Maybelline Fit Me® Matte + Poreless FoundationInfluenster Beauty Awards Winner 2017

BY MAYBELLINE #10 in Liquid Foundation

Want the perfect foundation fit? It's all about matching skin tone and texture. Mattifying liquid formula ideal for normal to oily skin.

• Aqua / Water / Eau

May Contain:

• CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide
  • CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides

Sierra S.
Review for: 112 Natural Ivory more...
I have a love-hate relationship with this foundation. I like the shade variety, coverage, and matteness but hate the way it looks on my skin.

Shade variety: The shade variety of this product is AMAZING. I always seem to a be shade in between the palest and the next one up, and I always have to mix my foundations or buy expensive luxury beauty foundation that has more variety. I was able to find my shade in this foundation, which is almost a miracle.

Coverage and consistency: The coverage of this foundation is medium to light. It does an okay job of covering up my acne and redness without making my skin look completely flat. I also think it does help minimize pores and most definitely is matte. However, because this is a liquid foundation (and a rather thin one) , I feel like my beauty blender sucks up a lot of the product and I use more than I actually need to.

How it looks on my skin: I have combination skin, with my most oily areas being my T-zone. This foundation makes that area look GREAT, however it emphasizes dryness on other areas of my face, like my cheeks and around my noses and makes my face look rough and patchy. I do understand that this is an issue with most matte foundations, so I don't necessarily hold it against this foundation, it's just something to be aware of! I can fix this issue by using a hydrating primer, so not a completely bad thing.

Overall: Good coverage and I love the shade range. Recommend if you have oily skin, however if you have combination skin with dry areas, might want to avoid or use a hydrating primer.
Heva M.
Brockton, MA
Review for: Coconut more...
I've heard so much talk about this foundation and how beauty gurus include this in their "top 10 drugstore foundation" list so I decided to try it out

I have oily/combination skin. if you have an oily T-zone like I do, or oily skin for that matter theres a slight chance that you will break out from this product. I have clear skin, no acne or pimples thanks to the skin care routine that I've been keeping up with. The first time I wore this foundation was to a wedding. when I went home I did my regular night time skin care routine, but when I woke up the next morning there were a few pimples smack in the middle of my forehead (t-zone) there was a lot of dancing and some sweating so I thought that maybe it was because of that. I gave my skin a break from it for some time. a few weeks later I tried to wear the foundation to church, and when I came back home I noticed I had broken out, not only on my forehead but my upper cheekbones too.
To say the least, I probably won't buy this product again.

Pros: Inexpensive, good shade range, easy to blend.

Cons: breaks me out and doesn't stay matte for long.

shylea m.
Review for: Pure Beige more...
 beauty lovers can finally get their swatched-up hands on Maybelline's latest foundation, the FITme Matte + Poreless. Rejoice! And if you're anything like me, this product has been on your radar for a while now (and now it can be on our faces too - score!).I really love the rectangular glass bottle - it feels and looks super luxurious on my dressing table, and is a great size for keeping in an everyday or travel makeup bag. My only qualm is that it doesn't come with a dispenser pump!
The original FITme foundation is like this too, so I'm surprised they didn't upgrade the design when making the Matte + Poreless range. Maybe it's just me, but I find it so hard to pour out the exact amount I need onto the back of my hand and always end up wasting some!I bought the shade Pure Beige, which is my color in Maybelline's Dream Wonder range. Strangely, when I compared the two products on the back of my hand in the store, they did look slightly different. But luckily for me, the Matte + Poreless' version of Pure Beige actually suits me better!
It's a fairly thick foundation, but it blends so beautifully. I've been wearing it every day for the past week and I haven't used a primer to smooth out my skin before applying this foundation at all. Less time applying products and more time for my morning Instagram scroll? #winningOkay, so it ticks the 'poreless' box. However, I'm not so sure about it being a true matte foundation. My skin still looks slightly dewy after applying and that dewiness just increases throughout the day (even with a setting powder on top). The level of coverage definitely stays consistent, but I do need to enlist the help of blotting papers or powder to get rid of any shine after only four or so hours. Plus, it does tend to crease slightly under the eyes and in your smile lines. So if you have oily skin, I'm not sure I would recommend this to you, because it's not quite as matte as it says it is. However, for someone with combination skin like me, it's actually really lovely! The coverage is fantastic, it's long wearing, and the finish is so fresh
Cherry 🍒.
Bronx, NY
Review for: Warm Honey more...
I use Warm Honey (322). I like my foundations to be a shade darker than my actual skin color because my setting powder and concealer evens out my complexion once it is all put on. So this review is based on 2 months of wear. Since it has been 2 months so far, I feel like my review will be fair. I switch between drug store and high end foundations and wanted to give this foundation a try due to the hype it is given as well as it catering to give a matte and poreless finish, which is what I look for in my foundations. I am extremely oily with large pores.

