BY INSTAGRAM, INC. #1 in Apps

Instagram is an online mobile photo-sharing, video-sharing, and social networking service that enables its users to take pictures and videos, and share them either publicly or privately on the app, as well as through a variety of other social networking platforms, such as Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, and Flickr.

• I have an Insta train going today if anyone is interested in supp...4 Answers
  • What are some pro tips for increasing your social media following?9 Answers
  • Y'all start following me on instagram @sabrina_mon4000 and I'll f...8 Answers
Instagram
  • "It is a great way to stay connected and it doesn't have to be overbearing with too much information out there like some people have with facebook." in 1242 reviews
  • "After I joined influenster I started working on being more influential on social media which meant getting on more networks than just Facebook." in 1242 reviews
  • "I love that I can use it to share photos with friends and family as well as show my artistic side when I am feeling creative." in 506 reviews
  • "Instagram is great to share pictures but the only problem is the fact that many times there is random advertising on accounts and the nudity is pretty high but I just report it when I randomly come across it." in 460 reviews
  • "It is so much fun to see what your friends are posting for every day pictures, and it is even more fun looking to see what other people are posting." in 320 reviews
Tha P.
Escondido, CA
Instagram was definitely a great social media app. It was so simple where a person is able to share a photo and all of their followers would be able to see it and click on the little heart icon to show the person that they "liked" their post. But like all social media apps and anything that quickly grows in users and popularity it becomes a tool for advertisers. I'm not against anyone or any company advertising their products, that's just how this whole thing works. Anyways Instagram has been able to keep up and evolve alongside other new social media apps and what they offer to keep their users still interested in their product. Kudos to IG, keep up the great work!
Jody S.
Atlanta
Instagram is a popular photo- and video-sharing app that requires only a couple of touches to produce retro-looking projects and then share them with friends and other Instagram members. With recent updates, the app adds video, letting you add filters and post to your feed much like you do with photos. It also got a new way to adjust brightness and contrast in the most recent update with a new Lux slider. But what's really special about the Instagram phenomenon is how users have used the app to create a story about their everyday lives through stylized photos and videos.
Jasmine-Symone W.
Phoenix, IL
One of my favorite social media apps, perfect for a selfie lover like me! Such an easy to use layout, which makes things fun and simple when it comes to sharing pictures! I love how simple it is for me to post pictures, and how it helps me stay connected with friends and family without feeling like I'm oversharing. There is so much great content on Instagram, you can literally scroll the explore page for hours and not get bored! Great app for passing time, or staying updated on pretty much anything, but through pictures!
Deanna D.
Electra
Where do I even start? I have used instagram since it first came out! This app has always been amazing and continuously get better. You are able to see thing from far away places and meet new people through the discover/explore tab. The notifications tab keeps you up to date on what people think about your profile as well as what kind of pictures your friends are liking and who they're starting to follow. They have even started offering stores (much like snapchat) Overall, this is a great social platform!
AdoreLiyah👸 L.
Pine Hills
This is my favorite social media app because I love to take pictures and share moments with family and friends. However, there are a few things that could be fixed or improved within this app. A lot of special features require downloading a separate app to make them work or to create them, which is frustrating because that just takes up more memory in my phone when I'm already scrambling for storage. I also find that sometimes when I try to post an image that I took with my GoPro or with any iPhone that wasn't a 4s like mine, the app freezes and shuts down. I have to restart my phone to be able to upload that picture. Could be my old phone having problems, but it could also be the app. I also don't like the idea of Instagram choosing what pictures to show on my feed (like Twitter now does with tweets). I'd like to see what everyone I'm following posts, not just what a program things I might enjoy the most, because usually those programs are really off
Taryn W.
Fort Wayne, IN
Like most people here, Instagram is my absolute favorite social media app. I like the addition of stories, and how easy that makes it to keep up with friends and showcase what I'm doing without clogging my feed. They just released the "highlights" feature - which will keep a story on your profile for more than 24 hours. I don't know how I feel about that or what value it brings since you could just make a post. Overall, I love the app but sometimes the changes throw me off.
Christopher C.
Worcester, MA
My favorite app ever. I've been using it since day one and just love following all the different types of people that you can find on there. I love looking at these little glimpses into peoples lives. No matter what you're interested in you can find someone with the same interests.

I love how the app is always improving and adding on new features. They are always of ahead of the game with new features leaving other social media sites/apps to try and catch up.
Allison W.
Mckinney, TX
I am newer to Instagram. I got an account this past summer of 2017, and I have not looked back!! In my opinion, Instagram is the best of the best of social media sharing AND buying! They brought their A game, and although Facebook bought them out a while back.... it is WAY better than Facebook ever was - to me.
Taylor K.
Instagram is my favorite social media app to date. I love being able to follow who I want and stay updated on all my friends and favorite celebrities. I love being able to see pictures of those who are able to travel to far places and different parts of the world. The features on instagram are great, being able to take pictures, edit and share right from the app is a great addition. I think Instagram will be the most used social media app for years to come!
Frances G.
El Paso, TX
This probably has to be one of my favorite social media apps next to SnapChat. I love taking pictures and of course I love sharing them as well, this just makes it so easy to share with my friends and family. I have met a lot of cool people on this app that share common interests with me. I could spend hours just exploring all of the beautiful pictures.
Melissa D.
What is your favorite filter?
Davia G.
Huntsville, AL
How long have you been on Instagram
Sofia C.
Stockton, CA
Is it really worth getting one?
Anni S.
El Dorado, AR
If you check your own Instagram profile - what would you say you take most pictures of? Food? Your pats? Selfies?
Shannon A.
Hempstead, New York
As an insta addict I want to ask, how many pictures (within a day) are too much to post?!