BY JANE IREDALE #73 in Makeup Sets

The Pure & Simple Makeup Kit is the easiest way to try janeiredale – THE SKINCARE MAKEUP™! Create a beautiful look with just the right shades for your skin depth and tone.

·         Anti-oxidant rich PurePressed Base Mineral Foundation is oil free and weightless. It is an all-in-one foundation, concealer, broad spectrum (UVA/UVB) sun protection with skincare benefits.

·         A little swirl of PurePressed Blush across cheeks will highlight with a soft wash of natural looking color.

·         Enhance the color and shape of eyes with long-lasting, crease-resistant PurePressed Eye Shadow. Used wet or dry, it’s totally gentle and safe for sensitive eyes.

·         Go rosy with Just Kissed Lip and Cheek Stain. Rich in natural botanicals, the formula is loaded with Olive and Avocado oils plus Rose Flower Wax & Beeswax so you can kiss dull, dry lips goodbye.

Watch tutorials for each of the following shades:

Buy on Neiman ...
Jordan R.
Andover
Review for: Medium-Light more...
Perfect match. I won't use anything else, very natural. I am Italian with olive skin however in the winter months am the palest I have ever been. The medium light shade is perfect and gives off a subtle glow. I'm a fan of all Jane Iredale's products. I purchased at dermstore which you can get a percentage off of you subscribe (which costs nothing) and have it delivered every two months.
Julia M.
Review for: Light more...
I think the kit was nice and had a variety of stuff but the colors were a little impractical for me and the sizes were so small you don’t get much to work with. Brush that came with the kit was cheap, not very useable. Pigment was okay in the powder, overall I liked the eyeshadows the most.
Maria P.
Jane Iredale mineral makeup is a new found favorite of mine! I thought that this makeup would make my face itch and not give me enough coverage on my hyperpigmented skin woahh was I wrong, after using this for about more than a week I have come to love it. The kit comes with 2 PurePressed mineral foundations with spf 20, 2 eyeshadows, blush, and lip/cheek stain that retails for $33. I tried the small brush that came in the kit, but felt like I had to continue sweeping the brush over the foundation to get the coverage I wanted as well I saw a lot of product fall out, so I decided to use my real techniques sponge. I dipped the flat side of the sponge over the foundation "golden glow" and realized it gave me better and faster coverage than the small brush in the kit. My skin looked just like my own skin, but only better it covered up my hyperpigmentation and my redness around my nose. I feel like it gives sheer to full coverage, and a matte finish, but after 5 hours I do see my skin look a tad bit radiant nothing to oily more like a semi-matte which I was impressed about. As well I was hanging outside in this Texas heat, and after sweating I did dry my face with a napkin, and saw that my foundation was still on, so I was totally sold on the foundations. They are definitely water resistant and natural looking. I used the small brush in the kit to apply the blush, and loved how it lasted on my cheeks for about 5 hours plus it didn't look powdery just very natural, and didn't make me break out like most blushes do. The eyeshadows are pigmented I used my fingers to apply it on and was happy to see how easily it went on in one swipe. The lip/cheek stain smelled nice, hydrated my lips, and gave a not sticky pinky gloss finish that complemented my natural lip color. It will last on the lips, unless you eat or drink. For $33 I think this is a really good deal. It is a great way to try out their mineral makeup. The only dislikes about the kit is the eyeshadows weren't long lasting on my lids maybe I should have tried a eyeshadow primer, and the kit doesn't have a mirror which would have been neat. The foundation is suppose to be a foundation and concealer, but felt like it didn't cover my dark circles well, so another concealer will be needed. Unless you are lucky and dont deal with dark under eye circles then you won't have a probelm with that. On a better note this kit will save your life at times it isn't super huge, so it is easy to carry around with if you're in a hurry to be able to do your makeup in the car. Oh and last but not least this makeup is good for skin that is why they call it the skincare makeup I received this Jane Iredale Pure & Simple Makeup Kit from Influenster for testing purposes, but all opinions are my own.
Merrissa D.
Review for: Medium more...
I Used The Face Powders And Never Touched The Eyeshadow. However, The Face Powders Were Great - Stayed On All Day. I Like Minerals And This Worked Perfectly With My Daily Makeup Routine. However, I’m A Bit More In Love With What I Currently Use.
Rachel F.
Cowlesville, NY
I received these products complimentary from Influenster for testing purposes and I figured I would share my thoughts with you on this. Before I received this wonderfully packaged make up kit from Influenster, I have never heard of this brand before. Jane Iredale wanted to create mineral make up that is good and safe to use that will actually benefit peoples skin. Another thing that jumped out at me was that she supports people living with breast cancer and supports animals (that's a huge plus for me). But I was so excited when this package came in the mail, it was wrapped in purple tissue paper with a few sprigs of lavender attached to it with a sticker, then the makeup kit was covered in bubble wrap.

