BY HERBAL ESSENCES #88 in Conditioner

Herbal Essences Sheer Moisture Cucumber & Green Tea Foam Conditioner is specifically crafted with naturally inspired ingredients to moisturize hair without leaving strands weighed down.

• bio:renew Green Tea & Cucumber Foam Conditioner weightlessly conditions fine hair for lightly moisturized, radiant strands
  • Use in-shower by applying a palm-sized amount from root to tip, let absorb, then rinse for voluminous results
  • Whipped with our signature bio:renew blend of antioxidants, aloe and sea kelp
  • Color-safe, pH-balanced with 0% parabens and colorants
  • Soothing notes of green tea leaves, water lily and clean amber

Ingredients :

Water, Isobutane, Propane, Quaternium-80, Propylene Glycol, Cetearyl Alcohol, Cetrimonium Chloride, Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Germ Oil, Cucumis Sativus (Cucumber) Fruit Water, Zea Mays (Corn) Silk Extract, Citrus Aurantium Dulcis (Orange) Flower Extract, Camellia Sinensis Leaf Extract, Histidine, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Ecklonia Radiata Extract, Fragrance, Pvp, Phenoxyethanol, Behentrimonium Chloride, Disodium Edta, Panthenol.

Carol L.
I'm someone who usually skips conditioner altogether or I purchase 2-in-1 shampoos & conditioners. My hair type is normal but very fine and, unless I'm using a clarifying shampoo, I've never really run into problems with shampoos overdrying or stripping my hair. Personally, conditioner's always been an extra but unnecessary step for me. However, when Influenster invited me to try Herbal Essences' Green Tea & Cucumber Shampoo and Foam Conditioner for free I realized how much of a necessity a conditioner really is.

In my experience the Green Tea & Cucumber shampoo performs more like a clarifying shampoo than the lightly moisturizing and conditioning formula they claim it is. Using the shampoo left my hair feeling and looking dull, limp and flat and it desperately needed a moisture boost afterward.

The Foam Conditioner has the same super intense, green floral scent that reminds me of the old school Healing Garden Green Tea Therapy by Coty bath & body fragrance. I think the scent's quite overpowering and headache inducing.

The texture is dense, fluffy and thicker than your average hair mousse. I think when you use the Foam Conditioner what you're really paying for is the fun factor of shaking up and pumping out a thick, rich foam from the canister. Herbal Essences does make a 13.5 oz bottle of traditional conditioner formula in the Green Tea & Cucumber scent, the same size as their shampoo. However, with the Foam Conditioner you're only getting 6 oz which is less than half that.

I honestly didn't find this conditioner to be moisturizing at all and the combination of the Green Tea & Cucumber Shampoo and Foam Conditioner left my hair looking like straw. I personally get far better results from my usual drugstore 2-in-1 shampoo & conditioner.
Katie G.
When I found out I was getting this fancy new fangled foam conditioner I really believed that it was going to be a gimmick. When my box arrived, I dutifully put my new shampoo and conditioner in my shower and got to work. I haven't used Herbal Essences *anything* in at least 7 years, so imagine my surprise when I tried this stuff out. After using the Green Tea & Cucumber shampoo, I dispensed a big old handful of this foam conditioner, combed it through my hair, and let it sit while I finished the rest of my normal shower things. Initially, my hair didn't feel "conditioned" as one would normally expect, but I really believe that is because this is so much lighter than a traditional conditioner.

The results were actually quite impressive! Even though I didn't get that "conditioned" feeling, my hair smelled great and was soft and manageable. After using this foam conditioner a few times I feel like it works really well to improve the wave pattern in my 2a hair since it's not weighed down. Another major concern I normally have is brassiness with my blonde hair and I do not feel like this is contributing to that at all as some other shampoos and conditioners have.

I will say that I did have some reservations about the ingredients of the shampoo since both the shampoo and conditioner claim to be pH balanced and color safe (despite the shampoo containing sulfates), but I am pleased to say that the ingredients for the conditioner do not show any sulfates OR silicones, which is a huge benefit for me. The lack of silicones is most likely what prevents the "conditioned" feeling but also keeps the foam nice and light instead of weighing hair down.

TL:DR; I really liked this product and enjoy the concept. I would definitely buy it again and I truly feel like it is an excellent value.
Caryn H.
I received the herbal essence green tea and cucumber shampoo and foaming conditioner as part of an influenster campaign but the review is my own opinion.

At first I was excited to see this be bio. Renew line as I'm always looking for a more natural line and eco friendly. (I was most excited to try this new "foaming conditioner" as I've never heard of anything like it!) It is also made in a plant that is involved in renewable wind energy which seemed great. Unfortunately i started reading the ingredients and was sad to see some sulfates and fragrances that are typically on list of ingredients to avoid such as the "never" list. However, the fragrance itself seemed light (and refreshing) and the product did exclude parabens and colorants so it's leading in the right direction and I decided to give it a try.

Regarding the shampoo, right from the first time I used it my hair responded well. It seemed to be very well cleaned and no residue was left behind. After a few more uses the feeling remained the same, did a good job of cleaning my hair and left it feeling nice!

