Kat Von D Tattoo LinerInfluenster Beauty Awards Winner 2017

BY KAT VON D #5 in Eyeliner

Nothin’, we mean nothin’, makes whipping out a killer Kat Eye easier than Tattoo Liner. This brush-tip liquid liner is the magic wand of makeup. Kat uses it every single day, and we really aren’t sure how we would get along without it ; )

Why, you ask? The highly pigmented, 24-hour-wear formula is waterproof and transfer-resistant. That means those lines aren’t goin’ anywhere…Insane days and sleepless nights can’t touch our Kat Eyes!

The precision brush tip is the key to super-fine lines. No less than 325 flexible bristles come together in a tight, crisp point, ready to unleash invincible lines. The supple, saturated brush glides across lids in silky, smooth strokes, making Tattoo Liner the ultimate tool for both makeup newbies and beauty pros alike.

We often marvel at how amazing it is that a teeny-tiny tip can contain so much possibility—wings, fine lines, detailwork...we could go on all day! Choose from raven-black Trooper or rich, chocolate Mad Max Brown for all your Kat Eye needs!

We <3 seeing all our KVD Beauties killin it in Tattoo Liner! Share your wild & wonderful creations with #kvdlook!

• Is this liner worth buying? i have heard good things, but i want ...263 Answers
  • Would you recommend this to someone who isn't the best at putting...151 Answers
  • Does this eyeliner stay on all day? And does it smudge?124 Answers
Buy on Sephora
Theresa M.
Review for: Trooper Black more...
I don't know the exact number of years I have used the  Kat Von D Tattoo Liner in trooper but it has been at least over 4! I have worn this eyeliner almost every single day in that time. It is the eyeliner that helped me to perfect my wing, which took a lot of practice but once I got it down I never looked to another eyeliner again.
I have tried others there is nothing that compares to the precision and pigment that this product delivers.
This eyeliner doesn't dry out it's almost like it gets better with time! I purchase one every 5 months or  sometimes only once a year... because sometimes I luck up and get a deluxe sample in one of my sub boxes or online order!
I included a picture to show off  how I wear trooper: this is the look that I always get asked about from strangers to my clients/co-workers. They ask the same thing every time: "How do you get your eye liner to look like that?" It is part loads of practice and part the genius-ness of this product formula and design!
That wing does not smudge or budge throughout an entire work day - it looks exactly the way I applied it in the morning. I have to use eye makeup remover to actually remove it completely!

-On a completely nerdy note if you are familiar with Kat Von D then you know how much of a talented tattoo artist she is, this product was made to mimic the precision like tip of a tattoo needle. That tip is not like any other eyeliner tip it's made of 300 microbristles! As if those two things weren't amazing enough it's not tested on animals. I feel good about every penny that I pay for this product it is one of my all time favorite makeup must haves and I feel like everyone who gets discouraged with eyeliner/winged eyeliner needs to try this product!!

Nicole A.
Mc Kees Rocks, PA
Best of the best. If you are into winged liner/cat eyes then you should of already copped up on this beauty! I can almost just promise that you won't be let down! Holy grail for many people... And counting. I was sold on this when a worker at spehora did a winged eyeliner look on me and I had to have it. Ive been using for many years now but sadly I'm still not as good as that bomb azzzz worker in sephora lol working on it and I swear out of everything in this world it's just one thing I will never seem to perfect! I still go there with my Kvd every 5 or 6 months to have her do it for me if I'm going out or have something special to attend... She's dope and wish she came with the liner! Oh and they can't take cash tips so if someone ever was super helpful to you in sephora plz get their name or names and locate the on the back of your receipt how to make a comment to sephora so they can know what bomb a** employees they have! (only met like 2 not so great employees there and they were just prob on the rag or something so idk who knows but anyways praise the good ones who make going into the store like a mini vacation every time! )
Forreal the only bad thing I can say it that sometimes it can dry out pretty fast, which sucks becuase it's expensive! (single mother here)
Lori P.
Burr Ridge, IL
Review for: Trooper Black more...
I love this eyeliner. I have hooded eyes and it takes a lot of work for eye makeup to stay on my lids. I've found that these pen style liquid liners are the only ones that I can use that will last all day (pencils, gels, and even liquid liners with wands never last very long on my eyes). The formula of this is unbeatable. It is a true black with a slight sheen. The brush tip is great for doing both thin and thick lines and making precise wings. The other eyeliner that I really like is the Stila waterproof eyeliner. However, the problem w/the Stila is that because it has a felt tip, it frays very easily so by the end of its use, it's hard to get a precise wing without having pieces of fuzz messing things up). The Stila felt tip is much more firm, which I prefer to the more flexible brush tip of the Kat Von D, because you have better control of where the eyeliner goes, but I still love this product and will continue to repurchase (until I can find the Clio Kill Black liner from Korea more readily where I live, which is basically the same product, but seems blacker to me).
Danielle T.
Review for: Trooper Black more...
This liner is amazing. The only reason I have given it four stars is the price. I personally feel like $20 is up there for an eyeliner, especially one in a pen style since they tend to dry out quickly. However, if you don't mind paying that much, it is worth the money. If you are looking for a cheaper alternative, the Nyx Epic Ink Liner is the only way to go.

