BY COVERGIRL #31 in Mascara

Lashes get full-on length and definition with COVERGIRL Peacock Flare Mascara. A control grip handle gives you the precision to catch every lash as the feather-fan brush catches, coats and separates each lash for maximum effect. Peacock Flare Mascara is available in multiple shades of black.

• Who else is in this voxbox? I can't wait to test it out !6 Answers
  • What do you consider the number one mascara with volume length an...5 Answers
  • How and when will i get my voxbox im dying to get it 😭😭😭😭   Influ...5 Answers
Monika R.
Philadelphia, PA
Review for: Extreme Black more...
I received this product complimentary in the Covergirl Peacock Flare Voxbox in "Extreme Black" recently and I was so excited, I tried it the very next day!

MY DAILY EYE LOOK: I tightline under my top lashes, do a coat (max 2 but not likely) of mascara, and add a baby-baby wing with a liquid liner. That being said, the mascara I use is EVERYTHING in my daily eye look- it's the star of the show, the main thing you see when you look at my eyes.

MY REVIEW: I was NOT impressed by this mascara AT ALL. I have not found 1 CoverGirl mascara I like, so I had hope for this one since many other drugstore brands are stepping their game up but this one did nothing for me. They describe the brush as a "feather fan" but it's more like a prickly comb. When I think of feathers I think of something that is thicker, more plush. This brush did nothing special, hardly separated my lashes and the formula ended up making my lashes stick together. They also describe this formula as "lengthening" and "volumizing", two words I would not describe this mascara to be. It applied mediocre and the initial payoff was not worth me trying for another coat. I've even tried this on my lower lashes only and it still had little-to-no affect on them.

FOR REFERENCE: My natural lashes have an average volume and length but nearly 0 curl. I use the Shiseido eyelash curler with every mascara I end up putting on that day, and it gives me an amazing initial curl.