The foaming conditioner was quite an experience! My first use I definitely overestimated and pumped way more than I needed so be careful on that one! I or it soak into my hair and the rinsed as directed. I didn't get that immediately soft and conditioned feeling like I do with other conditioners, but it felt and smelt nice. After the shower I started blow drying my hair and could start to see a difference. The bottle does what it claims! My hair felt soft, but light! Which is definitely not easy for my normal thick weighed down hair! Same with the shampoo, the results seemed consistent from use to use.

Overall I'm giving this product 3 stars. Knowing the price point, id consider purchasing again if I needed a good cheap shampoo or conditioner either last minute or for travel. I probably wouldn't switch to it full time because of some of the ingredients and I didn't feel like it was anything extrodinary, but certainly not bad. I'm happy to have tried them and am glad herbal essence seems to be moving into a great direction as a company with this bio renew line!
Elizabeth S.
Ennice, NC
I received the Herbal Essence Bio-Renew Foam Conditioner from Influenster for free in return for my unbiased opinion.  I was very excited to try this product because I was intrigued by the idea of a foam conditioner.  I mean who wouldn't want to put a shaving cream like substance in their hair.  (It was really more like hair moose).

I have to admit upon first use I was afraid I was going to be disappointed.  My hair is a type that requires conditioner.  It is a bit damaged and without conditioner, it is a tangled mess impossible to brush smooth.  When I applied the conditioner to my hair the foam seemed to melt in my hair.  There was no slimy conditioner feeling that you get with a typical product.  My first thought was "OH NO" I just knew I wasn't going to be able to brush my hair afterward.  I even went as far as trying to add more foam to my hair to see if my problem was just using too little, no change with the added product.  I let the conditioner sit in my hair for 2-3 minutes.  After my shower, I hesitantly set out to brush my hair and was pleasantly surprised to find that the brush combed smoothly through with little to no tangles. When I dried my hair It was bouncy as if I hadn't used a conditioner but soft at the same time, the perfect mix.

I personally still enjoy the slimy silky smooth feeling of a traditional conditioner, but I very much appreciate the lightness of this conditioner with the same tangle free outcome.  I would recommend this product to people Who need condition but avoid using it because it makes their hair flat.   Really its kind of a game changer!!

Samantha R.
I received Herbal Essences Cucumber and Green Tea Foam Conditioner for free from Influenster for review purposes, however, my opinions are based solely on my personal experiences with the product.

I really liked using this product. I am usually very sensitive to products whether I am using them on my face or body - I will break out in hives, itch, get acne bumps, red splotches, or the scent will be too strong for my liking.

At first, I was concerned about this conditioner being a foam, as I have never used a product like it before, but it actually worked better than I thought it would. My hair is really long and thick, so I do feel that I will run out of the foam product much quicker than a traditional conditioner, but the experience was fun and unique, and the foam actually did a great job, and I think I would prefer it over a more traditional conditioner if I had thinner and shorter hair.

Much like the shampoo, the scent of this conditioner was light but lasting and great smelling. The conditioner paired with the shampoo kept my hair looking beautiful, clean, and smelling nice. This product did not weigh my hair down or make it look oil/greasy, even when using it close to my hair line and on the top of my head (which is where I have the most problems with conditioner oiliness). This conditioner also helped to detangle my hair and make it feel so soft, and I did not have much frizz either, which is rare for me. Like the shampoo, this conditioner meshed well with my dyed hair and did not harm the color at all. This conditioner is another gentle yet effective product.

Overall, I really liked this conditioner, and again, I was surprised by the quality, and I enjoy the price point and availability as well. I will also continue to use this product until I run out, and then try the volumizing line.
Jess R.
Oakland, MD
I'm a new mom who, on most days, is lucky if I get enough time to brush my hair before I take my son out of the house. So taking a shower is laughable to me sometimes. When I received the #herbalessences #biorenew shampoo and foam conditioner, I was thrilled to hand my son over to dad and try it out! The shampoo smells incredible. Like "eyes rolled in the back of my head" incredible. And when I tried out the foam conditioner, it was such a different experience to what I'm used to with other products. First, it smelled great just like the shampoo and when I worked it into my hair, I was expecting my hair to feel soft but, as with all conditioners I've used in the past, weighed down. Nope! Not with this conditioner! My hair felt lighter and more manageable. I got out of the shower and didn't have to wrestle with my brush to get all the knots out. When I usually style my hair, it ends up going limp from the weight of all the product I put in my hair to keep it soft. But with this conditioner, I didn't need anything other than a heat protectant for blowdrying. And to top it all off, my hair stayed voluminous without having to tease it or add a sticky powder to my roots! So my hair got to stay touchable soft all day. I won't always get to pamper my hair, but from now on, when I do, I will be using this genius collection. Thank you @herbalessences and thank you @influenster for giving me a chance to review this new product. I'm in love!
Melissa H.
So here's the tea about this conditioner. I tried this conditioner, as well as the shampoo once. The fragrance smelled pleasant and not overpowering. The conditioner was worthless and did nothing, but the shampoo felt soft like a conditioner. The day after I used this conditioner, I woke up with hives around my hair line, as well as my wrist where my hair tie was touching. I took an allergy pill and went about my day. The next day my hives spread on various spots on my body. It became so bad that by the time I got home, the back of my knee was swollen and red, as well as the top of my foot. It was so painful that I had to go to the ER because I thought I had a blood clot. The doctor confirmed that I was having a severe allergic reaction. They had to administer steroids and benadryl via IV. I have to spend hundreds of dollars in hospital bills to pay for this conditioner that I received from Influester to test out. This was not worth almost dying for. I don't know exactly what ingredient(s) in this conditioner that triggered my allergic reaction, but it was the only thing that I changed in my beauty routine. If you have sensitive skin please DO NOT USE THIS PRODUCT! By the time i got to the hospital (which is 35 minutes away from me), I was on the verge of going into anaphylaxis. I wonder if anyone else has experienced this reaction.

