BY ENTERPRISE RENT-A-CAR #1 in Rental Car Companies

Enjoy fast and easy car rental bookings from Enterprise Rent-A-Car at one of our 7200 branches in cities, airports and neighborhoods near you.

• Does anyone know the age requirement to rent a car?12 Answers
  • Do you use your own insurance or do they have their own?9 Answers
  • Would you recommend Enterprise to others?54 Answers
Enterprise Rent-A-Car
  • "customer services varies based on which location you go to, I've had one location tell me one thing and a location up the street say something totally different. " in 46 reviews
  • "I have not rented a car from them because i have been able to find lower rates elsewhere, but i have purchased a car from them and they give you GREAT deals on very well taken car of cars and they have great customer service!" in 19 reviews
  • "The few times that we travel we tend to use enterprise as we have found decent rates with them and the vehicles are always clean. " in 12 reviews
  • "I had a really good experience, but I was disappointed that I got a smaller car than I anticipated based on what was in stock." in 11 reviews
  • "This is a great place for rental car at least when it is provided by your car insurance or some one elses :) they are very friendly and have good customer service" in 10 reviews
Mary K.
Summerville, GA
If i could give this 0 stars I would. My car was involved in an accident and my insurance covered the rental while it was being fixed. I have so many had things to say about my experience I'm not sure I have enough space. First, our car wasn't ready when we arrived even though we called twice ahead of time to make sure it was.. second, once it WAS ready, when we arrived at enterprise, they had made our reservation at another location.. almost an hour away.. once that was fixed everything was fine.. or so I thought. #4 before I left enterprise after I asked when I needed to have the vehicle returned i was told that due to it being through insurance they would give me a call on the day it needed to be brought back. So I double checked to make sure they had all of my information correct, they did. 6th I never received the call, and when I called to ask them I was told that my insurance covered up to $1500 and that it could last anywhere from 2-3 months, not to worry. 7th after 1 month I receive a call saying that the vehicle was supposed to be returned and that it had been reported stolen.. 8th I never received a phone call. Or anything from this company. I'm not sure how, but someone from the company had contacted my sister in law attempting to get in touch with me... needless to say, the car was returned and the report was dismissed as a misunderstanding. However I do not recommend this company and will not be using them again.
Leanne  D.
Austin, MN
My husband and I flew to Florida for our wedding. My family lives in Florida and we recently moved to Minnesota to be closer to his family but we chose to have our wedding in Florida. We booked a premium car so we would have something with good fuel economy that still looked nice. When we arrived to the enterprise location we booked, a man grabbed a few sets of keys and offered to show me what he had on site but because it was raining he listed them off for us first. We were offered a Jeep Cherokee, Dodge pickup of Ford Expedition. None of which get good fuel mileage and were not premium cars! Their reasoning for this to be acceptable is that the rental fees are higher for those larger vehicles. The cost didn’t matter to us though, it was the look and efficiency of the vehicle. We refused the offer and asked if any other locations had a premium car available. We sat in enterprise for over two hours waiting on a vehicle when finally another location offered a sports vehicle. My husband - the mechanic - asked all the specs of the cars they had and we agreed on the Camaro which worked out perfectly for us because it was white. What better color for a vehicle on our wedding day? I was very displeased with the service we received but glad we sorted it out into something better. I will probably use enterprise again but just beware that you may not get the type of vehicle you chose!
Jolene S.
Lititz, PA
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
I recently needed a rental car for a trip to Illinois from Pennsylvania and didn't trust my own car to get there safely. Through an online service I rented through Enterprise.

I chose a standard full size car and received a 2018 model Ford Fusion with about 2000 miles on it. It spoiled me. The car was clean and drove wonderfully. I didn't expect to receive something quite so brand new so I was extremely surprised.

The selection will vary from location to location but I'm confident the quality of rentals will remain consistent. I may not always get the latest and greatest model but most vehicles are going to be a huge improvement over my current model.

I opted for their full coverage insurance even though I'm already an insured driver. I didn't want to take the chance of something happening to such a nice car. But I never once felt pressured into opting for the more expensive option from their customer service agents. They gave me a run down of the features since bluetooth, back up cam, push button start, etc were all new features to me.

They offer competitive pricing and ended up being the cheapest rental company based on the daily fee before adding the insurance. I will recommend them and will rent from them again when needed.

