Maybelline Fit Me® Matte + Poreless FoundationInfluenster Beauty Awards Winner 2017

BY MAYBELLINE #8 in Liquid Foundation

Want the perfect foundation fit? It's all about matching skin tone and texture. Mattifying liquid formula ideal for normal to oily skin.

• Aqua / Water / Eau

• CI 77891 / Titanium Dioxide
  • CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 / Iron Oxides

Rhonda R.
Hastings, MN
Review for: Classic Ivory more...
I tried the Maybelline Fit Me Matte and Poreless Foundation in the shade 120 Classic Ivory. I went through a whole bottle of this foundation, and although I liked it, I have not repurchased it again so far.
As a little background, I have oily skin with acne, blackheads/whiteheads, large pores, acne scarring, and a few sun spots/freckles. I usually get very oily by the end of the day, so I am always on the hunt for a foundation that keeps my oil at bay and minimizes my pores while also having great coverage but still looking natural.
I have a fair/light complexion and a neutral skin tone. I often find many foundations to look too orange on me, but I also think cool toned foundations look too pink/grey on me, so I try to find more neutral shades. The shade Cassic Ivory seemed to blend pretty well into the skin tone on my neck. I applied this product with both a beauty blender sponge and a brush, and I prefer the finish produced with the sponge.
I did not find that this foundation minimized my pores to a large extent, but it did give a nice natural finish with medium to buildable coverage. I would often wear this foundation to work and it did not look so unnatural and cake-facey. However, I would notice that by the end of the day I would still look oily even if I set the foundation with powder and setting spray, and it would start looking cakey on my nose, around my nose, and on my chin by the end of the day.
All in all, this was a pretty good foundation, but I don't think it does wonders for oily skin like it suggests. I think this would better suit individuals with normal to combination skin very well.

Sierra S.
Manhattan
Review for: 112 Natural Ivory more...
I have a love-hate relationship with this foundation. I like the shade variety, coverage, and matteness but hate the way it looks on my skin.

Shade variety: The shade variety of this product is AMAZING. I always seem to a be shade in between the palest and the next one up, and I always have to mix my foundations or buy expensive luxury beauty foundation that has more variety. I was able to find my shade in this foundation, which is almost a miracle.

Coverage and consistency: The coverage of this foundation is medium to light. It does an okay job of covering up my acne and redness without making my skin look completely flat. I also think it does help minimize pores and most definitely is matte. However, because this is a liquid foundation (and a rather thin one) , I feel like my beauty blender sucks up a lot of the product and I use more than I actually need to.

How it looks on my skin: I have combination skin, with my most oily areas being my T-zone. This foundation makes that area look GREAT, however it emphasizes dryness on other areas of my face, like my cheeks and around my noses and makes my face look rough and patchy. I do understand that this is an issue with most matte foundations, so I don't necessarily hold it against this foundation, it's just something to be aware of! I can fix this issue by using a hydrating primer, so not a completely bad thing.

Overall: Good coverage and I love the shade range. Recommend if you have oily skin, however if you have combination skin with dry areas, might want to avoid or use a hydrating primer.
Heva M.
Brockton, MA
Review for: Coconut more...
I've heard so much talk about this foundation and how beauty gurus include this in their "top 10 drugstore foundation" list so I decided to try it out

I have oily/combination skin. if you have an oily T-zone like I do, or oily skin for that matter theres a slight chance that you will break out from this product. I have clear skin, no acne or pimples thanks to the skin care routine that I've been keeping up with. The first time I wore this foundation was to a wedding. when I went home I did my regular night time skin care routine, but when I woke up the next morning there were a few pimples smack in the middle of my forehead (t-zone) there was a lot of dancing and some sweating so I thought that maybe it was because of that. I gave my skin a break from it for some time. a few weeks later I tried to wear the foundation to church, and when I came back home I noticed I had broken out, not only on my forehead but my upper cheekbones too.

To say the least, I probably won't buy this product again.

Pros: Inexpensive, good shade range, easy to blend.

Cons: breaks me out and doesn't stay matte for long.

