston , ON
Is this good for undereye baking?
Emma M.