They also offer their older rentals for sale. I imagine they have a high turnover of vehicles due to high mileage.
Desiree H.
Ft Oglethorpe, GA
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
The following opinions are mine and mine alone. I have used Enterprise for a rental car every time my car has been wrecked, I am 39 and have had my share aprecs when I was younger and when I liked having a fast red sports car. Anyway, I used Enterprise because that's who my insurance company worked with when my car got totaled, but it was very nice because they picked me up since I obviously needed a ride, and when I got there to rent a car that was already reserved for me, I handed my license over and the man at the counter noticed it was expired.. and they could not let me Rent A Car on an expired license. I was stranded there. So, he drove my rental car with me as a passenger over to the closest DMV and let me get my license renewed and drove us back to Enterprise and then I realized I would need a print out a copy of my bank statement and did not have a smartphone at the time to do anything like that so they let me use their computer and printer to do it which is something they do for everyone I believe. All in all, this man went above and beyond and took me to get my license while he did not have permission to do so, because he knew I needed the car and was in a rush and that I would be without a car if he just took me back home until I got it all worked out with no ride. It was very nice because I didn't have to beg for a ride to the DMV and I was able to get everything done quickly and be on my way with my rental car and they called to let me know when my insurance was going to quit paying and I was able to let them know every time we spoke that I still needed the car and they would call my insurance company on my behalf and make sure that it was paid for, then they would call me back and let me know the new date for me to turn it in, which I was able to get extended several times while my car was being worked on. I totally recommend this company and I will continue to use them in the future because of the GREAT CUSTOMER SERVICE!
laymashia b.
las vegas, NV
I recently had a bad experience with an Enterprise Rent a car in Las Vegas. When I picked it up it was the last vehicle available at any of the local locations due to several national  Basketball tournaments going on at the time.  The Employee informed me that I could not rent the vehicle without purchasing there insurance, although I told him that I had insurance and I even showed them my insurance card. Knowing that it was the last vehicle available at any location, I had no choice but to accept the terms. When It came time to return the vehicle, the location that I picked up from was closed, so i had to return to a different location. The manager came to do a walk around the car to check for damages and then informed me that I was lucky that I paid for their insurance because there was damage to the roof!?!? I did not damage the roof and the vehicle was parked in a garage. We do not have many rain storms her in Las Vegas and hail storms are super rare. I feel as if I was forced to pay for the insurance because someone had damaged it previously and it was not caught by the employee that checked it i prior to me renting it! I felt hustled after the check in manager told me that it was against policies to force the insurance sale! SHEESh! NEVER AGAIN!
Felicia S.
Spanish Fork, UT
My husband and I rented a car for our trip to Vegas. We rented a little Nissan Altima. When my husband went to pick up the car they “upgraded” us to a mini van. My husband told them no thanks and that we would like to stick with a smaller car. They turned around and told him it was the only car left...Seriously?! I hate when people use the upgrade card. Just be honest and say hey, this is the only car left. The perks of the car: a lot more room, heating/cooling vents in the back for my girls, not bad on gas. Downfalls: it was a really big car compared to what we are used to driving.
Overall. It wasn’t a terrible experience
Brittany S.
Terrible experience with their employees all around. We needed a vehicle to drive home from the airport (we flew into an airport four hours away from home as it was quite a bit cheaper). Before booking the rental, we verified with an employee over the phone that we would be able to rent said vehicle upon arriving off our final flight using just our debit card. Unfortunately, that information wasn't true. I also encountered an employee at the airport that day who must have been having a terrible day as well. Upon seeing my boyfriend's distraught reaction when he tried to get the car to drive home in, I approached to see what was happening. I was shooed off by the wave of her hand. And when I made it known how I didn't appreciate her actions as I was just trying to get some information, I was verbally attacked and called rude. When I asked her name, she kept stating "Disrespectful" as her name. Aside from the terrible customer service, the vehicles have always been clean and maintained anytime we have rented through this company. However, these encounters left a terrible taste in my mouth and I probably won't rent from Enterprise in the future unless absolutely necessary.
Carlos C.
Anaheim, CA
The last time I dealed with this service it was an interesting interaction. I went in to pickup a reservation I made online for an outing to Truckee, CA for an airshow they were hosting. The first time one of their associate's range me up he charged me $296 after all the extras and their hidden fee I had no idea off until, voíla, I was paying. Unfortunately, my card was declined, after ringing it up twice I backed away and called my bank outside the facility. I fixed whatever the issue was and tried again. The second associate that helped me charged me $284! Uhmm, weird, his colleague was next to him and he ushered not a single word about his initial charge. Why would he skimp me out of 12 bucks? After we got to the point where the second gentleman was about to swipe my card , the first man stepped in, stopped him and said out loud for the guests to hear, 'his card was declined last time I'll check him out'. As I said I fixed the problem and the Enterprise ambassador was 2-0. I checked out payed my fees and had no problems after dealing with a different associate than the first. I was a constant user and I have since stopped dealing with Enterprise since 07/2017.
Margaret S.
Phoenix, AZ
Globetrotter Expert Level 1
I was in an accident and was partnered with Enterprise for a rental car for a couple weeks. Things were quick and smooth. However, when I returned the car, there was damage to the front that wasn’t there when I dropped it off. This has never happened to me before. I was asked for my insurance information, but nothing was ever put through. That’s very shady to me. I’ve never had an issue with Enterprise before this. I would just suggest keeping photographs from the rental car when you turn it in. And by that, I mean when you park the car in the lot before you go inside to return it.
Laura P.
Blacksburg , VA
I use Enterprise frequently and they always aim to please. The rentals are SUPER nice and NEW!!! They are loaded with all the bells and whistles and you have an option to add XM radio or maps/directions. I get free upgrades about every time I rent and I earn points each time, as an Enterprise Plus member. Free to join, why not get points and offers. I’ve already accumulated enough points for 3 free rental days. They offer weekend rates, which is an awesome deal. $12.99/day 400 miles (Fri-Mon) how sweet a deal is that?!?!
Michela D.
Eagle River, AK
Globetrotter Expert Level 3
Would you recommend Enterprise to others?
Hayley S.
Geneva, IL
How old do you have to be in order to rent a car?
Gabrina T.
Barstow, CA
Globetrotter Expert Level 2
Never use enterprise before do people drive you around or you rent the car and drive it
Lois A.
San Jose, CA
Globetrotter Expert Level 3
How old do you have to be to rent a car from this service?
Ambar D.
Hollywood, MD
If something happened, like an accident, could I use my own insurance or...?