BY LANCÔME #15 in Mascara

What it is:
Lancôme Mr Big Mascara is a BIG volume mascara that delivers instant heart-stopping volume with up to 24 hour wear that lasts all night, and even the morning after, for your biggest, blackest, boldest lashes yet.

What it does:
You’ll know Mr Big Mascara is the one at first stroke. The BIG brush and ultra-creamy formula glides like silk onto lashes to deliver up to 12x more volume* with up to 24 hour wear. No touch-ups, flaking and smudging. Perfect for your BIG evening out AND even the morning after.

*than bare lashes alone

• Does this mascara flake? Where it leaves dry black flecks on your...6 Answers
  • does it clump up6 Answers
Cristie F.
I got a deluxe sample size from Ulta for my birthday. Thank goodness I didn't spend any money on it.

I hated almost everything about this mascara. Quick info: I'm Asian and my eyelashes grow straight and downward. It takes a lot to hold a curl. I think I've done everything I could possibly do to try to make this mascara work but it's been six months and it's time to show Monsieur out the door.

Formula: Maybe because it's a sample, but so much product gets clumped on the brush when I take it out of the tube. I have to wipe off an excessive amount just to thin the product out on the brush. Even then the product clumps heavily on my lashes. Not cute. After a while, it flakes LIKE CRAZY. I've washed out huge flakes from my contacts. It's also so heavy that my lashes droop immediately after I apply it. This thing can NOT hold a curl to save its life. I've heated my curler which generally works and use both a small fan brush and a disposable wand hoping it was just the wand. Nope. It just sucks. I've also tried to recurl after generally applying it on my lashes but the formula tries to make my lashes feathery soft and it ends up just bending and nothing happens.

Wand: The least offending culprit is the wand. I just don't like big, thick wands. This is a big and thick wand. If I use it vertically I can put a generous amount on my lower lashes. It's too clumsy for the upper lashes for some reason.

If I was masochistic enough I would try again with a waterproof formula if it was available. Overall, very disappointing because I expected more from a high end brand.
Elizabeth C.
Louisville, KY
This is a decent mascara. It's not mind blowing and I wouldn't buy it unless my favs weren't available. but going in line of the best mascaras of high end mascaras, and I've tried every one in store at my local sephora and a lot that are online and then some this is probably in the top 5.
If you don't think there's a huge difference in mascaras it's because you're not using them right. You need to somehow figure out how to coat the entire lash, front and back and then the very tops and front and back of the tips and get them from root to tip. If you can do that then you can see the extent of the performance each mascara you have can do.
I do this by brushing from root to tip twice then brushing downwards on the back of the lash twice then back up again in the front then just on the back and front of the tips. I do this with a couple coats each of one mascara and then a different mascara. Same thing. If I do my bottom lashes I push upwards from the bottom tips of the lashes to curl and just darken the bottom halves so they dont look spidery and I only do the outer halves.
This was a pretty decent mascara and had I not had my holy grail, ride or die mascaras that nothing has been able to do better than in giving me a falsies look than I would absolutely love this. Ciaté London Wonderwand Intensely Volumising Mascara and my all time fav Burberry Beauty Bold Lash Mascara.
So I'm constantly comparing against those two.
So I loved the bottle and design and style of the outer bottle. The patent black and foil, metallic deep, hot pink is very se×y and pretty and feminine. I love it.
Pulling the brush out the wand is of average length and has an average size cap to hold onto so it's easy enough to maneuver based on that alone.
The actual brush is pretty soft and fluffy. It is so soft that it would be impossible to use on already drying or dried lashes but it works decent enough with bare, soft lashes.
It separates and coats the lashes pretty well.
The brush isn't so big that it makes a mess of my eyes now that I'm well practiced in my technique.
It does volumize and lengthen a bit but mostly just adds thickness which would be great for someone with sparse but longer lashes naturally.
It goes on naturally for the first coat or so but gives more of a thick and seductive bedroom eyed look the more coats you put on.
The formula holds onto the lashes immediately from the brush but doesn't easily clump up. It's not too thin either so it's the perfect formula in the way of consistency.
It lasts all day long and doesn't smudge. It's a fantastic mascara in a lot of ways and I totally recommend.
Anielyn M.
Lancôme Big Monsieur mascara does exactly what it claims to do. The volume is noticeable even with one layer. I️t does not give as much length as much as other mascaras, but the volume is definitely there. I curl my lashes before applying mascara and even with multiple layers, my lashes have always stayed curled throughout the day.

