BY IPSY #2 in Subscription Boxes

• Is anyone else think Ipsy is getting cheaper with there products....85 Answers
  • Ipsy or Birchbox? Which would you prefer to subscribe to?198 Answers
  • I wonder if anyone else out there is doing this?   I have a frien...2 Answers
Media (1978)
  • "Waiting for my ipsy bag to come in every month is what i live on, the bags are always so adorable and i have never received a product i didn't like or didn't use!" in 629 reviews
  • "The ipsy bags are so cute and getting full sized products are definitely something that I look forward to especially being only $10 a month!" in 490 reviews
  • "its amazing for the price you pay and the nail polishes are always amazing...some product arent as good so i never end up using them otherwise if youre a person who likes discovering new products u shud consider subscribing to ipsy " in 293 reviews
  • "I love IPSY ..You go on IPSY's website and take a quick little test..So your makeup bag is fit for your skin tone, your style, what type of items you would like in the bag and every month for just $10.00, (there's no hidden fees, No cancelation fees), You get a different themed Cosmetic bag, With the worth being way more than $10.00." in 227 reviews
  • "It's overall a bag with great variety and is great for making yourself try new things you would never otherwise try (recently I got some dry shampoo...would never buy it otherwise but I love it now)." in 219 reviews
Melissa G.
Maurice, LA
I signed up for ipsy last month. I shared a link to my facebook newsfeed, also to twitter and sent a message to 3 of my friends. This made me jump off of the waiting list to receiving it the next month, which will of course be this month. I havent gotten my bag yet, it may very well be in my mail box because i see others have already gotten theirs. I have looked at the app and saw what I'm getting. I also saw what others are getting. I saw today that those who have gotten what I will get have put reviews up. I really like that I can look at the profiles of people who have posted reviews to see what kind of skin they have (oily or dry), their eye color, hair color, etc. and compare it to myself and think, "well, they have more green in their eyes so it might work better for me." I love knowing what to expect before I get my bag. It's still exciting to wait for it but I can plan for it. Like, if I'm running low on mascara, I can check to see if I'm getting it this month and wait for it or I can go out and buy some. My resolution was to spend less on makeup and this is helping so far. I like Influenster because I can see reviews before I buy things. I like ipsy for the same reason. You gain points by sharing the contents of your makeup bag, posting reviews and if friends use your code while signing up. You can use those points to trade for certain items through the app. I recommend ipsy if you're trying to learn more about makeup, if you're looking for a gift for someone (there's an option to get a bag a year for one payment of $120), or if you're looking to save money while trying new things like me. The app is wonderful also. It has makeup tips and great articles. Even if you don't receive an ipsy bag, the app is still good to download to stay on top on new trends.
Ashley F.
Pop Culture Expert Level 2
You literally cannot go wrong with this subscription! Every month you get a new makeup bag (worth it in itself!!!) and full/sample size products!!! Honestly I thought that there were hardly be any full size but they do an amazing job by giving you a great balance of full and sample size items!

You get to try so so many different products that you normally wouldn't buy, and it really gives you a bang for your buck! For example, last month I received a sample size (4 inches) Smash Box eyeliner, full size ColourPop eyeshadow, full size Rimmel London Face Primer, a sample size (3 inches) MAC eyeliner, and three Purisse face peels!!!!! The face peels alone cost $6 a piece if you buy them elsewhere!!!!!!

Honestly this subscription is amazing though though because it allows you to really play with the makeup you use and if you don't like something or end up with too many of one item....give them away!!!! I seriously have nothing negative to say because I've never spent $10 a month as good as this!!!

*Oh, and you also get discounts on the items you want to purchase (if ever)!!! And you get points towards purchasing items just by reviewing your glam bag pieces!!!! COME ON, WHY ARE YOU NOT SIGNING UP ALREADY!?
Jessika A.
I can not recommend ipsy glam bags enough! I’ve been getting them for a little over a year now. Each month you get a travel sized makeup bag along with 5 makeup items. Every single bag that I’ve gotten has at least had a travel size something from a high end brand in it. And a lot of times if they are featuring an indie makeup brand, you’ll get a full size lipstick or highlighter or eyeliner. They also send out great makeup brushes! I’ve built up my collection of makeup brushes just from getting ipsy bags.

