BY H&M #2 in Clothing Stores & Brands

H & M Hennes & Mauritz AB is a Swedish multinational retail-clothing company, known for its fast-fashion clothing for men, women, teenagers and children.

H&M
  • "The store is very similar to to forever 21 in the store back in the day call Deb I like the styles and the prices are not bad as well " in 195 reviews
  • "However, SOME- keyword is some- of the clothes can be a bit cheap with not the best quality.. but it's easy to tell the good quality from bad... overall, one of the BEST stores around!" in 189 reviews
  • "H&M is one of my favorite stores to shop at I always find such great things and for a great deal I totally recommend this store for young adults to mature women there is something for everyone." in 176 reviews
  • "I love, love, love H & M they have really cute clothing... when I go abroad and see an H&M shop I go in AND I ALWAYS FIND SOMETHING THAT I LIKE AND SIUTS ME... they have really good affordable prices and would want them to open at least one shop in Malta !!" in 168 reviews
  • "They have a wonderful jewelry section with great prices, as well as a great selection of clothing, sorted by styles and trends." in 138 reviews
Suzette G.
It seems a bit weird but I am giving H&M a 5 out of 5 because the pros outweigh the cons.  I have never really had bad customer service here, which I appreciate.  Anytime I ask for help, the associates are kind and answer my questions in a friendly manner.  They have an amazing selection of clothing for men, women, and children, and I always find great deals on my four year olds clothing.  They always have new styles for him, promotions on many of their items, and the quality is really great for the t shirts and his pants.  I do purchase his shoes from here also because I used to buy them from Journey's and drop so much money but his feet grow so quick, I just didn't want to pay it anymore.  I'd rather pay $15-$20 and have them last for a few months.  I buy my camisoles,basic shirts, and "sweatpant" shorts from here because they're relatively inexpensive, and great quality.  I also purchase cute blouses, good quality dresses, and some pants from here.  I purchased about six dresses from here and they were all under $24.99.  They wear beautifully, wash and dry nicely, and I receive compliments every time I wear them.  I purchased a pair of black,tight, stretchy jeans with gold buttons and they're super comfortable and wear nicely with pretty much anything.  I have never purchased their intimates or really any of their sweaters as I tend to stick to the business area and the areas with dressy blouses.  Some of the clothing seems a bit young for me and I tend to avoid anything that has writing on it as I am almost thirty.  I purchased a large black purse from here for around $39 and absolutely love it; I receive compliments every time I use it.  It has so much space, I can wear it with any outfit, and it's sleek and pretty.  There are a couple things about this store that are a bit of a turn off.  Just like Forever 21, which I avoid because of this, this store is often very messy and hard to shop it.  The H&M at the mall in the city I live in is relatively large, but some of the areas of the store are so crammed and packed with products and towers, I can barely walk through to look at the products they have.  Most of the store I just avoid because it's too tight and uncomfortable to even look.  When I am shopping in a certain area, the clothing on the tables is very disorganized, messy, and thrown everywhere.  There are associates all over the store, yet none of them seem to be fixing the tables or organizing everything.  I've gone in here to shop at 10 am when they open their doors to the afternoon to the weekend and they always have clothing laid everywhere, in the wrong spots, and if there is a table with a set of shirts, they'll only have XS and XL; they never seem to have smalls or mediums of anything.  Most of the time the lines at the register are also incredibly long.  However, I do love the fact that if you bring in a bag of old clothing or textiles that you want to recycle, they will give you a coupon for 15% off your next purchase; they also do not limit how many bags you can bring and therefore how many coupons you can get.  It's pretty awesome.  So aside from the cons, I still rate H&M as a 5 out of 5 because there are so many better pros of this store.
Jennie H.
Cromwell, CT
I love love love h&m I have bought so many items here it's hard to rave about just one category so why not all haha I have bought tops and sweaters here that are my go to for every day looks they also have a great selection of business appropriate clothing I was starting a new job a few months back and stopped in to pick up some button ups and dress pants and the look amazing almost as if the clothing was tailored to fit me personal and I've had friends who also wear there clothing and the same goes for them! I also love there highwaisted jeans they are so durable, stretchy, and comfy they definitely got it right and it doesn't break the bank to shop here!!!! I have gotten shirts, shoes, bags, accessories, pants, jeans and all the above
hannah b.
