BY NOT YOUR MOTHER'S #7 in Dry Shampoo

I know you’re busy keeping up with that social life! So don’t waste precious time in the bathroom, just use Clean Freak.  Get that perfect hair before everyone else.  Except more room on your social calendar because this salon formula dry shampoo will have you and your hair ready for a night out on the town.

Tiffanie K.
Valdosta, GA
I love this product. It soaks up the oils from roots, and I've used it 2 days in a row (so days 2 and 3 of not washing my hair) and my hair looks brand new both days. I don't notice a lasting white cast, of course you see a cast upon application but once I brush my hair it goes away. My hair is blonde and pretty much always has been while I've used dry shampoo, so I can't vouch on how it will or will not have a prolonged white cast on darker hair colors. It also softens my roots and doesn't add texture or thickness, which is important to me because my hair is very thick already, and I do not use any volumizing or thickening products. Would highly recommend.
Kailey C.
So, I have super oily hair, but hate washing my hair every day since I dye it so often. I’ve used other dry shampoo brands in the past, and I just wasn’t impressed. Last year I traded all my beauty products out to cruelty free ones, and a few months ago invested in this dry shampoo. I was so skeptical of it, but it’s wonderful. Not only does it smell amazing, but it does exactly what it’s supposed to. I will say, be careful with how much you put in your hair, it comes out white and can produce a lot of build up in your hair, so go easy. I highly recommend this product!
Sheena V.
Uhrichsville
I am fairly new to the dry shampoo world and I have to say , why didn't I buy this sooner!!! I absolutely love "not your mothers" brand so when I decided to give the dry shampoo a try I was not disappointed. I wash my hair 1 time a week and this product definitely helps me stretch my wash days to about every 10 days . If you are not using dry shampoo or are on the fence about starting one , I highly recommend the not your mothers dry shampoo! It makes my hair look like I just washed it and you can buy it at Walmart or any drug store and even online , eBay, Amazon .
Kassandra K.
Cincinnati, OH
By far my favorite dry shampoo. It's affordable and works great. It does leave a bit of a white reside when you spray it into darker hair, but it's easily fixed by rubbing it into your scalp and sometimes I'll even blow dry it to add more volume. I was my hair about every 3 days and use this dry shampoo everyday. I dont find that it builds up too bad after a couple days. Once you brush your hair out you can apply more product and 3 days later still works great! Overall I highly recommend this product if you are looking for an affordable dry shampoo!
Briana S.
This dry shampoo is just "okay." I'm giving it 3 stars because I have tried others that work better (I won't name them since this isn't a review of those products). The store I was shopping at was out of my usual trusty brand, so I started looking for the other kind that I liked a little bit less than my usual. The store was out of that kind too...so I tried "Not Your Mother's." I was desperate and needed something right then and didn't have time to go hunt several different stores from what I usually used. It worked okay. It took a while to "work out" the powdery look in my hair and I still don't think I got it all worked through. It also didn't make my hair feel as gritty and "grippy" as I like for my dry shampoo to do. I use dry shampoo sometimes as a texturizer so that my curling iron will do a better job on my silky hair. It didn't help me in that department at all. It made my hair look less grreasy, but that's about it. There were none of the other perks that usually come with using dry shampoo. I probably won't buy it again.
Jessica P.
Chesnee, SC
I decided to try this after trying many other dry shampoos. Most either left a white cast, left my hair too hard to manage, or just didn’t “refresh” my hair. I tried this one with about 3-4 day hair. I didn’t use a lot as I was just testing it out, but the places I did use it, you could see how much oil was absorbed. Didn’t leave a white case either. I have dark auburn hair. Very clean scent as well. I’m looking forward to using this a lot more. I think I may have just found my new go to dry shampoo!
Irene Y.
Vestal
I have super oily hair!! It needs to be washed every single day (maybe even twice a day 😭). This was the first dry shampoo I ever used and it just wasn’t doing it for me. I could go another day without washing my hair, but my scalp would get super itchy. I also found this dry shampoo to leave more of a white cast than another brand. My hair was also very hard after using this making it hard to work with. I have thin hair and it naturally falls flat and straight. I would recommend this if you wanna save a little money than another brand. It’s definitely worth it but not the complete best I’ve used.
Brittany💕 M.
Covington, OH
I battled oily hair for as long as I can remember... Even if I wash it daily by the end of the day it looks as though it's been days since my head has seen shampoo... I've tried other dry shampoos to help from constantly having to wash my hair, but I always end up looking like I put powder all over my head or worse you can actually see the residue sticking to the oil giving my hair a cakey look. Then I found this and WOW! I actually had to call friends over to watch because I could not believe how well this product worked... I can now even wait 2 days in between hair washing even going to the gym daily! I'm in love... Because I'm not stripping my hair with shampoo 2xs a day my hair actually seems healthier and fuller! The only CON I've come across is the fumes are quite strong at first so be sure to do it in a well ventilated room to avoid inhaling the powders.... I actually go outside when at home.
Atleast 10 of my friends have now bought this and my teenage son has one he keeps in his gym bag, it's a must or bust in this house!
Kristina C.
I bought this as a replacement for another dry shampoo for about $6 online at Walmart.com. It has a somewhat strong fragrance that isn't offensive but which I don't prefer (I should have bought the fragrance-free version!) This is not made for dark hair; if you spray too much at once, you get white patches. I have hair that gets oily at the roots one day after washing, so this product helps that problem. I will not be buying this brand/variety of dry shampoo again.
Jessica V.
I tried using Not Your Mother's Clean Freak Refreshing Dry Shampoo a number of times. I am not a fan! It is not brunette hair friendly. If I accidentally sprayed too much in one spot, it looked like I had a white patch in my hair. It took too long to comb out. Ridiculous! Also, the scent is way too strong in my opinion. It's gross. Do yourself a favor and buy Batiste™ Dry Shampoo instead. They have a variety of scents and work great on any hair color.
Sarah W.
Lk Havasu Cty, AZ
How does this work over darker hair? I have read quite a few good reviews, but I have dark roots and I don't want them to look grey!
Donaleen M.
Las Vegas, NV
Where is the best place to buy this product?
Jen H.
Sugar Grove, IL
Curious if anyone likes this product more than others?
Wendy A.
Hempstead, NY
Does this product leave her hair sticky? I've tried the Tresemme dry shampoo and I can't take the sticky residue that it leaves behind.
Ashley D.
I have never used dry shampoo, but I've heard horror stories of it sticking to hair like glue if it were to get wet. Does anyone know if that happens normally, with this product, or no? I'm worried about it sticking like gum to my long hair, thanks!