Shade range-Good enough for a drug store brand. I usually do not have issues finding foundations catering to my skin tone (yellow,medium, tan, olive skin). Since I cant swatch appropriately with drug store makeup, I went with my usual choices of warm honey,tan beige types.

Coverage-This foundation is liquid based, which I find for me not the best for oily skin. It is VERY similar to Revlon colorstay foundation. Same consistency. The coverage is buildable to full coverage. You do not need much also which is why it lasts for a long time. 2 months and still not close to being done and I wear makeup almost everyday.

Price-I bought this at Target for $8, very inexpensive, so it is worth the buy.

End Review: When I run out of this foundation, I would most likely purchase this again. For me though, this will not be a holy grail product. I do think it is a really good drugstore foundation that can give off high end benefits. For its matte and pore-less statements, if you wear this foundation with primer, setting powder, setting spray, concealer, powder, it will give a matte and pore-less look, but without it is a no. I still become oily and with pores in the end. This is a drugstore dupe for Estee Lauder Doublewear!!!
Linda H.
Sidney, OH
Here is my story.
 I have oily skin but as I have gotten older it has become more combination with my t-zone being oilier than the rest of my face. I also have acne but after using a product prescribed for cystic acne I am less prone to acne. I have more of neutral/ yellow undertones, I thought that this foundation when swatched seemed to match as it oxidized about four shades darker.

Name you, I never jumped on the YouTube bandwagon and bought this when it first released or at least was beginning to pick up notoriety from beauty bloggers. I am glad I got it on sale.

Yes on my skin this foundation is not only very pink undertoned for me but it really did oxidize way too much compared to all of my other foundations. It also oxidized to more of an orange shade. It looked so ridiculous on my skin that I had to take it off.

I wish there was a way to find a better match for myself but I cannot chance to buy another one and still not being able to use it. For clarification, most of my close friends do not use up makeup like I do, so giving it to a friend is possible but highly unlikely.
On a better note, it does really blur your pores.
Rhonda R.
Hastings, MN
Review for: Classic Ivory more...
I tried the Maybelline Fit Me Matte and Poreless Foundation in the shade 120 Classic Ivory. I went through a whole bottle of this foundation, and although I liked it, I have not repurchased it again so far.
As a little background, I have oily skin with acne, blackheads/whiteheads, large pores, acne scarring, and a few sun spots/freckles. I usually get very oily by the end of the day, so I am always on the hunt for a foundation that keeps my oil at bay and minimizes my pores while also having great coverage but still looking natural.
I have a fair/light complexion and a neutral skin tone. I often find many foundations to look too orange on me, but I also think cool toned foundations look too pink/grey on me, so I try to find more neutral shades. The shade Cassic Ivory seemed to blend pretty well into the skin tone on my neck. I applied this product with both a beauty blender sponge and a brush, and I prefer the finish produced with the sponge.
I did not find that this foundation minimized my pores to a large extent, but it did give a nice natural finish with medium to buildable coverage. I would often wear this foundation to work and it did not look so unnatural and cake-facey. However, I would notice that by the end of the day I would still look oily even if I set the foundation with powder and setting spray, and it would start looking cakey on my nose, around my nose, and on my chin by the end of the day.
All in all, this was a pretty good foundation, but I don't think it does wonders for oily skin like it suggests. I think this would better suit individuals with normal to combination skin very well.

