BY CLARINS

NEW! Clarins Hydra-Essentiel
Silky Cream

Clarins’ silky cream quenches skin, shielding it from the dehydrating effects of daily thermic shocks that leave skin looking dry and weathered: sudden temperature changes, indoor and outdoor pollutants and environmental stress. Contains Organic Leaf of Life—a super-quenching succulent plant extract that revitalizes the skin's natural hydration to retain moisture in any environment.

• Perilla Oil nourishes and comforts.
  • Beautyberry extract helps revive skin radiance.
  • Helps address: Dryness, dullness

Skin is perfectly hydrated, comfortable, radiant and protected.

Stephany M.
Orlando, FL
I got a sample at macys and wow! Smells so good, so fresh, so cream very moisturizer, my skin is so soft right know, I really want to get the full size! It’s very effective, i see my skin so clean and i love it! As skincare junky I totally recommend this!
Kendra R.
Blairs Mills, PA
This made my face feel so soft and nice on my face. My face looked real nice when I put this on my face. I tried a sample of this in a skincare sample box from Ulta beauty and I really adore this product. I'd definitely get the full size.
Lauline G.
I actually am in love with this Hydra-Essentiel silky cream. The name of this product says it all--it is SILKY. It is so smooth and I have seen a true transformation in my skin. I tend to have sensitive skin, and this moisturizer is perfect. It's extremely gentle. As someone with combination skin who tends to get really dry in the winter, I was in need for a moisturizer that would lock in my moisture and this certainly has done the trick. Goodbye dry spots on my nose! As a result, my makeup application has been way smoother!

Update: I have used this product for about two-three weeks at this point, not every day but every other day. Lately my nose has been peeling a lot because it is so dry due to the harsh Chicago winter weather, so I've been using the hydra-essentiel silky cream alongside the serum on my nose only. I find that if I use it on the areas where my face is the driest, it works the best. My makeup as a result has been holding up much better; when I don't use the serum and cream, I find that my skin flakes more and consequently my makeup flakes as well.

I also like using this product at night because the fragrant is really light, but is soothing. It's like fresh laundry. I have sensitive skin but the scent doesn't effect it at all. No breakouts after using this product whatsoever. In fact, my skin looks pretty clear right now and with a subtle glow after using this cream. I do have like three acne scars that are left over from past breakouts, but I have not had any more flare ups since using this product.

I am also surprised at how long lasting this cream is. I use about a pea-size of the cream once a day, sometimes twice a day. I have had this sample for well over 3 weeks now and still have product left! A little truly goes a long way which makes purchasing the full size of this product well worth it!!

I usually use this product at night, but sometimes I will use it in the morning. It's super silky, but doesn't leave an oily residue so you can definitely wear it at any time of day.

Disclosure: I received this product as part of the Influenster #VoxBox, but all of my opinions expressed are my own.
Renee G.
Marketing this product for "normal to dry skin" was probably the company's biggest mistake. I have very dry, dehydrated skin with some sensitivity, and this product was nowhere near enough for me.

The Silky Cream has a thin, lightweight lotion texture. It spreads easily and feels slightly sticky when you first apply it your face, but it soaks in within a few moments. I used this in the morning after spending the night in my bedroom with a humidifier on full blast, and at first, it seemed to "lock in" the moisture from the humidifier. My skin felt plump and smooth. But after a few hours, the magic was gone and my skin was no longer as hydrated and smooth. By the end of the night, my face actually felt a bit dryer than usual. I tried this moisturizer in tandem with the Hydra-Essentiel serum and on its own, and the cream never worked past the first couple of hours.

Also, this product has added fragrance, which annoys me. It smells kind of like watery flowers, and you can still smell it for a little while after application. Furthermore, the jar packaging for the full-size product isn't optimal if you want to travel or prevent bacteria growth. Jars may look pretty, but tubes and airless pumps are more sanitary.

This may be a decent day cream or summer moisturizer for those with normal or combination skin, but it did little for my dry face. I would not purchase a full size.

I received a sample of this product free from an Influenster Vox Box, but all opinions are my own.
Ali R.
I love the way this feels on my skin- It is a gel-like moisturizer. It is not the most moisturizing cream i have used, as it is not worth the price. HOWEVER, I recommend using it after washing your face, and under an overnight mask!

