BY GIVENCHY

A deep black mascara that creates a lash extension effect & buildable volume, thanks to its innovative 90° bendable brush. Lashes are deeply reached from the root up to unlimited lengths!

Apply your mascara like a pro following Givenchy's Makeup Artistic Director, Nicolas Degennes' tips:

1. Givenchy presents the new vertical gesture. Bend to 90° by pressing wand against the top of the container to reach lashes from the root up. Then brush them up in a zig zag motion from the root to the tips for unlimited length & definition.

2. Unbend the brush to create a buildable volume.

For an even bolder result, apply Base Mascara Perfecto before your Noir Interdit Mascara.

Buy on Sephora*
Annie F.
I own every mascara Givenchy has made in the past few years, because I love them all! They smell incredible, they last forever, they're easy to remove but won't sweat or flake off through the day, and the packaging is sleek and beautiful. This mascara's flexible wand is so cool because you can customize the angle at which you apply the 'scara and it really lengthens and thickens my lashes. You need this!
Jenn D.
Sacramento, CA
This mascara is SO good!!! I honestly don't play around with too many mascaras because I already have my favorites (Too Faced BTS & Loreal Voluminous) but this is definitely a new favorite! If you're familiar with either of those mascaras you'll know that the formula for both of them is on the dry side, which I personally love. I hate waiting a few weeks to a month for a mascara to "get good," I want my mascara to be good when I buy it! This is a lot like those mascaras because it's on the dry side which means it doesn't leave a bunch of blobs of product on your lashes or cause them to stick together or clump up. This is actually better than BTS & Voluminous when it comes to clumping.. I applied like four coats the other day and it still didn't clump, it was great! It adds a LOT of the length to the lashes so if that's something you're looking for, this would be great for you! It adds volume, too, you just have to build it up to get them as thick as you want. I usually only apply two thin coats and I'm really happy with it! Oh, and it smells AMAZING!! I've never had a scented mascara before.. I didn't even know they made them but I love that they do! The big gimmick for this mascara is obviously the wand which I DID like but I'm so used to using a regular wand that it didn't make that dramatic of a difference for me. If you're a beginner or just tend to make a mess when you're putting on mascara this would probably be a miracle for you, though, so it's worth a buy! I would definitely recommend it to beginners or pros!
Nayab N.
This is something that's unique and unlike anything else that I've ever tried before. I don't actually call it the Givenchy Noir Interdit mascara when talking about it lol, I just call it the Givenchy mascara with the broken wand, because that's exactly what it looks like and makes for quite an intriguing conversation.

Coming on to the mascara - here's how I feel about it -

Is the wand a gimmick?

The wand while unique, is not useless at all. Usually with gimmicky products, that's all they are, gimmicky, but this one serves it's purpose well.

Can I use it like a normal mascara?

The wand can be used like a regular mascara, or twisted at a 90 degree angle to ensure you reach all the lashes in the inner corner.

Do the plastic-y bristles hurt?

The bristles on the mascara wand are only on one side, so the other side is basically completely bare which is very different but when it comes to the bristles, there's one thing I have to mention. They are kinda harder than your average mascara bristle meaning that if you're not careful they will hurt a bit so keep an eye out for that.

Does the formula give volume or length?

The formula itself is not thick, it hasn't dried out a bit in the almost 2 months that I've been using it. When it comes to how it performs, this lengthens my lashes wonderfully and if coated a few times, gives it ample volume too. If you're into lengthening luxury mascaras, then this is the one for you.

Is the 90 degree wand easy to use?

I'll be honest, don't try this mascara out the first time you're heading out because you need a bit of practice to master it, but once you do, you'll be glad you can reach your inner corner lashes without stabbing your eye and all your lower lashes without making a mess!

Do I recommend it?

If you're in the market for a luxury mascara, I'd give this a go.
Kelly L.
Salyersville, KY
I was thankful enough to receive this mascara complimentary
for review from Influenster.  This is the
first Givenchy product I have ever tried and am now interested in trying
more.  I enjoy this mascara quite a
bit.  I definitely have pros and cons to
this product, though.  I think the wand
is innovative.  It’s a cool design, but
there is quite a bit of a learning curve involved.  I tend to really try to coat my lashes,
starting at the root, so the first time I tried this mascara, I pretty much
stabbed my eye.  The wand is rather sharp
too, so you’ve got to be careful when adjusting to the different design because
it actually hurts worse than a typical mascara wand.  The formula is actually pretty great.  It has lasted throughout the day for me, even
in the blistering heat, without flaking or smearing onto my cheeks.  It separated my lashes and lengthened some, I
just prefer a more voluminous appearance.
I feel as though this mascara is more natural than most of the looks I
am going for.  The mascara also has a
strong rose scent.  Weirdly enough, I don’t
have a great sense of smell, so I wasn’t bothered by it.  But I can definitely see those sensitive to
smells being effected.  The packaging is
absolutely gorgeous.  It’s weighty and
feels luxurious, which it should, since it costs almost $30.  That is probably my biggest problem with
mascara.  For $29, that is even more
expensive than your typical higher-end mascara.
And for me, it’s not practical, so it’s not something that I will be
repurchasing.  I will definitely use all
of the tube, but that’s it.  The wand is cool,
but somewhat gimmicky.  It ended up
taking me longer to be more gentle and precise while trying to master the
technique.  And if I get used to using
mascara in this way, it’s just going to limit my abilities when I try other
brands, so in the long run, it’s not going to be my best option.  Now, if you’ve got the money and you’re
looking for a good, more natural, mascara in beautiful packaging, go for
it!  You won’t be disappointed.  Just don’t think that the extra cost of this
mascara is going to change your world, because it’s not.  It is lovely to look at though!