Danielle S.
Tucson, AZ
Review for: Classic Ivory more...
I was really excited about this product, because I saw a couple of my favorite youtubers raving about it.  I was pretty disappointed, unfortunately.  I have combination skin, but the oily areas (t-zone mostly) get very very oily.  I found that this foundation broke up throughout the day, even when I used blotting sheets every 3-4 hours.  Also, it made my skin look a bit dry, as in you could see the lines on my forehead where the foundation sunk in.  The coverage is definitely medium, which normally I don't mind, but I'm not a fan of medium coverage with a matte foundation.  This is because of my pores and redness combined with dry patches in some areas.  I didn't find it to be as buildable as most people said, when layered I felt it just didn't look as nice.  I moisturized and used the Benefit Porefessional primer before using this, and it did hide my pores pretty well but as the day wore on my pores began showing through more.  Just for reference, I did use setting powder and setting spray (at the time I used Nyx HD setting powder and Urban Decay All Nighter setting spray).  All in all, it's a decent foundation for the price, but it's not the first thing I'd reach for if I need something that will last all day and give me the coverage I need if I'm not having a great skin day.
Grace K.
Las Vegas, NV
Review for: Natural Tan, Soft Tan more...
The five-stars I am giving this product should not make you think this is up there with high-end products. I'm comparing  cost + amount + volume + longevity + overall performance compared to its competition within its price range and retail channel. It's silly to compare a $7.00 foundation to $100 foundations.

BUT -- I have both, and I still choose Maybelline Fit Me Matte + Poreless once in awhile! I tend to be someone who doesn't wear the same foundation daily. It depends on multiple factors -- like where I'm going, how long I'll be out, how hot/cold it is outside, how much sun will I be getting, how my skin is doing, and whether I need to cover disgusting eruptions on my face, or if it's smooth as a baby's butt. I imagine this is how you choose your foundation too -- but if not, well. this is how I do it.

First, this foundation dries FAST. This is really not the right foundation to dab all over your face and then go back and blend in. No, if you put it on your face, immediately blend it in or it ain't blending, so do a portion at a time.

Second, oily-skin ladies -- well, this is for you. As I have dry skin now, I need to do a lot of prep work to be able to wear this well, but for those of you who have oily skin and need to constantly powder your face -- this should be your holy grail if you can find your shade. I fluctuate between soft and natural tan on this, most often just mixing them up 1:1.

Lastly, dry skin ladies -- I use about 3-4 moisturizers before I apply this one. I like it, so I continue to use it on occasion, but when I do, I am doing the entire toner + serums + moisturizers + more moisturizers routine, and then also sitting around for 30 minutes to let it absorb before putting this one. It's not the application that's the problem -- in fact, it looks beautiful when applied. It's that 30 minutes later, I feel like I'm getting a facelift without anesthesia as my skin begins to tighten and then dry like a prune. If I wear this amount of moisturizer, I can make it a good 3-5 hours, but this is not the foundation I choose when I'll be at work all day long, or if I have a long night out for this reason.

The coverage is actually quite nice. It's a medium coverage, in my mind, and buildable up to two layers at best. It's not going to cover up everything, but it will even out your skin tone. The one ding is that it doesn't really "fill" your pores as some foundations will do to some degree, and on some occasions, especially if I am using it without a primer, I feel my pores look more emphasized than minimized. I'm not sure what causes that, so I won't ding the foundation specifically for it.

