BY L'ORÉAL PARIS #7 in Facial Cleansers

Deeply yet gently exfoliates for soft, smooth skin. Purifies & unclogs pores. 3 Pure Sugars + Kiwi.

This Pure Sugar Scrub is made of three naturally derived sugars (brown, blonde & white) and enhanced with real Kiwi Seeds. This light, gel-like sugar scrub is truly kind to your skin. Because the scrubbing particles are made of sugars and eventually melt, harsh exfoliation is prevented. Purify and unclog pores for soft, smooth skin. See effective results immediately. With this exfoliating sugar scrub skin feels purified and clean. Dirt, oil and impurities are effectively removed. Dull skin is gently polished away. In 1 week: skin feels baby-soft, smooth and comforted. Pores look tighter, unclogged and less visible. Skin looks less shiny and rebalanced. Skin looks healthier, smoother, and glowing. Can also be used to smooth and refine lips.

Kelsey C.
Lancaster , WI
*Disclaimer: I received this product via Influenster VoxBox for testing purposes* Opinions are all my own regardless of how I came across product. Not sponsored.
First impressions:
Nice, gel-like consistency with a soft grit. Heavy jar type of packaging and you dip into to get the product which made me wonder if it was the most sanitary packaging to go with. There was a light kiwi-lemon scent but not overpowering at all. My skin is dry and it didn’t dry out my skin or make it feel tight at all after use. There was a warming sensation while massaging the mask into my face per instructions. It may have been from my body heat reacting to the sugar but it wasn’t overtly warm enough to cause me to be concerned. Worked very well as an exfoliating mask, moved around my face easily, dry patches were gone after use, and it came of very easily with my hands and water. I didn’t have to use a wash cloth or take any longer than a minute to get the mask off of my face. Does what the box and website promises the mask does. You are supposed to put it on clean and dry skin so I don’t know if it actually does anything in the cleansing department as far as making skin feel clean and pores smaller. Also is just the initial impression.
After a week:
You do not need a lot of this product. Roughly a quarter sized amount takes care of my entire face and neck. My makeup goes on smoother and there are less dry patches on my skin that show up throughout the day while wearing makeup. No irritating ingredients or drying. Works consistently the same as the first time I used it. Still warming sensation but it’s not alarming at all, just not mentioned that I may experience that on any boxes or the website. It’s not rough on my skin or irritates any sensitive parts of my face either. My pores appear smaller (and blackheads) which is interesting and I didn’t notice the first time I used it.

Pros:
Not drying or irritating
Makes skin smoother
Not rough
Smaller pores and less blackheads
No overwhelming smell
Feels nice
Don’t need to use a lot of product
Cons:
Warming sensation while massaging into skin is a little alarming initially
Jar is heavy and dipping into product isn’t the most sanitary
Black kiwi seeds don’t seems to have an actual purpose
Smell may bother some people even though it isn’t strong

All in all it’s a nice exfoliant for drugstore and lives up to its promises. I like it.
Amber B.
Navassa, NC
*Disclaimer: I received this
product via Influenster VoxBox for testing purposes* Opinions are all my own
regardless of how I came across product. Not sponsored.

First impressions:

Straight away the packaging is beautiful
and feels very high end. The glass container is very heavy duty, and the seal
to open the jar is tight. I am a little concerned that this is a “dip in” style
jar, that did not come with a spatula or brush.

The scent is ok, but it is a bit
fake-fruit smelling, and the black kiwi seeds in the mix do not seem to serve
any purpose other than visual. It would’ve been nice if those were bursting
with something, like a moisturizer or additional component.

I was alarmed at first, as I was
rubbing the sugar scrub into my skin, my skin started to turn red and the scrub
heated pretty quickly. It wasn’t enough to burn, but it was definitely warm. My
dry patches in my skin were instantly gone after the first use. It is the
morning after, and the rough patches haven’t come back yet. It was a lovely
exfoliating mask, with the sugar not being very large or physically harming to
my very sensitive skin.

I used a skin cleaning wipe before,
and made sure my skin was dry. I showered to get the mask off, and the steam in
the shower made the gel VERY gelatinous and ultra moisturizing.
I also tried it as a lip scrub, as the instructions said that you can do, and DO NOT do this. It is too oily, and there is not enough scrub to really justify this purpose. Also, the taste is just absolutely terrible if you accidentally get any in your mouth. And you will need to wash your lips off afterward.

PRO:

Great packaging, feels high end

Nice consistency to the gel

Not drying or overly irritating

Not very rough on the skin

After 1 use, pores looked smaller
with noticeably less black heads

Small amount of product needed

Appealing visually

CON:

Warming sensation is a little
alarming at first, since it isn’t mentioned. Mild irritant on very sensitive
skin.

