BY NOT YOUR MOTHER'S

!Sorry, this product has been discontinued.

Beach Babe Moisturizing Shampoo

We know you want sexy, windswept hair – and you can’t get enough of your NYM addiction (*wink*) – but you’re still craving that extra something? Then use Beach Babe Moisturizing Shampoo as the perfect base to create those tousled waves with ease. Hang loose, because this salon formula, infused with sea kelp and coconut oil, will cleanse your hair without harsh sulfates and leave you feeling (and smelling!) like you just got to the shore!

Beach Babe Moisturizing Conditioner

We know you want sexy, windswept hair – and you can’t get enough of your NYM addiction (*wink*) – but you’re still craving that extra something? Then use Beach Babe Moisturizing Conditioner as the perfect base to create moisturized, healthy waves with ease. Hang loose, because this salon formula, infused with sea kelp and coconut oil, will nourish and soften your hair and leave you feeling (and smelling!) like you just got to the shore!

MSRP: $2 each (travel-size)

• Does this actually work? Because I have heard so much hype3 Answers
  • I have somewhat wavy hair will this make it more wavy???1 Answers
  • I've used the texturizing spray and it made my hair feel crunchy....1 Answers
Not Your Mother's® Beach Babe Moisturizing Shampoo & Conditioner
  • "The smell was amazing, however I have extremely thick curly hair and it was difficult with the sample size received to work the products all the through it." in 31 reviews
  • "The shampoo smells great when you're putting it on, but the conditioner smells horrible and the scent just lingers throughout the day." in 28 reviews
  • "It gives me the simple waves I'm aiming for, but I think that it's more made for already wavy hair types, not straight like mine." in 21 reviews
  • "Nature's Way EfaGold Coconut Oil This has been a go to product for me all summer , smells amazing , love how it leaves my hair !!" in 21 reviews
  • "It definitely adds the beachy waves that I wanted, but I have to add a little hairspray in to give it the full effect that I'm looking for." in 14 reviews
Jessica M.
Akron, OH
I have very fine, straight, color processed hair. During the summer, I avoid using any heat products on it, because who wants to use a hair dryer in July?

This is my go-to summer shampoo. It smells like summer. It has a scent that is similar to suntan lotion, but not overly so. Since it is sulfate free, it does not strip out any color I have in my hair (even fun colors like pink or purple, which are notoriously hard to keep).

I can wash and condition my hair, get out of the shower, run a comb through it, and go. As my hair dries, it starts to get some wave to it, and looks good all day long.

I used this all summer this year and last, and will continue to swap out my Pureology for this in hot months.
Brennah R.
I LOVE this shampoo and conditioner. First of all, I switched to this brand because it is cruelty free, doesn't test on animals, and doesn't contain toxic chemicals. I've tried to switch to other environmentally friendly shampoos and they never worked well for me. UNTIL THIS BRAND. It took a few weeks to acclimate, but my hair has never been healthier. I wash it every other day and it doesn't get greasy or oily. I have naturally wavy hair and this brand enhances that. Love it!!!
Taylor A.
I was sent the Beach Babe spray in a voxbox a long, long time ago, and I fell in love with the smell. The shampoo and conditioner share the same sweet, beachy, coconut scent that I can't get enough of. From the first use, my hair was much softer and felt thick and healthy. I have medium, slightly wavy hair and was hoping to increase the wave with this product. It hasn't made a huge difference in the texture of my hair so far, but there is a little more consistency in my waves.
Xiomara Y.
Union, NJ
I have curly hair and love is using beach type products. I like the way the shampoo doesn't dry or rip away a lot of moisture from your hair. When you use it it feels soft. And the conditioner is light. But personally I like products with a nice fragrance like fruit or flowers, a sweet smell. This smells like spicy or idk not the type of smell I like. It has coconut oil in it but I don't smell coconut maybe it's the sea kelp idk. But the product leaves the hair feeling nice.
Virginia S.
La Jolla, CA
It does hydrate your hair and help keeps a shine. It leaves it very soft and silky but only for a day or two and it's done. I will admit that for the money you can't go wrong.

It smells like roasted coconuts which is a plus for me and the shampoo is rich and lathers well. The conditioner smells a little less like coconut punch to the face and feels rich as well. I have fine straight hair and it helps keep it very soft and silky.

I definitely recommend trying it.
Dianne G.
Corona, NY
I was going on a beach vacation this sunner and since my hair always gets dried up from the sun and sea salt, I wanted to find a shampoo that would help keep my hair from getting dried out. Well guess what, i found not your mothers beach bade shampoo and conditioner and loved it! Used it all summer long and honestly, we are about to go into the fall and i still plan on using it.
Also, it smells so great it's like being on the beach all year long :-)!!
Jessica H.
Beaverton, OR
I'm a huge fan of this sulfate free shampoo, but not the conditioner. This shampoo leaves my hair feeling squeaky clean, not to mention how amazing it smells. If you love the scent of coconut then you'll love this. I have also bought the other Beach Babe products, like the Beach Waves spray with sea salt, and the Beach Babe Texturizing cream. The products run around $7 each and sometimes Ulta will have them for buy one, get one free.
Katarina  Q.
Honestly, OBSESSED! They perform exactly like the name of the products say. I became familiar with Not your mother's a few years ago when I received the texturing shampoo and conditioner in my very first vox box. It smells divine and makes me feel like I'm in the Tropics while I'm lathering my hair. It gives you messy (yet neat) beach textured hair without hitting the waves! Completely hooked and highly recommend.
Reana O.
I absolutely hated this product! It smells kinda funky and it work terribly. It doesn't lather so you have to put more and more one your hand. It made my hair look crazy and smell crazy. My hair felt dry and nasty and I never repurchased it nor will I ever. I think I even through the bottle away after a couple more uses of it. I like the spray but these are terrible. I definitely do not recommend these products.
Brittany A.
Terre Haute, IN
After going a reaaalllly long time embracing the "no-poo" method, I stepped back into the shampoo world after being at the beach for a few days and loving what it did to my hair. I wasn't really expecting too much with a relatively inexpensive product, but it has pleasantly surprised me! My hair smells fantastic, and it really looks amazing and beachy. And bonus points for being sulfate free and cruelty free.
Leoni S.
Dublin, Ireland
Its not a brand I've ever heard of, so would be a bit worried about trying it
Ashtan C.
Rockingham, NC
What places can this be bought at other then Ulta?
Marlena W.
Terre Haute, IN
How well do these work?
Madison L.
Does this come in the #surfsupvoxbox ? I thought it did but all the pictures of people who have gotten theirs don't have it!
Kirstie J.
Crozet, VA
Will this strip color out of my dyed hair?