Ellen D.
Chesterfield, VA
Wow. I have to say, I'm very impressed with Maybelline and this foundation! I haven't had much luck with Maybelline foundations in the past; mainly due to not being able to find a good match for my skin tone and issues with oxidization and longevity. I'm very fair with neutral undertones and I always found their foundations to be too dark or lean too pink/yellow/orange. So, I was skeptical about how long Matte and Poreless would actually last on my oily/combo skin and whether I would find a shade that "fit me." I read a lot of reviews before purchasing and took a chance on trying the shade 110 Porcelain, even though 110 in the original fit me was way too dark and yellow. To my surprise, the Matte and Poreless shade 110 is very light and neutral (with maybe a slight warm undertone), and it fits me perfectly! I'm thrilled about the shade alone because it's so incredibly hard to find a foundation that matches so well with my pale skin. I used the Real Techniques complexion sponge to apply and it really did blend very smoothly and easily. It didn't take long to mattify, but there was plenty of time to work with it. The finish was just amazing! It's definitely matte, but it looks so natural and healthy. Like my skin but better. It's not full coverage, however, it's definitely a good medium coverage. You can build it up on the areas that you need to. And it's incredibly light on the skin. I can't even feel that there's product on my face when I'm wearing it. I can also say that it actually lives up to the "poreless" claim. I didn't think that it would but it makes my pores look invisible - and that is *without* using a primer. I don't notice any oxidization happening when I wear it and, after around 8 hours it still looks pretty darn good. That said, I do get oil breakthrough after 4 hours on my nose. But I've come to expect this from any foundation, regardless of how long-lasting or mattifying it claims to be. The good news is that this foundation is a trooper and doesn't slide or wipe right off at the first sign of oil. After blotting a couple of times during the day, even without any touch ups, it still manages to stay in place and look flawless. At least, that has been my experience. I'm honestly shocked it's this good but of course very, very pleased. Another plus is that it's inexpensive and doesn't irritate my skin. Thank you, Maybelline!
Grace K.
Las Vegas, NV
Review for: Natural Tan, Soft Tan more...
The five-stars I am giving this product should not make you think this is up there with high-end products. I'm comparing  cost + amount + volume + longevity + overall performance compared to its competition within its price range and retail channel. It's silly to compare a $7.00 foundation to $100 foundations.

BUT -- I have both, and I still choose Maybelline Fit Me Matte + Poreless once in awhile! I tend to be someone who doesn't wear the same foundation daily. It depends on multiple factors -- like where I'm going, how long I'll be out, how hot/cold it is outside, how much sun will I be getting, how my skin is doing, and whether I need to cover disgusting eruptions on my face, or if it's smooth as a baby's butt. I imagine this is how you choose your foundation too -- but if not, well. this is how I do it.

First, this foundation dries FAST. This is really not the right foundation to dab all over your face and then go back and blend in. No, if you put it on your face, immediately blend it in or it ain't blending, so do a portion at a time.

Second, oily-skin ladies -- well, this is for you. As I have dry skin now, I need to do a lot of prep work to be able to wear this well, but for those of you who have oily skin and need to constantly powder your face -- this should be your holy grail if you can find your shade. I fluctuate between soft and natural tan on this, most often just mixing them up 1:1.

Lastly, dry skin ladies -- I use about 3-4 moisturizers before I apply this one. I like it, so I continue to use it on occasion, but when I do, I am doing the entire toner + serums + moisturizers + more moisturizers routine, and then also sitting around for 30 minutes to let it absorb before putting this one. It's not the application that's the problem -- in fact, it looks beautiful when applied. It's that 30 minutes later, I feel like I'm getting a facelift without anesthesia as my skin begins to tighten and then dry like a prune. If I wear this amount of moisturizer, I can make it a good 3-5 hours, but this is not the foundation I choose when I'll be at work all day long, or if I have a long night out for this reason.

The coverage is actually quite nice. It's a medium coverage, in my mind, and buildable up to two layers at best. It's not going to cover up everything, but it will even out your skin tone. The one ding is that it doesn't really "fill" your pores as some foundations will do to some degree, and on some occasions, especially if I am using it without a primer, I feel my pores look more emphasized than minimized. I'm not sure what causes that, so I won't ding the foundation specifically for it.

Oh, and for shades -- while I have only tried 2-3 shades of this, be forewarned that the colors seem to default to an undertone of yellow and/or orange (the darker you go). For instance, "Soft Tan" is probably too yellow for any of you who have really pink undertones unless that is what you're looking for. At "Natural Tan," a slight orange hue begins to show, but because the foundation is so matte, it doesn't look bad.

But for the price, for the quantity, for the quality, and for doing what it claims, I can't help but give this 5-stars. I think it's a great offering  to the budget-conscious line, and in many ways, performs like a high end foundation. It doesn't "last" as long as many others, but for most average occasions -- the Fit Me is pretty outstanding -- especially if you have oily skin!
Amber M.
Bellefonte, PA
Review for: Buff Beige more...
I bought this foundation because everyone was raving about it on YouTube and was so disappointed. It may be a good foundation for a lot of people, but it really did not work for me. I have combination skin and found that this became dry and patchy on certain areas of my face and caked up around my nose. It made me look like I was wearing an excessive, unnatural amount of makeup.

It was slightly better applied with a damp beauty sponge than a foundation brush. The sponge applied like medium coverage, but I got pretty full coverage from brush application. Both were applied over a Maybelline primer.

It also oxidized a TON so the Buff Beige I bought, which is normally in the range of colors that work for me, ended up about 2 shades too dark after I applied it. If you are going to try this foundation, buy it lighter than you normally do!

This is NOT a good foundation for people with really dry skin.