Oh, and for shades -- while I have only tried 2-3 shades of this, be forewarned that the colors seem to default to an undertone of yellow and/or orange (the darker you go). For instance, "Soft Tan" is probably too yellow for any of you who have really pink undertones unless that is what you're looking for. At "Natural Tan," a slight orange hue begins to show, but because the foundation is so matte, it doesn't look bad.

But for the price, for the quantity, for the quality, and for doing what it claims, I can't help but give this 5-stars. I think it's a great offering  to the budget-conscious line, and in many ways, performs like a high end foundation. It doesn't "last" as long as many others, but for most average occasions -- the Fit Me is pretty outstanding -- especially if you have oily skin!
Amanda H.
Boonsboro, MD
Review for: 112 Natural Ivory more...
Maybeline Fit Me Matte + Poreless foundation (#112 Natural Ivory) is a medium coverage foundation that becomes one with your skin! It applies easily & blends seamlessly into the skin using your preferred make up tool, such as; a beauty blender, a brush, or even your finger tips! It has more of a natural look and finish to it & the color range & variety is extensive; there is a color for everyone! The formula is amazing, leaving the skin looking flawless, smooth, & matte, without looking heavy or cakey! Although it is a medium coverage foundation, it is extremely buildable, meaning one can easily layer on the product and build it up to create a more full coverage look! The matte finish of this foundation makes it a great choice for normal to oily skin types as it will keep your face shine free & oil free throughout the day! Needless to say, it is very long wearing!
I would absolutely recommend this foundation, especially to those who have normal to oily skin types! What do you have to lose? Give Maybeline’s Fit Me Matte + Poreless Foundation a try & show the world your BEST SKIN!
Ellen D.
Chesterfield, VA
Wow. I have to say, I'm very impressed with Maybelline and this foundation! I haven't had much luck with Maybelline foundations in the past; mainly due to not being able to find a good match for my skin tone and issues with oxidization and longevity. I'm very fair with neutral undertones and I always found their foundations to be too dark or lean too pink/yellow/orange. So, I was skeptical about how long Matte and Poreless would actually last on my oily/combo skin and whether I would find a shade that "fit me." I read a lot of reviews before purchasing and took a chance on trying the shade 110 Porcelain, even though 110 in the original fit me was way too dark and yellow. To my surprise, the Matte and Poreless shade 110 is very light and neutral (with maybe a slight warm undertone), and it fits me perfectly! I'm thrilled about the shade alone because it's so incredibly hard to find a foundation that matches so well with my pale skin. I used the Real Techniques complexion sponge to apply and it really did blend very smoothly and easily. It didn't take long to mattify, but there was plenty of time to work with it. The finish was just amazing! It's definitely matte, but it looks so natural and healthy. Like my skin but better. It's not full coverage, however, it's definitely a good medium coverage. You can build it up on the areas that you need to. And it's incredibly light on the skin. I can't even feel that there's product on my face when I'm wearing it. I can also say that it actually lives up to the "poreless" claim. I didn't think that it would but it makes my pores look invisible - and that is *without* using a primer. I don't notice any oxidization happening when I wear it and, after around 8 hours it still looks pretty darn good. That said, I do get oil breakthrough after 4 hours on my nose. But I've come to expect this from any foundation, regardless of how long-lasting or mattifying it claims to be. The good news is that this foundation is a trooper and doesn't slide or wipe right off at the first sign of oil. After blotting a couple of times during the day, even without any touch ups, it still manages to stay in place and look flawless. At least, that has been my experience. I'm honestly shocked it's this good but of course very, very pleased. Another plus is that it's inexpensive and doesn't irritate my skin. Thank you, Maybelline!
carla t.
Tallahassee, FL
Does this work for oily skin
Jessica M.
Kissimmee, FL
Was it hard to match your color?
Elizabeth R.
Is the matte foundation really matte?
Jossna M.
Lynwood, CA
I've been wanting to try this out but am i getting my money's worth? I feel like I would run out of that foundation in less then a month.
Jessica H.
Aberdeen, Mannofield
Does this product have a smell?