No spatula or brush included –
makes the product less sanitary

Strange smell, not overly
pleasant, but not bothersome.

DO NOT USE ON YOUR LIPS. The taste
is absolutely horrible and still carries the warming sensation.
Dana H.
Fort Stewart, GA
*Disclaimer: I received this product via Influenster VoxBox for testing purposes. All opinions expressed in this review are 100% authentic, truthful, and my own*
This was my first time having encountered a product like this, I was a bit nervous to try it out as my skin always reacts the opposite of how I want it to since it's a bit sensitive. I received the green "purify and unclog" mask.
First off, I LOVED the packaging. The weight of the jar itself and the box it came in made it feel like a really authentic product - it was very appealing to look at as well.
When I opened it, I found the smell to be okay, not bad.
The reason I'm rating the product 3 out of 5 stars is because when I first applied the mask to clean, dry face (as per the instructions say) I noticed a slight burning/hot/tingly feeling. I read all over the jar and the box to see if maybe that was just an effect because of the type of mask it is - I never saw anything that stated so. I figured it might have just been my skin's reaction to a new product so I took it with a grain of salt and continued on about my regimen. I immediately noticed a softer appearance to my face and my pores had already shrunken. Needless, to say, I decided I would continue to use it. The next night I used the mask again (after a heavy day of make-up, I needed it) and the burning sensation was still there but a bit more intensified. Where I had applied the mask below my nose/above my lip felt like fire, especially when I breathed out my nose and the air would blow against the mask. I was able to notice an immediate difference again after using the mask, however, with the burning sensation I had to listen to my skin and discontinue use. I highly recommend it to anybody who doesn't have an adverse reaction of course because I definitely wish I could keep using mine.
Emi W.
San Diego, CA
*Disclaimer: I received this
product via Influenster VoxBox for testing purposes*

This scrub has a nice gel-like consistency, with a good amount of sugar "grit." The packaging is beautiful, and I felt like it could have easily been a very high end product if the label was removed. I have been using this product for about a week now, and am generally very pleased.

The first night that I used this product, I realized that a little goes a very long way. I did not need to use half the amount that I scooped out, and since then, about a dime's worth is more than enough to cover my face. I LOVE the scent, and even though I'm not sure how useful the kiwi seeds are, thought that was a nice touch. My skin felt instantly softer, and I went to bed feeling quite refreshed.

Since using this product multiple times, I have noticed that my pores appear to look smaller. I did have a bit of a breakout in one area on my cheek two days after using this product, although I am unsure of whether it was due to the product or a result of a stressful finals week in my regular life (lol). That is my only complaint, and I will continue to use this product since I feel that it definitely does more good than anything!

L'Oréal Pure Sugar Scrub Purify & UnclogL'Oréal Pure Sugar Scrub Purify & Unclog
Bella D.
Washington, DC
Disclaimer: I received this product in exchange for a review/testing purposes. All opinions are my own.

I was hesitant about this product due to the smell - which is great but certainly chemically enhanced. I have extremely sensitive skin and have recently gone through a rough patch (my chin) and was nervous to introduce a new product to my skin. Despite my hesitations, I decided to try it on a test area. I used my chin, because I would be able to see a difference because of how many problem spots there were. I was surprised when after a week of normal use (every-other day application with Clarisonic) that my chin has cleared up! I've begun using this product all over my face. It does an amazing job of removing dead skin, balancing your skin tone, and removing oils/dirt from your pores. I still am not the biggest fan of the smell (chemical kiwi - as I call it) but the product itself is extremely surprising. Other than the smell, the only other con I could think of is the size of the jar/how much you need to use. In order to get full coverage with the product, you have to use about 2-3 fingers worth of product. I can't imagine this product lasting more then 2-3 weeks.
Georgie H.
*Disclaimer: I received this product via Influenster VoxBox for testing purposes. Regardless, Opinions are all my own.* I enjoyed the Kiwi Sugar scrub, but it, unfortunately, made my skin break out. I loved the consistency and smell. It felt great on my skin and really made my skin feel clean and refreshed. I'm not sure if the break out is something only I experienced or if anyone else had this issue.  Overall, I genuinely think that this product is a good one, just not for my sensitive skin. I think for a less sensitive skin type this will be a perfect product, particularly throughout the winter when we all suffer from a build-up of dead/dry skin.
The packaging was great quality and made a drugstore face scrub feel luxury. Being that it is in a pot, there is obviously a concern with keeping the product in the pot clean. For this reason, I used a Q-tip to get the product out of the pot.