It gets amazing reviews, so I think for most skin types, and at such an affordable price, it's worth a try, but it wasn't a good fit for me at all. I gave it to a friend and she also found that it darkened significantly after it was applied, but she did like the formula.
Cherry 🍒.
Bronx, NY
Review for: Warm Honey more...
I use Warm Honey (322). I like my foundations to be a shade darker than my actual skin color because my setting powder and concealer evens out my complexion once it is all put on. So this review is based on 2 months of wear. Since it has been 2 months so far, I feel like my review will be fair. I switch between drug store and high end foundations and wanted to give this foundation a try due to the hype it is given as well as it catering to give a matte and poreless finish, which is what I look for in my foundations. I am extremely oily with large pores.

Shade range-Good enough for a drug store brand. I usually do not have issues finding foundations catering to my skin tone (yellow,medium, tan, olive skin). Since I cant swatch appropriately with drug store makeup, I went with my usual choices of warm honey,tan beige types.

Coverage-This foundation is liquid based, which I find for me not the best for oily skin. It is VERY similar to Revlon colorstay foundation. Same consistency. The coverage is buildable to full coverage. You do not need much also which is why it lasts for a long time. 2 months and still not close to being done and I wear makeup almost everyday.

Price-I bought this at Target for $8, very inexpensive, so it is worth the buy.

End Review: When I run out of this foundation, I would most likely purchase this again. For me though, this will not be a holy grail product. I do think it is a really good drugstore foundation that can give off high end benefits. For its matte and pore-less statements, if you wear this foundation with primer, setting powder, setting spray, concealer, powder, it will give a matte and pore-less look, but without it is a no. I still become oily and with pores in the end. This is a drugstore dupe for Estee Lauder Doublewear!!!
Jessica G.
Sacramento
Review for: Classic Ivory more...
Sometimes the most random set of circumstances results in a great find! I always struggle to find a foundation that truly matches my skin tone and it's caused me to turn to some pretty pricey products in the past. Amazon Prime now brought me his gem and I don't know if I'll ever look back!

Shade Match: The amount of different shades available was a great start. I have a hard time finding the perfect shade for my skin tone but the color swatches online helped a lot. I also have freckles so I wanted foundation that helped cover my pores but had build-able coverage that wouldn't block out my freckles. This product absolutely fits that bill. Depending on the method of application, I can achieve the translucent "no make-up makeup" look or a flawless full coverage Instagram model look.

Poreless: It absolutely helped minimize the look of my pores  and didn't sink into them throughout the day. I'm not sure how they did it but my 3PM make-up check has never gone more smoothly! After setting with translucent powder, I was good all day (about 11 hours from door to door). It applied smoothly and didn't get flaky or slide around (combination skin, UGH) during the day.

Matte: I have combination skin so I tend to get shiny and need to blot and reapply powder a couple of times throughout the day. I thought this foundation toned down the shine even after several hours but never looked too matte or flat.

Pros:
-actually matched my skin tone
-applied easily and allows for build-able coverage
-kept the shine at bay for longer than most other products I've tried
-helped minimize the look of my pores

Cons:
-The product consistency is a bit thin, so I felt like the product was sinking in to my beauty blender or brush fairly quickly which means I go through it faster than anticipated.
-it's hard to tell how close you are to running out without actually looking inside the bottle because the product coats the inside of the glass. Obviously not a deal-breaker but something to bear in mind.

Holly L.
Portland, TN
Review for: Classic Ivory, 112 Natural Ivory more...
Unbelievably beautiful foundation for a insanely great price. It’s by far one of my holy grail foundations. Don’t let the matte name fool you. It’s just a very natural finish. I have very dry skin and was very skeptical to try this- but it works fabulous on even truly dry skin types. It’s not like most matte foundation that suck the life out of your face and look dry and tired by the end of the day. It’s very natural- the coverage is medium and buildable. The color range is fantastic and is really inclusive which I always like to see. You can get this on sale regularly and it will blow your mind on the quality and formula. I throughly enjoy this foundation and buy it pretty regularly. Maybelline Fit Me® Matte + Poreless Foundation
Cassidy C.
Roseville
Review for: Porcelain more...
I've tried to love this product so many times, i'll purchase and give up, and then come back to it in a few months and get disappointed all over again; it feels like everyone but me loves this foundation.

I have EXTREMELY fair skin, i'm talking ghostly pale with pink/red undertones, so it is very hard for me to find a foundation (let alone a drugstore foundation) that matches perfectly to my skin. I was so excited to try the Fit range because of the abundance of shades, but it just wasn't my lucky day overall. At first, the lightest shade 110 is an okay match- something i can use in a pinch or something i can mix with (which is normal for me), but after a couple uses i'll start noticing it oxidizing orange on my skin, and the application is streaky. I've tried everything to keep it from oxidizing, and i've used tons of different application products to keep it from streaking. Fit Me is just not the Fit for me, and it makes me so sad! Pale girls beware!
carla t.
Tallahassee, FL
Does this work for oily skin
Jessica M.
Kissimmee, FL
Was it hard to match your color?
Elizabeth R.
Is the matte foundation really matte?
Jossna M.
Lynwood, CA
I've been wanting to try this out but am i getting my money's worth? I feel like I would run out of that foundation in less then a month.
Jessica H.
Aberdeen, Mannofield
Does this product have a smell?