BY FENTY BEAUTY BY RIHANNA #2 in Liquid Foundation

Give it to me quick: A soft matte, longwear foundation with buildable, medium to full coverage, in a boundary-breaking range of 40 shades.

Tell me more: Finally — the ultimate photo filter in foundation form.  Born in 40 boundary-breaking shades, Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation gives skin an instantly smooth, pore-diffused, shine-free finish that easily builds to medium to full coverage. The oil-free formula is made with climate-adaptive technology that's resistant to sweat and humidity, and won't clog pores so that wherever you are, it's going to work on your skin. Best of all, this longwearing, light-as-air texture is undetectable on skin — so you always look like you.

How’d we do it?

• Obsessive research to create the perfect range of shades for all
  • Exclusive insights from the world’s top makeup artists
  • Extensively tested for real life, on real women

We figured out that it takes the right balance of tone and texture to make foundation work on every skin type. We obsessed over custom pigment levels to capture your truest tones with a soft matte finish that’s just right—not too matte and not too shiny. The result? A comfortable longwear formula that lets skin look like skin. Made for all women to love.

Shade-Finding Tips:

• Always shake before use to activate.
  • Pro Filt’r’s rich pigments need a moment to dry down to their truest color, so when you're testing shades, remember to let the formula dry completely to find your perfect match.
  • Deciding between two shades? Try the lighter shade.

Fenty Beauty is 100% cruelty free.

Ingredients:AQUA/WATER/EAU, DIMETHICONE, TALC, PEG-10 DIMETHICONE, TRIMETHYLSILOXYSILICATE, POLYPROPYLENE, ISODODECANE, CETYL PEG/PPG-10/1 DIMETHICONE, NYLON-12, HDI/TRIMETHYLOL HEXYLLACTONE CROSSPOLYMER, PHENOXYETHANOL, SODIUM CHLORIDE, HYDROGEN DIMETHICONE, GLYCERIN, MAGNESIUM SULFATE, SODIUM DEHYDROACETATE, DISTEARDIMONIUM HECTORITE, ALUMINUM HYDROXIDE, METHICONE, BENZOIC ACID, DEHYDROACETIC ACID, PROPYLENE CARBONATE, ETHYLHEXYLGLYCERIN, PARFUM/FRAGRANCE, SILICA, BIOSACCHARIDE GUM-4, ANANAS SATIVUS (PINEAPPLE) FRUIT EXTRACT, CARICA PAPAYA (PAPAYA) FRUIT EXTRACT, PAULLINIA CUPANA SEED EXTRACT, POTASSIUM SORBATE, SORBIC ACID. MAY CONTAIN/PEUT CONTENIR (+/-): TITANIUM DIOXIDE (CI 77891), IRON OXIDES (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499).

• Comparison to what other foundation?1 Answers
  • I have a tester for this that my friend picked up, I want to orde...5 Answers
  • What do you guys think about the FENTY BEAUTY by Rihanna Pro Filt...1 Answers
Buy on Sephora*
Ashley A.
Potomac, MD
Review for: 190 more...
I have finally collected enough thoughts on this foundation, after wearing it a solid 4 days (24/7). Just for reference and so you do not waste your time reading, I have crazy combination skin with a hell of an oily t-zone and dry patches, my skin has large pores that could swallow you whole, some blemishes, scarring, my skin is dull like Kylie Jenner and medically treated (also like Kylie Jenner's lips)(hellz yeah), so my "holy grail" foundations are clinique matte foundation, tartes bb/primer (whatever they were trying to do there), and actually the new too faced peaches and cream matte foundation (I am surprised too), so if those work this might be worth your read. So I had to try this foundation with a billion to one primers, smashbox, benefit, makeup forever, elf, and yes even Puer hydrating primer (whatever that brand is). Given, I did not use it with the Queen's new primer but I just did not have a lot of luck with this foundation and my holy grail primers, which makes me blame the foundation. I had the most success with a hydrating primer, which also sucked because I am oily af. Anyway, I wanted to LOVE this foundation so so badly and maybe I set the bar too high. Its not awful, at 34$ pretty fair. The pros: color range and match is astonishing, the foundation looks good on camera ( but just not in person if that makes sense). It feels like a second skin forrealz. Your blush, highlighter and bronzer will last forever and ever with this foundation, which is so cool. Now, the cons: This stuff stuck to all the bad dry patches, like holy cow (I have a great skin care routine and have v clear skin after years) and this was just awful. It is NOT a full coverage foundation, your blemishes WILL show. Even worse was that it like sunk into my fine lines and I am literally 22, I am not suppose to have fine lines yet. I had the best luck with a wet beauty blender to even it out but it feels like it sinks into some spots very quickly. I could not for the life of me use a brush, I used my f80 and my it cosmetics airbrush and it was awful, wouldn't blend at all and dried everything out. I also look like sick/really do look like I am wearing make-up with this foundation and I actually prefer an all natural/flawless look. On camera I look airbrushed though (well only with the right lighting I should say), which is great, so I guess if you just need something to snapchat with, this is the foundation for you. I really can't say I hate it but it is really tricky to try to figure out if the pros outweigh the cons. Solid three stars.
Jennie I.
Review for: 100 more...
Let me preface this by saying, this foundation did not work as a standalone product for me whatsoever. I would rather wear no foundation than wear this at this point in the year. Here I go again with my unpopular opinions... I have combo/oily skin, so naturally I was super excited to try out this foundation, since it's water based with a matte finish. I've got a lot of ground to cover here, so we'll just start with the negatives first:

