BY LUSTER

When you don’t have time for a full whitening regiment, quickly give your mouth the optical illusion of whiter teeth with Luster NOW! Instant Whitening Toothpaste. After just one brushing, the proprietary Bluverite® formula gives the appearance of a whiter, brighter smile, with results that last for hours. Designed by dentists, NOW! Toothpaste is gentle on teeth, safe for dental restorations and won’t cause tooth sensitivity. With daily use it will even help remove surface stains. And, as the only oral care product awarded Allure Magazine’s Beauty Breakthrough Award, you know that top beauty editors have given it a major seal of approval. see more...

• Who got their luster white brand badge?1 Answers
  • Has anyone with sensitive teeth tried this toothpaste? If so, did...4 Answers
  • How much does it cost and how long does it take to whiten your te...1 Answers
Zoe H.
Big Rapids, MI
My teeth aren't super white, but they aren't horrid. I tried this after just not being happy with my own teeth, but too scared to try bleaching, and not able to afford it either. It's been about a week, and I can maybe see a subtle difference, but nothing anyone else would be able to detect. I guess I was expecting a bit more of a change, so I'm kind of disappointed. But, I'm going to keep at it, and see if it gets any better.
Teaghan C.
Pittsburgh, PA
I really love this whitening product. i have tried other whitening products that haven't seemed to work. this finally whitened my teeth and I have been complimented many times for my whiter teeth. 10/10 recommend!!
Julie B.
Statesboro, GA
I have very sensitive teeth and this bothered my teeth too much. I can't really tell if it was worth the results for the pain but if you don't have sensitive teeth, this could be good for you to try!!
Leah L.
Calumet, MI
I truly loove this toothpaste. I was skeptical paying quite a bit more than your average toothpaste. But I'm very glad I did. It definitely cleans your teeth, and whitens them fast!
Tishe L.
LOVE THIS! I had yellowish teeth and have been using this for 2 weeks and can already see a huge difference!
Whitney J.
Columbia, SC
I used this toothpaste everyday for about two months. My teeth were not as white as they were with other whitening toothpastes like crest, colgate and sensodyne. Neither was my breath as fresh (I missed that real minty flavor you get with other toothpastes) nor did I get a good "lather" (for lack of better words) when brushing. I just think you can spend your money on any other brand and get much better results.
Kayla R.
Abingdon, VA
I was so excited to try this product, I have a few stains on my teeth and would love to have "movie star" teeth so whitening is the way to go for me. If your anything like me then you want to have white teeth but also have some what of a budget that you have to go by and can't really afford outrageous priced products to achieve your goal. I had tried a Luster product before when I purchased the Luster Pro Whitening System and was so impressed with the results I told everyone I knew and even bought a refill to try later and a few extra kits to give as Christmas presents. Since I bough the teeth whitening kit I decided not to buy the toothpaste but when I received my Something Blue VoxBox from Influenster I was so grateful that I was able to do so. I brushed my teeth with it the night I received the product and could notice a slight difference but nothing major. I went to bed and woke up and when I went to brush my teeth that morning I could have swore that my teeth did seem to be whiter than they were before bed. I brushed my teeth and noticed that it was a little more white than before, so my first thoughts were "YAY!!" I tested it for about two weeks maybe a little longer using it every day and was looking for the obvious warning signs such as teeth sensitivity but I could find nothing wrong with it. There was no big dramatic change in the shade of my teeth overnight, but It was making my teeth whiter gradually and I could notice a difference as well as my boyfriend and even his family! I was very impressed with this product but have now decided to only use it twice a week and on the other days use my regular toothpaste, just because I figured even though I am not physically feeling any discomfort I should give my teeth a break, plus I want to keep the whitening at a steady pace! I would recommend this to anyone who is looking for whitening without the pain and discomfort of a whitening system.
Madison A.
Cincinnati, OH
To be totally honest, this is NOT a product I would have picked up if I was searching for in home whitening, even while pregnant. I’m pretty skeptical of products that tell me they will do something instantly. It can take months or years to discolor your teeth so I find it hard to believe that one, rinse-off product can instantly un-do it. After a little bit of further reading, I found that Luster NOW! in fact does not un-do the actual staining, but rather uses “Bluverite technology” to create an optical effect of whiter teeth. Basically, the blue hue of the toothpaste leaves a temporary stain on the teeth to make them appear whiter.

With that being said, I was willing to give the Luster NOW! toothpaste a go without prematurely condemning it. The packaging is a typical squeeze tube, and it’s not super thick or thin like some cheaper toothpastes. The product itself is a very bright, pure blue with a light minty flavor. It foams up pretty well and does leave my teeth feeling very smooth. It doesn’t give me the cleanest feeling in the world, but it’s definitely not bad. As a toothpaste over all, I’d give it a 4/5 stars. As far as it’s “instant” effects, I did notice a little bit of brightening, but nothing to rave about. It definitely didn’t last more than a couple hours. I drink a lot of tea, so I’m sure that didn’t help. I could get similar, if not better effects using one of the blue based Instagram filters. 2 stars for its actual effect.

I might recommend this product in passing if someone needed a subtle change quickly, but I wouldn’t purchase this product myself. Post pregnancy, this will probably get dropped into the back of the drawer when I go back to Crest 3D White. Overall, this product is merely okay and nothing I’m really raving or excited about. I will, however, do a follow up review and see if maybe long term use has better results.
Brittany E.
It says to use this to replace your actual toothpaste, but I just use it when I brush my teeth at night and use my regular toothpaste in the morning. It feels kind of funny when you brush with it, but it didn't whiten your teeth as quickly as it says. Either way, it still worked, but if you're looking for an instant white, I'd use whitening strips.
Sarah S.
Auburn, IN
For those who know me, coffee and tea my go-to addictions; sadly they stain the heck out of my teeth. LusterNOW! really did work instantly at removing my staining. It even worked on my permanent retained (yes I still have one of those), which stains very easily. The toothpaste did a better job over multiple uses, so I’d recommend sticking with it if you don’t immediately get the results you want. I did back it up with my regular toothpaste for breath freshening purposes – the “Happy Mint” scent of the LusterNOW! didn’t have a long lasting effect. The price point is $7.99, which isn’t too bad for a non-regular use toothpaste; it’s certainly cheaper than whitening trays. I’d be curious what my dentist has to say about the active ingredients in this product.
Suzanne B.
Trout, LA
Wellness Guru Expert
How fast does this work? I have a wedding coming up for two friends in a month.
Zoe W.
Does this work? Or are the Colgate treatments better?
Cheryll O.
I've never seen this toothpaste before. Does anyone know what stores I can find it in ?
Tuss S.
Riverside, CA
Any bad chemical harmful for your teeth?
April S.
Manitowoc, Wi
Is there any post sensitivity after u try it?