They cost $10 per month, but it is a little cheaper if you pay for a year in advance. You take a quiz, that you can update as much as you want, that will help ipsy decide what to put in your bag. Once you get your products, make sure to review them and rate them so that ipsy can even further tailor the bag to your personal preferences.

The customer service has been great too! I had a full size highlighter that arrived to me broken. I immediately contacted ipsyCare and they had a new one sent out that day.

I recommend this service to anyone who wants to build their makeup collection without spending a fortune on full size products. It’s also great if you like to try products out before committing to a full-size. Even better, there is enough variety so that you can try out different products that you need to practice with, or use something you would never normally buy.
Charlene W.
Aurora, OH
I think subscription services are AMAZING. Forget the stress of shopping for new makeup, clothes, healthy food, etc. Get them delivered right to your door for a great deal, much lower than the products’ retail prices! I’ll tell you about one of my favorite subscription makeup bags that I’ve been getting for almost a whole year now, Ipsy!

Ipsy is only $10 a month, (even cheaper when you buy a whole year!) and you get 5 beauty products a month, which are either full size or deluxe size. On top of that super steal, just by rating your products each month, you gets points which you can redeem for full size products! I just redeemed 500 points that I’ve been racking up, so in my next bag, I get a set of designer lashes! GLAM LASHES ARE MY FAV, and we all know how expensive they can be (literally I’ve paid $20 for a good set). Finally, they offer different discounts every month for subscribers to high end makeup websites.

Take a look inside my October glam bag. I LOVED every single product and gave them all 5 stars. However, your bag might look completely different than mine each month because on the Ipsy app, you can customize your settings to make sure you receive items that you WANT and will USE. You all know that I love my press-on nails, so I requested never to receive nail polishes, rather mascaras and liquid lipsticks instead. Ipsy will listen to your preferences. You can also add your skin and hair tone and type as well as eye color, so your products matches your needs.

Brands in my October glam bag: Marc Anthony, Urban Decay, Tarte, Meech and Mia, and MDMflow

Overall, Ipsy offers amazing services and products for such a low cost and they are very responsive to your wants for your monthly glam bag. Having this subscription bag also really helps me resist splurging on makeup, because I get surprised with so many new items every few weeks and don’t feel the need to anymore. Click here to TRY IT OUT, even if its just for a month! Comment or send me a message if you want my sign up code, which will give us both a boost on our points!
Julia M.
Middle Village
I've been doing Ipsy the last year and honestly have no complaints. I originally started just because i wanted to have a gift for myself every month and it would excite me for only 10.89 a month. I'm not to heavily into make up so i wanted small products i could use when I'm occasionally going on. I didn't think that i would love these products to the point i am purchasing them (full size) through the ipsy app or searching for them online. Having cute little monthly subscriptions like this introduces me to expensive products i would never purchase before trying on my own. They give you high quality products/brands that you wouldn't find so small in stores. The last star lacks because sometimes i do get products that i didn't request on my personal survey and have no interest in. But every bag comes in handy as well, and so cute!!!! I love Ipsy :-) belif The True Cream Aqua Bomb is the latest product I've fell in LOVE with and bought the full size version right away.
Jade S.
Full-size MORPHE E61 Pointed Highlight Brush