This foundation upon application is difficult for me  to build up without it "picking up" and starting to get patchy, I have tried using different brushes, sponges, you name it and nothing works. To me, this is definitely medium coverage.  I have also tried this foundation with many different serums, moisturizers, primers, and even the Fenty primer, but my skin always looks so dry and textured when I wear this.  I'm almost 25 and lean more towards the oily side, so I can't imagine how this must work for drier or more mature skin types if this happens to me.  Lastly, this just does not stay on my skin more than a few hours and I don't tend to have major issues with wear.

Onto the positives:

the shade range is amazing! Thank you, RiRi for making a brand for everyone! Shade 100 is a great match for me and I absolutely love the undertone, it is perfect for me. I have also found that this is pretty decent to mix with other foundations. Fenty + Wet N Wild photo focus foundation make an amazing combination, which is odd considering I don't like either of those foundations as standalone products, go figure!

All in all, I realize that I might just have issues with this because of my skin type. It just doesn't work for me and I wanted to give this an honest and fair review for anyone else who might have a similar skin type.
Erin L.
ALEXANDRIA, VA
Review for: 200 more...
OK ladies. I am White with some American Indian. I have darker skin. I also have Vitilgo. I have struggled for MONTHS to find the right coverage that would help me blend the parts on my face where it is the worst. I have very dark chin area and veryyyy light cheeks and under my eyes. I was using make up forever brand prior. I went into Sephora with a co-worker who swore by Fenty. I was a little skeptical. I had grabbed a sample bottle and then asked Sephora to test it on my neck to ensure that it was the right match. The color match was literally PERFECT. I swear that it was made for me.

Application- it does dry- really quick. No contouring with this if you are into that. I am terrible and honestly- don't know or don't care how to do that. So, perfect. It goes on so smooth. It dries almost into a powder. I feel like I am not even wearing foundation at all. The price is obviously cheaper than Make up forever which is kind of what grabbed me to try it. The pump bottle is nice (though I have not reached the end of it).

I like that it 'dries" in comparison to other brands that if you touch your face and then touch a piece of paper you smear foundation all over it at work. I do not have that problem anymore. I really truly love this foundation and the wear that I get from it. May not be for everyone but I would say best foundation out there!!!
Sami W.
Corpus Christi, TX
Review for: 210 more...
Well, I am giving it 2 stars for the range of colors, and how it feels like second skin... and in pictures you look great. However, applying it is somewhat of a nightmare.... it dries quickly so pretty much you have to count liquid contour out. for me at least. I had to stick with just powders. It made me look sick I don't know how to explain it properly, but I looked like I didn't have any features... which made me apply heavier makeup (eyes, lips, bronzer, and contour) to even it out. it looked great for pictures, but looked too much in person during the day. it also seemed to outline my few breakouts, and pick out my large pores more... i was more self conscious about my skin and makeup than without.  I really wanted to like this product with it's shinning reviews. Go RiRi for making it possible for my melanin beauties to love their flawless makeup match! Just didn't work for me unfortunately. The price is very fair for the product, at least give it a try. I juggled with a few shades to try to get it right, guess my skin just doesn't agree with this foundation. GOODLUCK ladies... and gentlemen. <3
Abi D.
Haworth, NJ
Review for: 110 more...
I really wanted to love this because I have oily, acne prone skin and had heard great things. I also cool undertones.