This Jane Iredale Pure & Simple Makeup Kit claims that this box is all that you need to create a simple, easy look. The packaging on the box is cute and simple, it shows what you are going to get before you even open the box. The box is fastened with a magnet which I love, because what's worse that a makeup box that won't close? When I opened the box up I was a little disappointed that there was no mirror, because if your on the go and don't have a mirror accessible, how are you going to use this? This box comes with two foundations that have SPF20 in them (HUGE PLUS), one blush, two eye shadows, one lip and cheek stain, a foundation brush and an eye shadow brush. I swatched all of these shades and from left to right I have the two foundations, bisque and warm silk, then the blush called copper wind, then the two shadows, oyster and supernova (SUPER PRETTY) and the lip and cheek stain forever peach which is kind of hard to see. At first glance I thought all of these swatched beautifully. I love that there is a light shadow and a darker shadow to use, but the eye shadow brush it came with is so cheap I couldn't even use it because it doesn't blend anything out. It reminds me of a drugstore shadow brush so that was disappointing. The foundation brush that came with the product is just eh, it took too long to do my whole face and if I'm in a hurry and just want a quick look this is the makeup kit I would grab. But I just applied the foundation with a regular buffing brush from Sephora. I will say I have never tried a mineral foundation before I received this box because I'm more of a full coverage type of girl, mainly because my skin is more on the oily side and I do have blemish scars on my face that these didn't tend to cover up due to the fact that the coverage just wasn't there. The blush was a big no for me, I'm more into pink tones on my cheeks, and this seemed to come off more tan than anything. The eye shadows I will use but will definitely gravitate towards my sigma blending brushes. The darker eye shadow is a little harsh for during the day in the summer, so it's definately the perfect winter shade or a going out night shade to where. The lip and cheek stain smells absolutely scrumptous, but it wasn't there for me. I don't like putting stains on my cheeks and it didn't do anything for my lips.

My final thoughts on this Makeup Kit is I will continue to use it, but not by itself. I will use the powder foundation over my regular foundation to enhance the coverage. The shadows I will use with other pallettes that I have purchased and the brushes I will just set aside because they just didn't work for me. If you have normal skin with zero imperfections and enjoy a quick look on the go, then this is definitely the palette for you. At 33 dollars it doesn't get much more cost effective than that!