Ugh crying
Malinda S.
Upper Darby, PA
I am so glad I decided to switch from the Allure Beauty Box to Ipsy. Not that Allure is terrible, but you get much higher end products from Ipsy, a new makeup bag bag month, and is the one box that curates the products you receive based on your preferences and color matching. I've had it for about 4 months now and it gets better each month as I review my products so they know what I do and do not like and keep my beauty profile updated. Each month you get about 5 products, at least 2 will be full size... A couple months I had 3 or 4 Full size products! Even their sample sizes are impressive. The products are all high end.. You may get a NYX product here and there but I'm fine with that because I'm a Nyx lover. I have not once been disappointed with any of my Ipsy bags. They really do send wonderful products. The makeup bags have been getting nicer and Sturdier lately. You get points every month just for subscribing and you get points for every product you review and then you redeem them for products in the Ipsy Shop. I just redeemed my points for a full size high end Eyeshadow that I had my eye on. It's a gorgeous pigmented copper color. So, as long as you review your bag each month (which you should do anyway because that's how they know what not to give you) the points accumulate very quickly. Also, each day Ipsy will have a special offer ex: $60 worth of a mix of different products for $15 and free shipping. You just can't beat all of that for $10 a month!
Joscelyn B.
North Hills, CA
Ipsy is my favorite subscription. I have done my research too. I decided to subscribe to monthly boxes - Birchbox, Ipsy, Sephora Play, and quarterly boxes - Beautycon Box (sadly now retired), and Fabfitfun. Of the monthly subscriptions Ipsy is ultimately the most successful in my opinion and here's why - all of them have a beauty profile you fill out to gather hair color, eye color, preferences, etc. However the customization varies. Sephora Play had the least, every box is the same so everyone gets the same product (organic, cruelty free, or also not). Birchbox you can specify skin types, concerns, makeup preference. The brands are more likely to be cruelty free or organic. Everyone can get different things in their box but what if you didn't like something or you were alergic to a product you received? I have dealt with their customer service and it is great in my experience. A box came damaged and they sent me a new one, it wasn't all the same products but I got a new box. Ipsy has ALL these features and a way to customize your preferences even further! After receiving each bag you can rate the products to tell ipsy if you like the brand, product, and color/shade. This helps customize your bag further with each review to make sure you're only getting products you'll love. Which means there will be a lot of variety at first so you might love some bags more over others. You get points toward free product Everytime you write a review too! (Birchbox you need to send money to earn points but Sephoras box does come with a 50point card you can redeem in stores with any purchase). Ipsy also has a Shopper app which you can earn a certain percentage (up to 30%) of money back when you buy products through the Shopper app. You get your money back once a month through PayPal.
Jamie T.
I subscribed to Ipsy for almost 1.5 years before canceling my subscription due to never using more than half the products I received. I used to look forward to getting my new bag every month until I was more excited for the bag itself than the products inside. Don't get me wrong I did receive products here and there I wouldn't have otherwise tried at full cost but the products I did buy once my trials ran out were far and few between. At $10 a month I decided to cancel when I realized I was collecting mostly facial/hair products that I wouldn't use due to my being so particular about my skin and fear of trying things that might make my oily skin break out. I literally had all my beauty products organized in a 5 tier plastic unit by eyes, face, lips, hair and misc and when I finally decided to give my daughter and girlfriends all my unused goodies I unloaded 2 grocery bags full of stuff! Long story short, I was spending more money each month collecting things I'd never use as opposed to narrowing down key products I wanted to try and actually buy! Side note... I also subscribed to Birchbox for the $10 subscription and had the same feelings. Now I realize if you take the time to go online and review your products, update your preferences, etc the bags became more personalized but this quickly became time consuming and I continued to be fairly disappointed by the contents. However I do miss ripping into that shiny pink envelope, eager to see what was inside but I get just as much satisfaction when products i want and buy show up on my doorstep!
Rashonda S.
Raleigh, NC
Ipsy is like the best thing that ever happened to me. It is $10 a month. You get a really high quality cute bag each month and they usually fit in with whatever month or season or holiday is around that time. Like last year in October we got this super cute bag from a collaboration with Valfré.com.
You get 5 products in the bag, based on your preferences and past reviews. There’s almost always at least one full size product, and a few deluxe sample sizes. I’ve gotten some great Luxie ( Luxie Rose Gold Synthetic 5 Piece Kabuki Brush Set)and Lottie brushes, as well as the limited edition Lisa Frank ( Lisa Frank Blending Brush) brush.
Ive discovered so many great brands from Ipsy: derma e Microdermabrasion Scrub with Dead Sea Salt
Seraphine Botanicals Conscious Color
Vasanti Brighten Up! Enzymatic Face Rejuvenator With Microderm Exfoliating Crystals
theBalm Cabana Boy
tarte Deep Dive Gel Cleanser
Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara
Just to name a few!
Michelle C.
Avon, IN
Ipsy or Birchbox? Which would you prefer to subscribe to?
Tania C.
Mishawaka, IN
Is anyone else think Ipsy is getting cheaper with there products. I feel there are not as many full size products.
Kalyn S.
Dayton, OH
Do you get your moneys worth on this subscription?
Suzzette L.
Waterbury, CT
Ipsy or Birchbox???
Erin L.
ALEXANDRIA, VA
Pop Culture Expert Level 1
How long have some of yall been on the waitlist?? I feel like I have been on it forever!! And obviously, I cannot get any friends to subscribe!!!