Conclusion: the product and presentation is great. It does the job it says it is going to do. However, I don't recommend it for sensitive skin.
Jennifer S.
L'Oréal Pure Sugar Scrub Purify & Unclog

I received this scrub free for testing and review purposes. First, the scent is super sweet, I like it but I think it’s important to keep it away from kids, this could be misconstrued as candy. It felt warming on my skin which I enjoyed, but the kiwi seeds were an annoyance and would get in my mouth as I used it as a lip scrub (it’s a face and lip scrub which is uncommon).

So they can definitely leave out the kiwi seeds, almost as if they’re put there to add a more natural vibe. I don’t really have clogged pores because of my extensive skin care routine, but it did make my face smooth and glowy. To be honest, it’s comparable to other sugar scrubs made for the face that I’ve used.

I am a fan of a range of masks and scrubs that run a bit more affordable and have the same if not better results. Would I buy it again? Maybe, I’m a skin care fanatic. I’d be more likely to try a different scrub or mask in the L’Oreal line. Nonetheless I did enjoy the warming sensation and I’m thankful for the free product.
Karina P.
STATE COLLEGE, PA
*This product was received via Influenster  VoxBox, I was not paid for this review*

So this first thing I have to mention is the amazing smell of the product. Most facial scrubs, especially sugar scrubs, I have found have an artificial sweet smell that is wayyy to much. But this product, the L'Oreal Kiwi Sugar Scrub smelled amazing!!! It has a gel like texture with little seeds in it. At first I was unsure of the seeds but after trying it I must say it adds to the effect.
I tried it on a dry face with dry fingers, first I applied a light coat over my face and found that it I allow it to sit for a minute or two warmed and became almost cream like in texture. The sugar is so fine that I almost couldn't feel i as I massaged it into my skin with wet finger tips.
After a couple of minutes massaging it in small circles all over my face I rinsed with warm water and followed up with a ice cold rinse to close my pores.

I must say I LOVE this product. I had tried sugar scrubs before and they either left my skin irritated or I didn't feel anything at all. But with this wow, the effect was instantaneous. My face was smoother and soft, I immediately went down stairs to show my fiance.
It left my face feeling smooth, but not dry, clean but not tight. I did not follow it up with any other products to make sure that the feel wouldn't go away and leave me greasy face as others have. But hours later and still smooth, soft and great to feel. I will be continuing at the recommended 3 times a week and will see how it goes, but for first impressions it was GREAT!!
Brittany H.
The L'Oreal Purify & Unclog Face Scrub is definitely one of the most unique facial scrubs I've tried from the drugstore. When you get out a scoop, it looks like a bowl of kiwis! It feels so supple and a little gooey, but I love fun textures in my facial masks or scrubs. Upon application, the scrub feels sticky and I let it dry for 5 minutes. After, I hopped in the shower and scrubbed with wet hands. The sugar granular aren't too coarse, but they definitely help unclog the pores of any dirt and give you that fresh clean feeling! After my first use, my skin felt soft and hydrated. I have oily/combo skin and throughout the day, I only noticed soft skin and there was no extra greasiness in sight! It helped brighten my skin and in general I felt more awake. A few tips for a this scrub would be: let it dry for a few minutes if you want a deep/more coarse scrub, a LITTLE goes a looong way, and don't forget to put the white protecting seal on it so your scrub stays fresh!
Thank you to L'Oreal for sending me this complimentary scrub to test out and give my completely honest review!
Pearl L.
Alhambra , CA

First impressions:
I like the gel-like consistency, but like another review mentioned, felt that it would be more sanitary if dispensed through something other than a jar. It smelled light and refreshing, which is good because I don't like products that are super fragrant. My skin is usually oily and this helped clear the oils-- it didn't dry out my skin. I definitely felt like my face was cleaner, but not quite sure if it's just a placebo effect of knowing I'm using a scrub... haha.

After a week:
I use just about a quarter size once per week (Mondays for me!). Exfoliating your skin too many times a week may actually damage it, so this project is god to last for quite a while. I noticed that my makeup does go on smoother, so the cleansing is working!
Ashley H.
Crystal Lake, IL
[product:l'oréal-pure-sugar-scrub-purify-&-unclog] I know the black dots are kiwi seeds, but what is their purpose? The sugar is the exfoliater, so what do the seeds do?
Grace E.
london
Is this actually good ? I want to get it, I have combination skin with many black beads and whiteheads , would it help me honestly ?!
Caitlin B.
Wetumpka, AL
I want to try this so bad. Is it as great as everyone says??
Havyn H.
L'Oréal Pure Sugar Scrub Purify & Unclog HHow does everyone like this? I like it better than my luxe Dr. Brandt micro dermabrasion! So excited to have the opportunity to test it out!
Mallory C.
Kingsville, OH
I’ve always heard you aren’t supposed to use sugar in scrubs because it can cut up your face. What’s your experience with this product?