But at the end of the day remember, what doesn't work for my skin may work for your skin!
Patty G.
Leander, TX
Today I received my VoxBox. It was like Christmas morning. It was the #JaneIredale #PureandSimple Makeup Kit in MediumLight. The first thing I noticed when I opened my box was the beautiful presentation. I felt like I received a secret invitation to a fabulous party. After I awed over the the packaging I got to the actual kit. The kit was slid into a thick plastic that kept it all together, and it also has all the information about ingredients and such. That was a little tough to get off. Not horribly tough, but tough. Opening the the actual kit it was a little sad that there was no mirror, but it did include a little intro to the kit. The kit includes two foundations with the names Amber and Radiant both are SPF 20, one Blush called Sheer Honey, which could also double as an eyeshadow, last of the powder is two eyeshadows named Oyster and Supernova, which I can tell you right now, supernova will be one of my go-tos starting now. Last of the actual products is a Lip and Cheek stain and they call it forever peach. The smell of this is amazing. The last two things in the kit are a brush that opens up to a full nice brush and it will also fold in half to store when finished and finally the last item in the kit is a sponge eyeshadow duo ended brush. The products works! This is a weekend kit as I like to call it. It was really easy for me to leave my makeup bag at home and just use the kit I didn't feel that I would have to worry about breakage in the kit because it does have a magnet that hold the kit shut, but I also included the plastic cover for my personal preference. While wearing these products I felt as tho I was wearing no makeup. Nothing felt too cakey everything just felt so fresh. When I wore this out all day it didn't separate or feel grimy at all. I got many compliments on my look I used everything in the kit and just added my favorite mascara. I could see myself getting another kit when I run out of this one. I have already shared with my mom and a friend and they have both purchased the kit. If you're looking for a minimal makeup kit I suggest this one #BeautywithBrilliance. p.s They are #CrueltyFree Jane Iredale Pure & Simple Makeup Kit
Dana L.
Review for: Medium more...
I received the Pure & Simple Makeup Kit in Medium complimentary as a VoxBox to test out. I'm a huge fan of any products that are cruelty free & made with good for you products so I was super excited to see this. It arrived wrapped up super cute with a sprig (?) of lavender.

First I tried the foundation. The brush included in the kit really did nothing so I used a MAC foundation brush & applied the lighter shade (warm sienna) first. It's minimal coverage for sure but it doesn't feel powdery or look cakey like other mineral foundations I've tried before. It's actually very buildable so I put the darker shade (golden glow) on top and actually had decent coverage. It's super natural looking too. Big plus about these foundations are that the are SPF 20 & in all about that. Only thing this foundation really lacks is under eye coverage - I wish it provided more.

Next I applied the blush (mocha). I looooooove this blush. The color is perfect for my skin tone, buildable, and pigmented enough to give me a natural healthy flush on my cheeks.

Then I tried out the eye shadows which again LOVE! I first put on oyster, a pearly white shade, kind of as a base and it instantly brightened up my eyes. Then I used supernova, a deep purpley pearly color, on my eye lids and was surprised that while its pigmented it's not overwhelming and is really subtly gorgeous.

Last I used the cheek & lip stain in forever pink. It seriously smells amazing. I wish I could put my finger on what the smell reminds me of. It's so smooth and feels very nourishing on my lips while providing the right amount of sheen. Also the color is natural and just right.

I highly recommend this palette. Especially if you're looking for an all in one natural look. This is also the perfect size for traveling.