Pros: smells good
Cons: Does nothing for the hair. Oh and IT ALMOST KILLED ME!
Tiffani B.
Lk In The Hls, IL
I received this product for free from Influenster and Herbal Essences to test and review.

Packaging: The can itself is appealing. It's eyecatching but not an eye sore. It's very subtle decor would best be described as "cute". The can is the same as you would get if you bought hair mousse.

First thoughts: How is this actually a conditioner? How will something this texture work to condition hair?

Fragrance: Although I do not believe it smells like cucumber and green tea, the scent is a pleasantly fresh smell. At first it can be a bit overbearing when initially used, however, the lingering scent in my hair was light and clean scent. Thoroughly enjoyed the fragrance.

Overall: Although I loved the fragrance and enjoyed the simple but presentable packaging, that's about all I really admired about this product. My hair has been a bit dry and flaky due to coloring and stress, and gets oily after a few days of my fingers running through it, but to my disappointment, this conditioner did not make the biggest difference in my hair. I'm still flaky and my hair feels just as dry as it did before using it multiple times. However, it did put a bit more time between clean and that oily phase. Also, the shampoo is paraben free but not sulfate free. It says it's safe for colored hair... sulfates wash out color! Bummer!

Pros: Fresh scent, hair gets oily less frequently, washes out easily, light and doesn't weigh down hair like normal conditioners.

Cons: Hair remained flaky, conditions but not well, has sulfates that wash out hair coloring, makes my head itchy hours after hair dries.
Kristina N.
Thomaston , CT
I’ve always liked Herbal Essences shampoo and conditioner products so I was extremely excited to try their new bio renew line. This conditioner is targeted to condition fine hair and lightly nourish it. This is perfect for me as I have been searching for a conditioning product for my fine hair that won’t cause it to become oily or weighed down.
After just the first use my hair looks and feels so much more healthy and hydrated.
I wasn’t sure what to except from a foam conditioner since I’ve never used one before but I was very excited to give it a try! It is a pretty thick foam that has a very nice refreshing scent to it. It reminds me of a rainforest with the mix of green leaves, water lily, and clean amber.
It is very easy to apply and distribute throughout your hair. A small amount goes a long way as the foam applies and distributes very nicely. I use a palm size amount for my fine, mid back length hair. I like that it absorbs right into your hair to moisturize it without weighing the strands down.
A few of my favorite things about this conditioner is that it is color safe, PH balanced, and is paraben and dye free. It is made with antioxidants that help purify and protect your hair.
My hair is much more manageable, shiny and free flowing since using this conditioner. Not only is it enjoyable and refreshing to use, it is also healthy for your hair.
This conditioner is definitely one of my new favorites. It works great along side the Herbal Essences Cucumber and Green Tea Shampoo. I highly recommend it and myself will continue to use and repurchase it!
Becca C.
Borrego Spgs, CA
I received this Herbal Essences Cucumber and Green Tea Foam Conditioner free from Influenster to test.
I was super excited when I saw this foam conditioner was a part of the voxbox. Who wouldn’t want to try a new fad FOAM conditioner? I was interested to see how it would work and if it would really be more lightweight than traditional cream conditioners.
Much to my delight this stuff is great! First off it smells magical, fresh and spa-like. My first use, I grabbed a quarter sized dollop of the foam conditioner and combed it through my hair. A little goes a long way! I really only need about a dime sized amount for mid length hair. After applying I felt like the product disappeared and was a bit concerned it wouldn’t actually condition my hair. I let it sit, finished my shower tasks and rinsed. The conditioner rinses out very easily and left my hair feeling soft and airy. I was really surprised at how much lighter it felt after just one use. My scalp is typically pretty oily, so I usually avoid frequent conditioning at the roots— but I’ve been using this daily for about a week now on my either head and have yet to notice any added greasy feel!
Styling was really the test for me since I love curling my hair. If my hair isn’t as weighed down by product it should produce light curls right? Right! I didn’t notice a huge difference day 1, but by day 3 of the Bio:Renew regimen I noticed super free and flowy natural looking curls. I would definitely recommend this product!
Christine D.
[product:herbal-essences-bio-renew-cucumber-and-green-tea-dry-shampoo-4.93-oz.-aerosol-can] Which one is your favorite?