This foundation was very watery out of the bottle and dried super fast, I would say it has a liquid to powder finish. The coverage was alright but nothing amazing, it layered okay but its defiantly not full coverage.

My biggest issue was that I felt like this foundation emphasized my texture, especially my pores. No matter how I applied my foundation; using the fenty primer, no primer (which is how I typically wear my foundation), moisturizing primers, and pore filling primers I just couldn't get the finish to look how I wanted. The best was with the pore filling primers but even then I wasn't thrilled.

The application was very difficult too. I tried multiple brushes and sponges and it was really hard to get even coverage. I always have a hard time getting foundation to stick to my nose, and this foundation was no exception. One one attempt I had a spot treatment on underneath my moisturizer and the foundation caught and was uneven on those spots.

I have pale skin and red undertones so when I saw a 110 had a cool undertone I was excited but 110 was too light for me but the only other cool toned color in the light range was 170 which was far too tanned. Granted I have worn foundations with the wrong undertone before but I just didn't feel inclined to get a different undertone if I didn't like the finish.

I didn't try pairing the foundation with cream products but powders went on very nicely.

Rylee D.
Jacksonville, FL
Review for: 140 more...
I am a stickler for foundation, I do not think a look is complete without the right foundation. I have tried endless foundations (Marc jacobs, Napoleon Perdis, makeup forever, Bobbi brown, Mac, L’Oréal, you name it... I’ve probably tried it) surprisingly my go to foundations lately have been Marc jacobs marvelous mousse ($55) and Anastasia’s stick foundation. Both are great, excellent buildable coverage, which is exactly what I was looking for with this foundation. I’ve heard and seen a lot of great things about this stuff so i had high hopes to begin with and let me tell you, I was not let down. First of all I have dry/normal skin that gets a bit oily in my t zone occasionally. I have very light skin with yellow and red undertones and I found 140 to match me best. I did purchase the primer because i do generally believe it was made to accent the foundation and it does a beautiful job! I use argain/vitamin e oil drops on my face first, then apply the primer, then apply the foundation using a beauty blender. I apply one section at a time, because it does dry fairly quickly. As far as patchiness people might be experiencing, I found that the foundation did get patchy if I applied it to my dry face (no primer, oil) but I was able to blend it out evenly and it looked just as nice just a little more time consuming. Overall, I’m in LOVE with this foundation. I think rih did an amazing job. I even fell asleep with this stuff on my face, and was pleasantly surprised to find my face was still looking good when I woke up. It sits on my skin beautifully, and I really believe the primer makes a huge difference and is worth the buy to get the full effect! **ALSO- I am pregnant and break outs are something I’ve never had to deal with all my life and now my face is always breaking out. Not just a little but a lot, and I love the way this foundation takes care of those imperfections and it does not feel like I’ve caked makeup on my face in any way. Almost feels powdery.**
Erica G.
Woodland
Review for: 220 more...
Edited: I did end up trading this away. Although I loved it for the first few weeks, I noticed small things that I didn't like. Although the color match was great, it seemed to start to wear off more than I'd like. Around my chin and nose it would start to break apart and separate, and I do not have oily skin. It's a shame because I really thought this was amazing, but it just ended up not working for me.

I had several samples of this foundation before I bought this, and have been wearing it daily

for about a week or so, and I can honestly say that I believe this is my new HG foundation.

For reference, I am in my late 30s, with dry skin somewhat prone to breakouts, some redness and my main concern in a foundation is not settling into lines and not wearing off throughout a full day. This foundation checks every box I have and more.  I have tried every foundation they sell I think, and my immediate former favorite was laura mercier fusion.

I have applied with both a beauty blender and a brush, but I think the brush gives me the more full coverage I want. I use about a pump and a half, and press into skin with a flat top kabuki, then press a bit more on forehead and around jaw with a damp beauty blender to completely even and blend, and this is magical. It just seems to melt into my skin, but leaves a completely flawless finish. I blend a small amount softly around my eyes and I can skip concealer completely. As long as they sell this I will be buying it  The amount you get for the price point is really good too, unless you're completely caking every day, this bottle should last you for a few months at least. I have tried double layering it and found that that was too much, the amount of coverage I get from one well blended layer works beautifully.