#Complimentary #JaneIredale #VoxBox #Contest
Victoria F.
Elkton, VA
This review originally appeared on my blog, The Whimsical Chick. Hello friends! I recieved a package in the mail yesterday from Influenster. If you are unfamiliar with them, they are a company that sends you all sorts of products to try in exchange for your honest review! You don’t have to be a blogger; having a Facebook account, Instagram, or another kind of social media is all you need. Anyways, they asked me if I would be interested in reviewing the Jane Iredale Pure & Simple Makeup Kit, and I definitely was. Before the package arrived, Influenster sent me a video with instructions on how to use the kit.You are supposed to be able to put together a whole makeup look with just this kit. I’ll admit, it seemed a little intimidating. The model in the video seemed to have flawless skin before putting on makeup, and my skin is far from flawless. I have cystic acne, whiteheads, and discoloration on my face… which means I typically go heavy on my makeup.One thing that intrigued me about this kit was that it claimed to be “skincare makeup”. Normally after wearing makeup a few days in a row, I like to give my skin a break. With this, it seems you could wear it every day without worrying about clogged pores or breakouts. And, since I have sensitive skin, this was very good news for me!The kit came in an adorable little package, along with a couple stalks of lavender.The kit contains two powder foundations with SPF 20, one blush, two eyeshadows, and a lip stain. It also comes with an eyeshadow brush and a foundation brush.Here are the brushes that the kit came with. I used both of them while applying my makeup, and I am not a fan. I never use those types of eyeshadow brushes, because it absorbs so much shadow and makes it hard to blend. The powder foundation brush felt very scratchy on my skin, and smelled a little weird. I would definitely recommend using your own brushes.Here is the lip stain that came in the kit. It goes on very sheer; I tried to swatch it, but you can barely see any pigmentation. However, it is quite smooth and feels great on your lips.Let’s play a game of “Spot the Swatch!” I also swatched the foundations, blush, and eyeshadows. They were silky smooth, but not very pigmented.Okay, here’s a big ol’ shot of my face with all the makeup on. And, not going to lie, I look crusty af. It’s a little embarrassing putting up this picture of myself. This is definitely a “no-makeup makeup” look, because it literally just looks like I have on lip gloss. My freckles, zits, and under-eye shadows are out on full display. This makeup might be great for my skin, but I just don’t like how it looks on me. If I had perfect skin, then this kit would accentuate that and make me look like I was blessed by the gods… But I look like I just rolled out of bed and snapped a picture. The only good thing is that the powder did seem to take care of a lot of my redness. I usually have a lot of discoloration around my nose and on my chin. The eyeshadows were not very pigmented at all, but you could tell that by watching the tutorial video. If they don’t seem pigmented on an over-saturated promo video, of course they won’t seem pigmented in real life. I really liked the lip stain. It was extremely sheer, but it feels great on my lips and isn’t sticky.Even though using the kit as a makeup look didn’t work for me, I might try to incorporate some of this into my normal makeup routine. For example, using the powder over a full-coverage foundation instead of on bare skin. And, I will actually do my mascara and brows. I realize I could have done my lashes, brows, contouring, and highlighting in addition to using this kit, and I would have looked a LOT better. However, I really wanted to test their claim of creating a look using just the kit.I hope you guys enjoyed my review! If you have great skin, you will probably love this kit. It’s great for your skin, and perfect for a no-makeup look. If you have a bit of trouble with your skin, this probably isn’t the kit for you.XX
Lauline G.
Review for: Medium-Dark more...
I really wanted to like the Pure and Simple Makeup Kit, but it was a huge miss for me. I'll start with the pro's of this "Tasting Menu" and unfortunately end with the con's.
PROS:
1. Lip and Cheek Stain: I really enjoyed the Lip and Cheek stain, which is something I definitely could see myself buying in the future. I received the shade "Forever Pink" and normally I'm not into pink shades, but this stain really enhanced the pink tones in my lip. It reminded me of Lipstick Queen in that the shade is determinative of your pH balance. My shade turned out not to be a bright or light pink on me, but was a subtle pink shade that I could see myself wearing anywhere, whether it be work or running errands or going to brunch. The claims were totally right--it is nondrying and is somewhat long-lasting.
2. The Pure Pressed Blush: The formula of the blush is beautiful, I must admit. It was pretty pigmented in my opinion, but not my favorite. My reason for not liking the blush was of the shade I received in "Dubonnet." I love coral/peach tones and this was a dusty rose color on my skin, which I wasn't a fan of. I do love the finish of the blush; its pretty natural looking with no shimmer/sheen. It's a great formula for an everyday kind of blush, just make sure you find a color you like because the pigment is for sure there.
CONS: As much as I enjoyed the lip product, the other products in this kit were a complete miss for me.
PurePressed Base Mineral Foundation: I used to wear a lot of powder foundations and they packed along the coverage. I since then have switched over to BB creams, color perfecters, and liquid foundations. This foundation gave me absolutely zero coverage. I am not a full-coverage kind of girl, but I need a little something to cover up the minimal acne scarring that I have. This did not help whatsoever. I wanted to give this product a fair shot so I added a sheer color perfecter and placed the foundation on top of it. It really did nothing other than take the dewy finish I love away from my skin and make my skin look super dry. (My skin type is normal so the fact it made my skin look a little dry and flaky was shocking to say the least). I received the shades "Golden Glow" and "Latte" and they were perfect matches on my skin tone.
Eyeshadows: I received the colors "Oyster" and "Supernova." Oyster was supposed to be a neutral base, however, it ended up looking like a muted highlight on me. I tried to cover it up with the supernova shade and it was a dusty purple shade, which is pretty, however, you need a LOT of product in order to get lasting pigment on the eye. I will say that I layered the shadows with my own and my Stila liquid eyeshadow and it has held up nicely. Overall, the powders, blushes, and eyeshadows have an incredible amount of fallout. It seems as if when applying the product a lot was wasted. I do love the lip and cheek stain because it is so comfortable to wear. I also enjoyed the small brush applicator, which I might add, worked better than my own brushes when applying the foundation. I was just really disappointed in the coverage of the foundation in particular because they do have SPF 20 and has skincare benefits, two of the most important things I look for when buying makeup. Even though it did nothing for me in terms of coverage, in the event I want a more matte look, I will be sure to use this on top of my foundation because it does work well as a setting powder. I received the Jane Cradle Pure & Simple Makeup Kit complementary for testing purposes; all opinions are my own.
Melissa A.
Pennington , NJ
PurePressed Base Mineral Foundation: this product is an oil free and weightless powder foundation. It claims to be an all-in-one foundation, concealer, and sun protection. I normally don’t like powder foundation as they can make my skin look dry and don’t give a ton of coverage. But I was interested to test this out! It is nice that the kit comes with two different shades to mix and match to create the perfect shade for your skin. I will say that for having the medium toned kit the colors seem pretty light. I normally have light to medium skin but more medium during the summer, for someone who has a true medium skin tone I’m not sure that these powders would be dark enough. When I first swatched the powders they definitely had some good pigment, but on the skin it just seemed like a light wash of color. I think this product would be great if you like light coverage but if you are someone who likes a more medium to full coverage this may not be the best option! As for the product being both foundation and concealer I think thats a bit of a stretch. I tried to test it on a few spots that have currently popped up on my skin but it didn’t cover them at all, I could still see them peeking through. Layering the powders on top of each other also made my skin look super dry, especially around my nose and on my checks where I have some texture. I think for an everyday use this product just isn’t right for me or my skin. But if you are someone who likes powder foundations and a light coverage one at that it might be a great option. I am excited to try this out again when I’m at the beach as just a way to add a little color to the skin and take advantage of that sun protection.