My Beautiful Flaws ..
Oakland, TN
I was really excited to try out this mascara and see if it was truly worth the hype. I love the innovative wand design. The 90 degree applicator makes it easy to grab onto smaller, stray lashes. I like the applicator brush. It helps keep the lashes separated without clumping them together, which is technically an attribute of the formula also. That's where my love for this mascara ends though. Because this isn't a waterproof formula, I found that it transferred to my lower eye area within a few hours. The mascara formula itself was pretty thin, which is good because it doesn't clump, but the problem is that it didn't provide any volume and length. I was able to build it up a little with multiple coats but not much. Honestly this didn't perform any better than an average drugstore mascara. For the additional cost of a high end mascara, I expect it to make my lashes pop and look voluminous. Finally, my biggest frustration of all was the heavy rose fragrance added to this product. I understand that some cosmetic companies add fragrance to mask the chemical smell in some products. However they are typically light and fresh, as not to be offensive or trigger migraines in people who have issues with heavy scents. In my opinion, a heavy rose perfume scent does not belong in mascara or any other product being applied to the eyes. Overall, this product is a pass for me. It would be nice for a natural daily look if they would remove the scent and make a waterproof version.

Peggah E.
This Givenchy mascara is overall a fine product, but it doesn’t offer the drama and effects I’d expect from such a high end product and brand.

I was curious about the mascara because of the unique brush—it has a hinge on the brush that allows it to bend at a 90 degree angle. I believe it’s supposed to allow for more precision and control, and a way to make sure the lashes on the corners of your eyes get a good distribution of product. Overall, I thought that the hinge and 90 degree brush were actually kind of gimmicky and didn’t help me out much. I found it easier and more effective to just use the brush like a regular mascara wand and keep it straight. That being said, this is probably largely influenced by my eye shape and positioning so I’m sure it is different for others even though I personally didn’t find it useful.

The mascara creates volume and keeps lashes defined and fluffy, but doesn’t do a lot in terms of length and curl. I was a little disappointed at first—one coat of mascara does very little for me. I was satisfied when I layered multiple coats of this Givenchy mascara over a mascara base or primer however. But for a one-step mascara, I find Diorshow to be a lot more effective and give fluttery, dramatic lashes with much less effort. Overall, it isn’t a bad product, but it’s just not what I’m looking for and other products on the market perform better for me.
Raven G.
Aliso Viejo, CA
This is crazy good!! Lashes look thick, long and lush. Love the brush & ease of use- I didn’t get it free but went to Sephora and bought it! So you know hard earned cash was spent- worth every penny! Would buy again.
Cassandra M.
Manvel, TX
I was a little skeptical when I first received Givenchy s Noir Interdit mascara. I love to try new things but the new 90 degree brush is so insanely different than anything I've used before!
On first sight, the packaging was gorgeous and the brush was easy to maneuver to the 90 degree angle.
I applied one coat and was very happy with the results. I prefer a more natural look during the day and one coat did just that. My lashes were lengthened and defined-not too thick and definitely not clumpy.
For a night look, this mascara is super buildable to add some vavavoom to your look.
This mascara is absolutely worth trying!
Jelena S.
Givenchy products have never failed me. Their packaging and product innovation are truly incredible. Packaging is super luxurious. Their 90 degree brush is something that makeup artist have been using for a while - I remember applying makeup on others when we used disposable wands we would always make a curve since it is so much easier to reach even the tiny lashes and it pushes them up nicely. Noir interdit formula is really good - not too wet but not dry either. It is easily buildable so based on preference you can go from soft everyday look to more dramatic lashes. I would do two coats since i like more volume. No smudging or flaking throughout the day even in the heat and humidity I have tried other Givenchy mascaras that were also very good too but this one is the best so far. Can not wait to try their lash primer too! Great job Givenchy. I received this complimentary from Influenster for testing purposes.
Amanda P.
When I saw what this wand looked like, I literally rolled my eyes. "If it's not broke, don't fix it!" Then I used it. And I didn't get any mascara on my eyelids (a common occurance for me). I also didn't have to extend my arms as far when I was putting it on. I know that might sound silly or trivial to some, but for me and my lazy self, it made a difference!
The formula was also surprisingly good! It has more of a wet consistency which allowed me to really separate my lashes. No clumps! The lengthening quality was definitely there (not a lot of added volume, but no biggie for me).
The packaging is BEAUTIFUL. It has a great weight to it and just feels expensive...because it is...
As for the lasting power, I wore it multiple times through the whole day and had no problems with it transferring. A miracle, as I have oily lids and under eyes.
My ONE COMPLAINT is the perfume-y smell that lingers a little too long. I am very sensitive to smell, and although my sister tried this and had no issue with it, I didn't love it. Maybe if it smelled different? The scent didn't cause any reactions, though, so maybe I'm just being overly picky...
Bottom Line: I recommend this mascara to people who like lengthening mascara, who appreciate beautiful packaging and an innovative wand design, and who want something that'll last through the day.
Michele R.
Greenville, NC
Is it worth buying or I'm better off getting a drugstore mascara?
Amber O.
Does the bent brush make it any easier to apply the product or is it about the same as a regular mascara brush?
How does the bendable brush improve the application?
corry p.
Valley Stream, NY
Does it come in more colors than black
Melissa C.
Phoenix, AZ
Givenchy Noir Interdit Mascara Who has used this??