What I love about this liner is the brush. It is an actual brush as opposed to a felt tip, and it glides along the eye smoothly and delicately. It is perfect for creating a cat eye, and it dries quite quickly! I never have issues with it fading. It does flake off a miniscule amount, but I only have that issue if I skip priming my eyes.

The liner is definitely worth the price tag in my opinion, I know the internet seems to hype up certain high-end products that end up dissapointing consumers at the end if the day, but this is not one of them. I am not super into high-end products, but this is one of the exceptions. Just try it :)
Jasmine G.
McMinnville , OR
Review for: Mad Max Brown, Trooper Black more...
I love this eyeliner! I use it every time I do my makeup. I always have Trooper Black or Mad Max Brown on hand depending on what look I am going for. This eyeliner really last all day! Even when I wash my face I have to make sure I use an eye makeup remover to help take it off its that good! It doesn't irritate my eyes and it goes on smooth. I always get the perfect wing look with this. I would recommend this eyeliner to anyone and everyone! You have to try it. I love Kat Von D and her products are some of the best! I am never disappointed. I mean it is a little pricey $20 for an eyeliner but trust me it is worth EVERY PENNY! I make sure I'm always stocked up with them. Can't live without it!
Caitlin M.
Review for: Trooper Black more...
I was a loyal user of this eyeliner for years before taking a break from eye makeup for a while. (Absolutely no rhyme or reason behind this—just one of those things!)

So when I vowed to only use cult classics for a month, I knew this had to make a return. I was instantly reminded why I love this liner. It's so smooth, easy to apply (that tip is gold!), and creates crisp, clean lines.

I can get tight to my lashes and create a perfect cat eye (well as perfect as this non-expert is able to make!) so easily. And Trooper is a true black that I simply love.

Lastly, the staying power is key. It really doesn't budge until you're ready to take it off. To me, that is the sign of a true classic.
Ana W.
Hamilton
Review for: Trooper Black more...
I've struggled my whole life to find an eyeliner that no only looked good on my eyes, but also wouldn't smudge at the tiniest movement. I have extremely hooded eyes, so much so that ones I do my makeup and look straight you can barely notice that I actually out anything on my eyelids. I almost gave up on makeup altogether until a Sephora representative advised me to try this wonderfully magnificent product. Instantly I was in love. It dried quickly and didn't smudge, I could barely get it off with a makeup wipe and that thrilled me. What didn't thrill me so much about the product though was the fact that it dried up relatively fast, even with the cap tightly closed and put away. No matter though, it didn't take away from the extremely great quality of Kat Von D Tattoo Liner. If I could give it 10 stars I would. I 100% would recommend this to anyone and everyone.
Jaine R.
windsor, CT
Review for: Trooper Black, Other more...
I love makeup but my favorite part about makeup aside from lipstick is eyeliner. Ever since I tried the Kat Von D tattoo liner I have had no other eyeliner in my makeup vanity. This line is not only high-quality it has a very fine tip that allows you to do a lot more than just a wing liner you can get in there and make some really cool and intricate details if you're a little bit more risque on how you like your eyeliner. It also comes in a variety of colors. It dries to almost a semi matte but stays very well so if you forget you have eye makeup on and you rub your eyes nine times out of 10 you would not have ruined your eyeliner. It's worth every penny I love this liner and it lasts a decent amount of time and with as much as I use mine I find that the tip does not really go go because of the way that the brush in the tip is designed.
Jamie M.
Gainesville
Review for: Trooper Black more...
When I first got this product I loved it because it didn't bleed and went on dark. However, it didn't take long before tip of the applicator frayed out and dried out. I could still use it but I found it hard to apply and I had to build up the color. It also just didn't last. All this being said, I think that the felt pens are just not for me regardless of the brand. I decided to switch to using a brush and gel pot. Wouldn't purchase again. Also, the liner seemed to wear off quickly. It didn't at first, but about a month or so in I think between the damaged tip and drying out some, the product just wasn't as good anymore. I do take excellent care of my makeup products and never leave them out or forget to put the cap back on, this is the only item I own that I threw out because of damage prior to finishing up all of the product.
Lyndie W.
Los Angeles
My friend has been recommending this to me for years, and the only thing stopping me was the price. I finally decided to go for it when it went on sale on the Sephora website, and boy am I glad I decided to try it!! This is hands down, the best eyeliner I have EVER used. I love that the brush applicator is a fine brush (not like the sponge tips like Maybelline and most other brands of liquid eyeliner use). Since the brush is so fine and flexible, it keeps it shape well and is easy to control when drawing lines. On top of that, the ink lasts ALL DAY. I forgot to remove my makeup one night and fell asleep with it on, I woke up the next morning with it STILL on my eyes, looking still almost freshly applied. This is my new favorite go to for liquid eyeliners, and I would highly recommend anybody else who loves winged eyeliner to give it a shot because you won't be disappointed!
Stephanie G.
Banner Elk, NC
Is this liner worth buying? i have heard good things, but i want to know personal experiences with this liner :)
Jackie R.
Calgary
Is this available at Sephora?
Savannah S.
Rochester, MN
Would you recommend this to someone who isn't the best at putting on eyeliner?
Carmen V.
Does this eyeliner stay on all day? And does it smudge?
Kylee G.
Is this worth the $20 or is there a drugstore dupe? What is the pigmentation and staying power of this liner?