I could see how some people with dry skin could dislike this, but I always moisturize before any makeup, so I didn't encounter any problems. I have tried this with hourglass, too faced, becca, and bobbi brown primers and it worked well over all of them, no real change in appearance. I don't know how it would perform without a primer because I never go without one.  A couple of times I forgot to set with a spray, and it still didn't budge, I'm not even sure if it needs a setting spray.

I would recommend this to anyone.
Shantel T.
Las Vegas , NV
Review for: 420 more...
I'm in love with this foundation Rihanna clearly did her research and took her time with formulating this bomb foundation. I was more than excited and ecstatic when I heard The Collection Fenty Beauty would have 40 shades to choose from. For woman of color that would give us more options for yellow, golden, and red undertones. When I went to Sephora I tried 410 and 420 for the shades I could potentially purchase. 410 was perfect for winter if I want to go a shade down from what I normally wear but 420 was a more perfect shade because I have a red undertone to my complexion. I'm darker too because I live in Vegas. It's still 102 and it's September so my skin is more golden red due to being in the sun. I'm glad I got my hands on the last one. The foundation was selling out quickly. It was a long line out the door of Sephora. I even went on Sephora's website and all the deeper darker shades were completely sold out. Rihanna has set the bar high for other companies to take note that a variety of colors matter. When I tried this foundation on in the store I noticed it's super light weight like nothing was even in my face. It doesn't give you a cake face it's not heavy. It gives you more of a natural look . It's lighter coverage than I'm used to. I generally use Inglot or Lancome for my foundation. This foundation feels good your skin can breathe under the foundation. It's medium coverage that's perfect for sensitive, normal, dry, or combination skin. It's oil free formula is made with climate-adaptive technology that’s resistant to sweat and humidity, and won’t clog pores so that wherever you are, it’s going to work on your skin. Best of all, this longwearing, light-as-air texture is undetectable on skin—so you always look like you. 100% cruelty free and no parabens, phthalates. Make sure you shake the bottle really well before applying it. Also let the foundation dry down to get the perfect match.
jordan r.
Mahopac, NY
Review for: 210 more...
This is a beautiful foundation, I do have to give it that! Very long lasting and the shade range is so amazing! It sets well on the skin and is really my skin color! Matches great!

It applies well with both a beauty blender and a brush I have used both. I do think I like the beauty blender better though.

The coverage is great and really sinks into the skin nicely.

My only problem is, is that I have dry skin. So with that and this being a matte foundation, if I don’t use a hydrating primer and good moisturizer before I apply this, it doesn’t look right on my skin. The first time using it I didn’t do that and I got so upset cause I wanted to like this foundation. Once I played with it more I now found what works for me and my skin. I use a hydrating and glowing primer or moisturizer underneath and that does the trick. It still sets matte on me but doesn’t make me look even more dry.

It lasts me all day and I have gotten so many compliments using this foundation.

What I do love is that it drys to natural looking that you really don’t even need to set it! All I set sometimes is my under eye concealer!

I would so get this product again!

Kristina R.
Review for: 130 more...
Purchased this today at Sephora because they were sold out of a different foundation that I wanted. I've heard good things about Fenty Foundation and the sales rep was hyping it up so I gave it a try. It was okay in store but when I applied it at home it was a nightmare. I turned around and returned it. Likes: lots of shades, never had that great of a color match. Full coverage and soft when dried. Packaging was cute and pumped out nicely.
Dislikes and reason for return: very patchy application, tried with morphe brush, crown brush and original beauty blender sponge all could not blend it in enough. Made my skin flake like crazy very drying and heavy feeling on my face. Magnified my pores to a size I've never seen before. This foundation should be applied with a brush to very moisturized skin, if you have a drier face, even in small areas i wouldn't recommend this foundation.

If Fenty comes out with a dewy version I may give that a try, the color match was unreal!
Beth-Ann S.
How does this foundation work for dry skin? I'm worried it may dry me out.
paola m.
Antioch, TN
AMAZING COLORS! for what kind of skin is this recommended?
Caitlin R.
Audrey W.
Has anyone got their hands on any Fenty beauty products? If so what are your thoughts?
sarah m.
Middlesbrough, Middlesbrough
FENTY BEAUTY by Rihanna Pro Filt'r Soft Matte Longwear Foundation - **HONEST REVIEWS** good: bad or over hyped?