BY DRUNK ELEPHANT #62 in Facial Moisturizers

An antiaging vitamin B5 gel that replenishes, brightens, and improves the appearance of skin texture and tone while delivering intense moisture. B-Hydra™ is like a cool glass of water for your thirsty skin. Uniquely formulated with provitamin B and pineapple ceramide, it attracts and holds moisture to leave skin looking healthy and illuminated. Watermelon rind/apple/lentil complex provides up to 24 hours of hydration and significantly reduces the appearance of fine lines. Swertia chirata extract supports the appearance of skin thickness, and bearberry extract naturally brings antioxidant and skin-lightening properties to the formulation. Finally, sodium hyaluronate crosspolymer soaks in easily to provide unsurpassed moisture through the slow delivery of water. It also acts as a powerful antioxidant. This lightweight, hard-hitting gel is ideal for all skin types and maximizes the benefits of a daily moisturizer. Drabness, dryness, uneven texture, and fine lines appear diminished, and skin appears brighter and more youthful upon every application. It is formulated Without: - Parabens - Sulfates - Phthalates B-Hydra is formulated with molecular size and pH level in mind to penetrate the skin without disrupting the skin's balance. Drunk Elephant formulations only contain ingredients that benefit skin health and assist the formulation, keeping them safe and making them ideal for even the most sensitive skin. The brand is a supporter of IEF (International Elephant Foundation). Pro tip: vitamins B5 and C work together to deliver a load of benefits, so mix with D.E.'s C-Firma first thing in the morning. It can also be added to Umbra sunscreen for additional sheer luminosity. When combined with with Virgin Marula Oil, it creates an addictive blend that attacks dryness and dehydration from every angle. And don't forget to try mixing with foundation for extra glow and ease of application. You'll be reaching for it multiple times a day.

Buy on Sephora
Kim M.
I have normal to dry sensitive skin (used to be very dry) and when I started using Drunk Elephant I had this mini in a bundle with C Firma. When I used up the minis I bought a full size of the vitamin c serum but figured I could find a cheap alternative to this because of how many hyaluronic acid and vitamin b5 serums are out there. I used The Ordinary Hyaluronic Acid 2% + B5 1 oz/ 30 mL for a few months but my skin just wasn't as hydrated and my skin was looking dull and my post acne marks were lingering longer than before. I decided to find a sale on B Hydra and I switched back and my skin was back to glowing and being plump and hydrated within a week. I love everything about the brand Drunk Elephant and I keep wanting some of their products to be passable so I can save some $$$ but I swear that once I try something it is just so transformative that I can't go without it. I used to have super sensitive skin that was always really broken out but now my skin glows and I get compliments all of the time and wear less makeup all because of this incredible, scientifically formulated skincare brand
Ashley R.
Shakopee, MN
When I met the brand rep for Drunk Elephant and she said her products were amazing, I thought she was just raving about her brand like other reps do. However, my co worker told me about her journey to clear up her facial acne and she mentioned that she used TLC from drunk elephant. At this time, my face was covered in cystic acne and I would try anything in order to calm my breakouts. TLC completely cleared my acne, but my face was still a bit oily form the humidity outside. I didn't want a moisturizer that was too heavy, but I still wanted something that was hydrating. All I can say is that this stuff is perfect for the summer! It hydrates the skin, but since its a gel, it doesn't leave you with a greasy appearance afterwards! I love you Drunk Elephant!
Sarah C.
Charlottesville, VA
I'd give this 2.5 if I could. On the one hand, it didn't harm my skin or irritate it in any way. The packaging is good - clean and keeps the ingredients stable. But on the other hand, it's quite pricey for something that makes no discernible improvement. When I use this, it's as a layer with other moisturizing products. It's not enough to use on its own. Frankly, the added moisture it provides seems temporary. An unnecessary step really, and a total waste given the price. I really love some DE products, but this is a dud for me.
Sheela V.
Finally got my hands on this at Sephora. B-hydra isn't too great on its own in my experience. It works awesome as an add-on with other moisturizers or DE products. In the morning I wash with the pekee bar and use one pump of b-hydra and one pump of day serum. At night I wash with pekee again (still need to get the juju bar) and use one pump of night serum with one pump of b-hydra.
Kaitlin O.
Columbia, MO
This moisturizing gel works in so many ways, I'm obsessed. It's lightweight so it can be used at anytime of the day and anytime in your routine. It works as a "skincare primer", using it before your serums and moisturizers will only benefit you and make your other products work better, or as a regular moisturizer depending on your skin type. My favorite thing to do with this gel is layering! Only reason I gave 4 stars is because for me in the colder months, using this as my only moisturizer wasn't enough hydration.
Brandi R.
Macclenny, FL
I love the DE brand and have tried a number of their products (my favorite so far being the TLC Framboos serum) which have all been great. This was no exception. It didn't have a strong scent, applied smoothly and hydrated my skin. The only reason I didn't give it five stars is because it didn't do anything extraordinary...if I'm paying DE prices I want an almost-miracle! But if you're just looking for hydration, this is a great straightforward product.
Monica I.
Maspeth, NY
LOVEEEEEEEEEEE! It is gel formulated so it is light, absorbs quickly, brightens the skin, and keeps it hydrated it. I have included this in my morning skincare routine and night skincare routine. My skin drinks it up. I live in NYC and currently it is freezing out here leaving my skin on the drier side but this keeps my skin supple and moisturized. Would recommend if you're looking for a serum that is not too heavy and does it's job!
Domynoe L.
Lawrenceville, GA
Received a sample in a Sephora sample bag. This is a very loose clear gel; when I first applied it, I thought I'd accidentally put on too much. But no: while it absorbed quickly and the initial stickiness went away, my skin felt smooth but not soft and moisturized. I applied more, and it felt the same. Some spots even felt like there was some kind of film over them. I eventually used another moisturizer over it. This definitely a fail for me
Adrienne S.
This product is weird in that it claims to be a "hydration gel," yet I've actually seen a few people complain that it dries them out. I never used this product on its own, without any other moisturizers, so it never dried me out, but I also didn't feel like it was anywhere near hydrating enough to be worth the price. Basically, it seemed like it just didn't do anything at all.
Matthew J.
Piggott, AR
This was my first ever Drunk Elephant product and it has definitely made me want to try more even given the price. It is very gentle and I have extremely sensitive skin. It helps my dry skin after I shave to prevent it from turning red or causing bumps. The bottle and pump are also perfect keeping it from being wasted and ruined by UV rays. I need to buy a backup.
What would everyone recommend for a moisturizer for dry skin. I’m thinking of trying drunk elephant! What’s your guys thoughts? Drunk Elephant B Hydra Intensive Hydration Gel
Isabel V.
How's this feel on your skin? a lot of gels feel icky
Thao N.
Dorchester, MA
How long does this product keep you hydrated and does it make you look glossy?
Melissa T.
Saint-Basile-le-Grand, QC
I wanted to know how was this product. I have really dry skin and whenever I apply my foundation my skin breaks because of dryness. I need a good product! Would you recommend this product and does it worth the price ?
Kirsten P.
W Hollywood, CA
How long does a bottle of this last?