PurePressed Blush: this product is supposed to create a soft wash of natural looking color on the checks. This was probably the most disappointing of the products in this kit. It didn’t have great pigmentation at all and when I applied it to the face there was hardly anything there. I know that it is supposed to be a light wash of color but I would at least like to see a little bit of something on my cheeks. I don’t have much else to say about this product because of the lack of really anything but I’m really hoping that it was just the color option that didn’t work for me!

PurePressed Eye Shadow: these shadows are long lasting, crease resistant, and can be used wet or dry. The website also says that they are safe to use around sensitive eyes (although to be honest I hope all eye shadow is safe to be used around the eyes…) I was actually super impressed with these shadows. They were super pigmented and easy to blend. At first I didn’t think the colors were all that great in the pans but once I swatched them I fell in love. They have this beautiful sheen to them that really makes your eyes pop! I think these shadows were the best part of this whole kit now if I could just get them out of the card board packaging and into my Z palette.

Just Kissed Lip and Cheek Stain: this is just your basic lip balm with Olive and Avocado oils to help hydrate and plump your lips. This product really didn’t excite me at all I have a ton of lip balms that do a better job of hydrating my lips. I also can’t get over the intense smell of artificial strawberries, I really don’t enjoy that smell.

Overall I wasn’t super impressed with this box which makes me sad because I love Infulenster! The packaging seemed a little cheap to me and the products (other then the eyeshadows) just really didn’t do anything for me. I will keep trying out the foundation to see if I can find a use for it but the blush and lip thing will probably not be touched again. As for the eyeshadows as soon as I can find a way to get them out of this packaging they are going into my every day rotation.
Alexa M.
Hamilton , NJ
I'm excited to get this box! I've never heard of this brand...have you?
Pascale C.
saint-constant
how do you have it free? like in a vox pop box
Cynthia F.
Stuart, FL
Where can I buy this? I need this product in my collection.
Lily M.
Salem, MA
This looks amazing has anyone tried this
Tristan S.
Mc Henry, MS
How much does the kit cost for customers? I couldn't find the kit on her website?