BY NECTRESSE #12 in Sugars & Sweeteners

NECTRESSE™ Sweetener has a rich sugar-like taste and is naturally zero calories per serving. How? We started with the deliciously sweet extract of monk fruit and combined it with the perfect blend of other natural sweeteners. It's 100% natural with nothing artificial. You're going to love the way it tastes. In our search to create the perfect sweetener, we turned to the place that does sweetness best: nature. We found our inspiration in the monk fruit. Hand-picked in remote mountain regions, monk fruit has been cultivated for hundreds of years and only recently re-discovered as a source of natural sweetness. see more...

NECTRESSE Natural No Calorie Sweetener
  • "I'm trying to cut down a few pounds so I don't want a bunch of calories from sugar, I use this in my Green Tea and It makes it sweet with 0 calories, I don't like artificial sweeteners but this one doesn't seem bad!" in 45 reviews
  • "This isn't my favorite monk fruit sweater brand but it's still good tasting.Ive always liked Splenda products.I like the fact that this Splenda product is all natural!" in 40 reviews
  • "Why abuse it more with an artificial sweetener when there's a natural alternative that not only tastes more like real sugar but doesn't leave behind a nasty after-taste" in 31 reviews
  • "I really don't like replacing my regular sugar with you but I do love using this Nectresse sugar on my tea so add some sweetness." in 28 reviews
  • "I love that splenda has a natural sweetener now none of those chemicals, it's pretty good but I prefer natural stevia plant to this" in 16 reviews
Mariangeli P.
DORAL, FL
Environmentalist Expert
I love this product! You will not regret purchasing this product! . I can not use Splenda so this is a good alternative. I have not had any digestive problems, but everyone is different. I can not find an aftertaste with Nectresse at all.
Michelle A.
I like splenda, but I didn't like this, it doesn't taste sweet to me at all I tried 3 at a time and nothing. I wouldn't waste my money on this or recommend it.
Trish S.
Cowen , wv
Me myself I don't like this but I'm really weird when it comes to sweeteners so just because I don't like it done mean its not good
SheSoTang17 ..
I’m really glad that I got to try this in my Influenster Naturals VoxBox for September 2012. I have tried artificial sweeteners & then immediately stopped trying them because of the awful after taste they left in my mouth. Nectresse is the first sweetener that has no after taste to me & I actually like the way it tastes. I tasted it by itself just pouring it in my hand & eating it. It is granular just like white sugar without the calories & fat. It’s not syrupy sweet so if you’re someone who likes super sweet, this won’t be your cup of tea; at least not 1-2 packs per drink. You may have to use 4-5 packs if you like super sweet. I don’t like super sweet & until Nectresse came along, I was drinking unsweetened tea. I don’t drink coffee or sodas. I do drink the sugar free powdered drink mixes like Crystal Light but even those have a bit of an after taste but I disguise it with fresh sliced fruit. Nectresse is now my sweetener of choice as I don’t do white sugar. It tastes great to me & makes my drinks/tea just the right sweetness. I used my 2 sample packs in a 16oz cup of hot brewed tea & it was just the right amount of sweetness. Again, it’s not super sweet so regular sugar or sweetener users will probably want to use more packs but it worked for me. I like it & I have already purchased a box with the $1 off coupon on the pack.
Jennifer W.
Brentwood , TN
I think the title says it all. I'm so glad I tried this at home and not at work! I did some online research and learned that this sugar alcohol isn't supposed to cause diarrhea. So three days later, I tried it again. Guess what? Explosive diarrhea!

Aside from that, though, the makers of Nectresse play a little bait and switch game with you. They're all, "LOOK! It's sweet because of MONKFRUIT! Monkfruit is just REALLY sweet and we don't know why it doesn't have calories, okay?" But if you actually read the ingredient list, the first ingredient is a sugar alcohol called erythritol.

What's a sugar alcohol, you ask? They are hydrogenated carbohydrates which keep the body from recognizing them as carbohydrates. Umm... that's weird. Also, they cause digestive problems. Like explosive diarrhea.

If you're really that worried about getting fat, I say just drink your coffee black!
Jennifer W.
Fort Worth, TX
I was disappointed to see Nectresse in my box. I don't use artificial sweeteners and I try to steer clear of products that contain them. I went ahead and tried it since I agreed to try everything in my box. The sweetener is zero calories and it's made from 100% natural ingredients: Erythritol, Sugar, Monk Fruit Extract and Molasses (though not necessarily non-GMO).