Amy E.
Forest , OH
I have oily skin but in the Winter here in Ohio I get these pesky dry patches also. My skin just starts doing this annoying thing where it wants to be complicated. Some call it combination skin, I call it complicated skin because finding the right products can be a major task. I need a moisturizer but many leave me with acne regardless how high end they might be. I started using this product that Influenster had sent me in exchange for my honest feedback and I was just waiting for the acne to start popping up, but I was willing to take one for the team. I had every expectation to jump on here and leave a review such as, another moisturizer that gave me acne. BUT NOPE! Do to my pleasant surprise this product moisturized my skin amazingly and I did not get any acne! I started calling it the miracle moisturizer. Seriously. I'm addicted. I am a fan for life. I have already purchased more.
memory l.
Minneapolis, MN
So I received a sample of this creme for review and I used it with the serum and what I can say is that the serum is a long term goal to have skin that retain moisture longer, but the creme is instant gratification. I used it at night time after washing and after applying the serum. My skin felt comfortable going to sleep and waking up which usually it is one or the other. In the winter months my skin takes a beating but after using the moisturizer it looked radiant and felt amazing! Also loved the fact that there was a panthlette that went into detail about the secret ingredient and how that relates to your skin, all good knowledge to have! My sample lasted me for about 2 weeks using it every morning when I wake up, before I put on my makeup and at night as a moisturizer. You only need a small amount and after the two weeks I have notice more radiant looking skin and it definitely does hold on to moister better especially in the dry cheek area where I have the most problems.
Stacie N.
Ainsworth, NE
I got this as a sample @voxbox and I was disappointed in the sample size. I have been diligent on using since I received it 2 days ago and looks like I am goin to get 3 days out of the creme and maybe a 4th out of the serum. It's disappointing as I feel it tale a week to notice a difference unless you have a reaction that prevents you from continued use. The creme I feel would work better as a transition creme for lile fall and spring due to other products I have used work better for me in winter. It may be light enough to continue use in summer. I'm not sold on my 3 day use that I can evaluate it properly. I like the smell and texture but don't notice a difference in use then the other counter products I was using. For me it's just ok.. not noticeable benefits or reasons to trade out the product I currently used.
Betsy F.
Tampa, FL
This moisturizer is so amazing, I experienced a balance of softness, moisture, and lightness that I had NO IDEA my combo/oily skin could be. I can not praise this cream and the serum enough. In my review on the clarins website, I described my skin as "childlike" - soft and plump and moisturized from the inside out, like there is nothing on my skin at all. Anyone with oily skin knows how difficult it is to achieve a balance of JUST ENOUGH moisture without going overboard and this cream makes that feat, something I thought to be impossible, so easy! The product is creamy but also lightweight and absorbs completely and quickly. I apply the bi-phase serum first, than my other serums (vit c & UFO), then this moisturizer and then my spf. All day long my face looks soft and plump but not shiny or wet at all. After using these for two weeks almost, my skin has never looked healthier! I received a sample of this product for free from Influenster in exchange for an honest review.
Kimberly S.
Royal Oak, MI
I am pretty picky with moisturizers, so when i got this sample free from Clarins and Influenster in exchange for my honest review, I fully intended on being critical of it. Just because something is free does not mean it is good. But this moisturizer beat me into submission. It is a fantastic long-lasting moisture cream, perfect for cold winters. I would not change my review because I got it for free. In fact, I'm a bit sad that I liked it so much because now I have to buy it. It'd be easier to get something I wouldn't like in the long run. This product satisfied my needs as someone with dry and sensitive skin. It felt like my skin fully absorbed the cream instead of it just sitting on top of the skin. That said, it is a bit on the thicker side for what I like (I typically like lighter-weight creams) so I'm not sure if this is a good product for me in the summer...but I'm willing to give it a try. Again, I received this product for free in exchange for my honest review. And this is my honest review: a great product that works wonders for dry skin.
Lorna Q.
IRVINE, CA
I am considering buying this product because it does look like it does a good job of hydrating your skin. Does it have a scent to it? If so what does it smell like?