Google Earth uploaded by Hiba J.

BY GOOGLE #43 in Apps

Fly around the planet with a swipe of your finger with Google Earth for iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. Explore distant lands or reacquaint yourself with your childhood home. Search for cities, places, and businesses. Browse layers including roads, borders, places, photos and more. Visit the Earth Gallery to find exciting maps such as real-time earthquakes, planes in flight, hiking trails, city tours, and more. Integrated Google Maps Street View allows you to explore the world at street level. Use the new “tour guide” to easily discover exciting new places to explore. With a quick swipe on the tab at the bottom of the screen, you can bring up a selection of virtual tours from around the globe. With new 3D imagery, you can now fly through complete 3D recreations of select cities, including San Francisco, Boston, Rome, and others. With every building modeled in 3D, you truly get a sense of flying above the city. 3D imagery is available on iPhone 4S and iPad 2 or later.

Serendipity D.
Kinda creepy that you can see the past depending on when the last time the Google car went by.
It actually helped us when we looked for a new place to live. We wereable to check out a region Without wasting money on gas or time on the drive.
By the time we had the money ready we had picked out3 properties and within a week sold and boughtbour new home across the state 8hrs away.
It really has great research abilities!!
Emily H.
Google Earth is a very fun and detailed way to view places all around the world! It is a digital map that is a compilation of photographs to show visuals of places you're looking for. It's a great way to look ahead when you are going somewhere new or if you're curious about a famous landmark. I've found myself spending hours virtually traveling around the world with Google Maps.
shana r.
Stone Mtn, GA
Google Earth is probably the best directions app that I have used. It shows you the streets by satellite gives you turn by turn directions and also gives you traffic information. I think it's a more useful app than any other direction app being the fact that they show you the actual street through the satellite so with Google Earth could never get lost.
Debi C.
Paso Robles, CA
I use Google Earth  daily in my job. It's nice to know where I am sending my inspector's, before I actually send them. I also like the feature that let's me scroll in and out on a property to see how big the house REALLY is. I would recommend this to anyone who likes to travel without leaving the house, as you can use it for anywhere in the world!
Heidi H.
prospect, NY
Google earth is ok but sometimes gives a lot of problems. You put in a address and sends you to the other side of the world. When it is working right it is amazing. You can see right down to the vehicles in the driveway and the people in the pools.
Teresa N.
Silver Spgs, FL
Techie Expert Level 2
Google Earth is awesome. My husband has shown me the hous he was born in, he took me to the Army base he was stationed at in Germany and more. We have taken so many trips and never left the couch or got dressed even. I love being able to explore the world from my couch. We have actually made real trip plans using Google Earth.
Carissa O.
Techie Expert Level 1
I live google earth. You literally can pick anywhere and see either terrain type versions or satellite pictures of any area. It really comes in handy for me sometimes when trying to plan routes ahead of time or to get an idea of an area before I go. You can even do street view to look around, it's pretty cool and I'd recommend it.
megan p.
Bedford, TX
Love being able to see around the world without actually traveling. Also neat to look back on where I use to live and see how things have changed. Easy to use and put in any address and it'll send you to the place you want to see
Christiana E.
Columbiaville, MI
Google Earth is extremely helpful for those of us that are more visual. I find that it's easier for me to find where I'm going if I know what the house and/or building looks like. Because of this Google Earth has helped me easily locate several places in proximity to my home and my job.
Beth P.
Missouri City
I LOVE Google Earth. I can spend hours and hours exploring the Earth, seeing places I've never been, and just looking to see what other places look like. If I'm going somewhere new and think I may get lost, I use Google Earth to get a visual of where I'm going ahead of time.
Reba E.
San Diego, CA
What did they use to take all these photos?
Sharon R.
Winthrop, MA
Why do you personally use this?