Statesville, NC
I used to LOVE H&M when I was in high school, but as I've grown older I've noticed the clothes were getting worse and worse. I think it's definitely catered more to younger crowds and the clothes are so thin and pretty much everything I bought from there ended up ripping or tearing up after just a couple times wearing. The quality of their clothes is just awful!!!! definitely wouldn't suggest wasting money on them. They may look cute, you pay and then wear it once and it rips... not worth it! Haven't been in a h&M in years!
Meg B.
H&M is one of my favorite stores to shop at! I love how clean and modern the store's layout is. I always seem to find at least one item when shopping there, either being an accessory or clothing. Their jewelry is very affordable and often looks like an expensive item! I think their clothing is definitely worth the price. My favorite section is the "Basics," area. I love their color ranges in tops, pants, etc. Their colored tank tops are so comfy and affordable.
Rachel B.
Fort Wayne, IN
I'll begin by saying that I've been a religious H&M shopper since I can remember. The obsession grew stronger when my boyfriend and I met five years ago - as that was one of his favorite stores as well. We both loved that it was a little more basic, but less main-stream than many stores in our area - and it also helped that it was all extremely affordable. This is where my complaint comes in. The quality of the clothes is good, not great. It's not Forever 21 thin, but also not Revolve or Free People stitched. I have seen a dramatic increase in prices within the last three years especially, while the quality of the clothes stay the same. I used to be able to go in and get five cute shirts for $100, and now can maybe get 2-3. I'm all for quality over quantity - and am willing to pay the price if it matches up, but H&M has raised their prices considerably without changing much else.
Taylir W.
They have amazing prices. Their clothing is of good quality and you can shop here for everyone in your family. They even have shoes, makeup, jewelry and underwear! They have clothing for everyone’s style and everything is super stylish. Their store is always huge and their is always something that I want when I go in there. Their children’s collection is amazing and they also have a maternity section! If you haven’t you should definitely check it out.
Chelle N.
La Crescenta, CA
I visit mostly for the jewelry and accessories, there’s always so many choices at an affordable price as well. I don’t usually go through the clothes racks as they are so crowded- and I don’t like how some of the circular sales racks spin. Since it’s usually high-traffic items on them, it pulls in a lot of customers and as soon as I reach for a potential buy, đŸ’„ boomđŸ’„ someone spins it and it’s difficult to wade through the crowd to get to the other side. But when I stick to accessories, it’s great.
Daria K.
They have a lot of clothing that's in-style without tackiness (like how F21 puts "bae" or "lazy day" on the back of every top). The prices are average. It's extremely difficult for my to shop for jeans bc I have a small waist but I'm bigger below the waist, but I found an amazing, stretchy pair here. Good, professional customer service too :)
Hudeyl a.
clifton, NJ
I love H&M. I buy almost all my clothes from there as well as gifts and kids clothes for my niece and nephews. What I love the most is that because I am hijaby it’s easy to find shirt and dresses that have long sleeves and their scarf are to die for. H&M is my number one store to go to and the best part is when I travel I can find in so many different countries and their prices are so low that I end up walking out with so many bags.
Berry M.
H&M has some really wonderful pieces each season, and the prices are really great. Their jewelry and bags are especially affordable given how expensive they usually appear. I love H&M for cute little gifts as well. They have so many different style so I can shop for a variety of people. Ladies-check out the Men’s section for cool band shirts and super soft hoodies. The children’s clothing is to die for adorable!
Michelle L.
Pittsburgh, PA
H&M or forever 21?
Gabriella V.
Holland, MI
Has anyone ever noticed their prices or ever ridiculously cheap, or scary expensive??
monica d.
Culver City, CA
H&M or old navy?
Malika T.
Philadelphia, PA
What are your favorite items to buy at H&M? Do you think the quality matches the price?
Carol B.
Schenectady, NY
H&M Or Charlotte Ruse? Which would you shop for school? Someone on a budget?