Instead of adding sugar to a glass of fresh limeade I added Nectresse. The one packet I added tasted like I had added about twice as much sugar as I normally would. If I were to continue using this it's something I would need to take into consideration.

Straight out of the package it tastes almost just like regular sugar which is something to consider if you're eating it raw say like on strawberries. While it's not bad tasting (almost as if there is a hint of honey) I prefer the taste of regular sugar.

I do however, think it's very good for what it is which is why I gave it an "A"
Jaime F.
Middleburg, FL
I absolutely LOVE the Nectresse Sweetener that I received complementary from Influenster in my Naturals VoxBox 2012 box. I loved it so much that as you can see I went right out and bought a box (accidentally leaving the coupon home, which is okay as I'll be using this sweetener both in my coffee and tea and all my baking so the coupon will be used).
I love that it is sweetener made from the Monk Fruit a genuinely sweet fruit. It's all natural and even though it's made by Splenda it has it's own unique sweet flavor that I just absolutely love.
I was always a Truvia Gal and NEVER in a million years did I think that ANYTHING could surpass the sweet flavor and baking that Truvia did. Well I must admit when I'm wrong. NECTRESSE DEFINITELY FAR surpassed Truvia in terms of flavor, aftertaste AND sweetness. It's also much easier to measure out then Truvia. Hands Down Nectresse is thee Best Sweetener around. If you haven't tried it you really should!
Ashley P.
Portage, PA
I received Nectresse compliments of my Influenster Sugar 'n Spice VoxBox.

Nectresse is a great
product. I don't use much sugar in my everyday life to be honest, certainly not in my tea or coffee, so it left me wondering what to try this product in. However, I quickly realized it was perfect for my cereal, baking, and the cinnamon hot chocolate I found in the Nectresse recipe booklet included in my VoxBox! I used a full packet on my cereal and found it to be really sweet. I think I will use a little less than a full packet next time. That said, I used two packets in the cinnamon hot chocolate and found it just sweet enough!

Nectresse wasn't what I expected. It wasn't sweet in the way of sugar or even the aftertaste leaving sweet of other sweeteners. It was almost fruity, and I really enjoyed that!
April K.
Jamestown, NC
The box says, "Tastes like sugar, but has zero calories per serving and 100 percent all natural!" Sound too good to be true? Well....it is. It does NOT taste like sugar. It left an icky after-taste in my mouth. I tried it alone, in coffee, and on strawberries and while the aftertaste was much more muted in coffee and on food, I still tasted it-it was just delayed.

Nectresse tastes much better than Splenda, though, and I think it would make a good alternative to sugar for those who are looking for a zero calorie sweetener made from natural substances-and also for diabetics (it is approved for diabetics). It just will not be going in my cup of tea. I'll stick to real sugar. It may have calories, but it tastes much better.

Nutritional Info: Serving Size: 1 packet (2.4g), Calories: 0, Fat: 0g, Carbs: 2g, Protein: 0g

Cost: $6.99 for a 5.9 oz container or $3.99 for box of 40 packets.
Bobbi K.
Tempe, AZ
Since I don't really care for the taste of sugar substitutes, I wasn't expecting much trying out Nectresse. I think I've tried most brands on the market from Truvia to Sweet N Low and haven't found one I particularly like.
I usually drink my coffee black and have found it's the best way to evaluate sweeteners since the taste is so noticeable over using it in food where the flavor is masked a bit.

When I opened the packet and tasted a bit, I was impressed by the natural taste of the sweetener. I didn't notice any aftertaste, which was a big plus. I poured the rest into my coffee and was pleasantly surprised.

Nectresse has a mild sweet flavor and tastes more natural than any other sweetener I've yet tried. It's a bit fruity tasting, but I found that preferable to chemical taste. Nectresse will be replacing it's maker Splenda as my sweetener of choice.
Vanessa G.
Bakersfield, CA
I don't like the after taste of sugar substitutes does this sweetener have a after taste?
Christine T.
Staten Island, NY
Do you think this product is better than the original splenda? pros and cons?
Kelli B.
Narragansett, RI
Does it taste good?
Carolanne B.
Cambridge
Does it work the same as sugar when you bake with it? like same amounts or less or more???
Christine T.
Staten Island, NY
Do you think this product is better than the original splenda? pros and cons?