My only complaint is that the mascara does get thick and clumpy as time goes on and it becomes harder to apply. I️ recommend buying a new bottle at this point, but the mascara lasts a long time before this happens.

Besides that, I️ love Big Monsieur. I have somewhat hooded eyelids and my eyelashes are always noticeable in pictures because of this product. I highly recommend this mascara if volume is what you’re looking for!
Kelly S.
Louisville
I love this mascara! It makes my lashes curled and so long and thick they look fake! It does get a little bit clumpy if you use too much but I find when you put the brush at the base of the lash and wiggle up it eliminates some clumps. I use the Lancome Cils Booster first and it really helps make my lashes dramatic. The price point is really good for a high end mascara also. I might have one or two flakes at the end of the day under my eye.
Katie W.
Salt Lake City
I'm really picky when it comes to mascaras as my eyelashes are super finicky. This is my current favorite mascara. My eyelashes are very straight and it's so hard for them to hold a curl or look long and voluminous but this mascara works great! Whether I'm in a hurry and can only use a curler for a few seconds and apply 1-2 coats, or have more time to do a full lash look, Monsieur Big gets the job done. It stays all day, though it can flake a little (sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't), and comes off easily enough with a good makeup remover.
Tiffany T.
Minford, OH
I first tried this mascara when I received it as a free birthday gift at Ulta. Since then, I have purchased it and use it regularly. I love the formula, not to wet, not to dry. It doesn't smear or create a mess when applying to the top or bottom lashes. The applicator is perfect for combing thru lashes and separating them, instead of clumping them together. It applies to each lash, creating a voluminous, lengthened look. It washes off easily but stays on all day without flaking, clumping, or smearing. I use this mascara when I wear false lashes as well, because it really works great for blending my natural lash in with the false lash. It gets 5 stars in my book because I can't come up with one con for this mascara.
Sara B.
Richland, WA
I have officially found my new holy grail mascara after years and years of trial and error! The new Lancôme monsieur Big Mascara is beyond the number one mascara on the market! It not only adds length and volume but it also does not clump or flake! Which is huge in any mascara! Usually you get one or the other and deal with flakes of mascara on your cheek! But not with the Monsieur Big! I am not over exaggerating! I can not say this enough! This mascara is hands down the best I have ever tried in my 38 years of life!
Krystin M.
Petal, MS
I switched to this mascara about a month ago from using Too Faced's Better than Sex mascara and I'm not going back. It doesn't flake, the wand is nice and fat for full application, and it offers a great balance of length and volume. Only reason I'm giving it 4 stars is because it doesn't come in waterproof.
Jenna B.
deltona, FL
I am really picking about buying mascara since it's one of the only things I wear on a daily basis. I got this product as a free sample from Macy's. It can be kind of clumpy when putting it on. It does stay on for a majority of the day without looking crazy and since it's a waterproof mascara it comes off with eye makeup remover but without that you'll pull your eyelashes off. I'd most likely only buy if my mascara wasn't in stock.
Emily J.
This mascara is the best! To begin, it is super easy to apply with the wand. I almost never have a mess on my face! Secondly, the way it makes your lashes look is amazing. It looks like you are wearing fake lashes. However, the lashes aren't clumped together at all. Additionally, I have found that this product only flakes a little bit if you touch your lashes. Other than that, there is nothing, at all, wrong with this product. Even the price point is amazing:)
Charlie T.
Oklahoma City, OK
How well does this mascara come off?
anastasia d.
Is this the best mascara by this brand?
breanne b.
mauriceville
does it clump up
Rachel s.
I love thick and long lashes and have yet to find my perfect mascara that does it all for me. Is this one worth a try?
Sara B.
Richland, WA
Does this mascara flake? Where it leaves dry black flecks on your cheeks and below your lashes? Thank you for your reply!