LAST THOUGHTS: I would not recommend this mascara to anyone that wants their natural lashes to be at their best. There are plenty of other drugstore mascaras lately that are comparable to prestige brands and this retailing at $7.99 at my local Target, I would just spend another $2.00 and get the other mascara we all hear a lot about ;) *cough cough* For now, I'll use this for a quick coat under my falsies.
Mallory C.
Kingsville, OH
Review for: Extreme Black more...
I wanted to show a side by side comparison of me not wearing mascara (left eye) vs me wearing @covergirl new Peacock Flare mascara (right eye) 🖤As you can see the Peacock Flare mascara really lifts up my lashes giving them beautiful length and separation. I didn't think I would be such a fan of this mascara since it has a plastic applicator but I like it a lot better than most of my high end mascaras. I have not noticed any clumping and the twisted wand applicator really gives you length, separation, and definition. Something else I really liked, if you look back to my first post on this, is the rubber control grip they've added to the top of the applicator. It makes it a lot easier to apply the product exactly where you want it. Something else I really liked was the ease of removal. I have very few lashes due to years of make-up abuse in my teens. I have to be very gentle around my lashes and when stubborn mascara clings it can be terrible. This mascara comes off extremely easily with my oil cleanser (where once again a lot of my higher end mascaras don't). If you're looking for a good drug store mascara this is it! I was totally shocked and happy with how beautiful it makes my scarce lashes look. I would completely repurchase in the future. #PeacockFlareStare #contest #complimentary @Influenster @COVERGIRL
Wonder R.
Seattle, WA
Review for: Black more...
Mascara comparison test! 💅🤳
I received the Peacock Flare mascara from @covergirl thanks to an influencer campaign. I have to admit the packaging was so pretty, that I was super excited for the product and wanted to love it. There are a few features, however, that keep this from being my ideal mascara. 1️⃣The wand, while innovative, doesn’t feel good when it brushes the roots of my eyelashes. That is my number one complaint. Because the bristles are in a spiral and not the brush style I am used to, there is a grating feeling that actually startled me the first time I used it. 2️⃣ It coats my eyelashes well and doesn’t make them clump together. The length is good. I like the way it looks, but the fact is, I like my other two mascaras more. Right now I alternate between #Loreal Voluminous Carbon Black, and #TooFaced Better Than Sex mascara. Swipe through the slides 1 & 2 to see the comparisons on me. Slide 3 is left eyelashes bare and right eyelashes wearing Peacock Flare. First slide is the brush itself.
I’m always grateful to try new products, and genuinely bummed when they don’t work out for me. It doesn’t feel good to have to say that you didn’t like a product, but it’s a priority for me to be completely honest. As with all beauty and skincare, YMMV! 💃
#PeacockFlareStare #contest #complimentary @Influenster #bblogger #mascara #beautyblogger #eyelashes #welcometomybathroom
Sarah B.
West Bend , WI
Review for: Extreme Black more...
I received a VoxBox from @influenster for free to test the new #PeacockFlareStare mascara from @covergirl and to give a honest review of the product.
I added a before and after picture that you can check it out yourself
So the mascara comes in a really nice packaging and has a different shape than the normal round mascaras, which makes it easier to hold it. The first time I applied this mascara I honestly didn't really like it.....BUT i don't like most of the mascaras the whole first week i am using them, I just feel like the first few times even if you try to use as less product as possible, it's always to heavy and too much. So I tried this mascara now 3 days and I need to say: today (the third day) I really started liking this mascara. You get a lot of volume and it has a feathery look to it, i don't know how to describe that better. If you want a mascara that divides each lash separate this might not be the perfect mascara, it clumps a little bit, and I think it's not the best for very thin lashes. This is a super affordable mascara, it makes your eyes look fluttery (I wouldn't use the word flutter for mascara until I used this one) and full. Thanks Influenster for letting me test the PeacockFlareStare mascara💕 #contest #complimentary @Influenster @COVERGIRL
#makeup #makeupartist #review #productreview #mua #potd #motd #mascara #covergirl #peacock #eyeshadow #lipstick #photography #kiss #smile #fun #influenster #meltingpout #sunday #christmas #cozy #beauty #beautiful #beautyblogger #mke #milwaukee #sarahbigleyhairandmakeup
Peyton N.
Sumter, SC
Review for: Extreme Black more...
I was chosen through Influenster to participate in Covergirl’s Peacock Flare mascara VoxBox campaign! I received this mascara in “extreme black” [This item was sent to me free of charge to test. However, these opinions are my own and are not sponsored in any way beeteedubs] I’m so hard on mascaras, so I was surprised when I liked this one! ;-) It’s so lightweight, and truly fulfills it’s promise to “flaunt a full fan of thick lashes”. My only cons that I had with the product were I did not feel as though it’s pigment lived up to its color name of “extreme black” bc I felt it was more of a dull black- but if you’re going for a more natural look then this would be awesome!
!¡!pRoTiP!¡! I applied 2 coats and liked the result much better afterwards! FINAL THOUGHTS: If ur in the market for a lightweight, fanning but natural mascara, the Peacock Flare in “extreme black” is totally for you! :-) COVERGIRL Peacock Flare Mascara
Vera N.
Newark, CA
Review for: Extreme Black more...
I received COVERGIRL Peacock Flare Mascara in Extreme Black complimentary from Influenster for testing purposes. It’s my first mascara by COVERGIRL and unfortunately I have to say that I’m not impressed at all.
This product does absolutely nothing for my lashes. It claims to give you “full fan of thick lush lashes”. Nope, not even close. It provides no volume or lengthening whatsoever. My lashes look separated on the swatches but it’s not a big deal since there is zero volume. I have quite nice lashes (that could be more voluminous though) and it’s not that difficult to make them look better, but this mascara doesn’t do the job for me. Also, I have to mention that the curl you can see on the photos is the job by Kevyn Aucoin curler, not this mascara.
I’m also not a fan of plastic bristles and never buy mascaras with them myself (no matter what brand), but I’ve had some mascaras with such type of wands before. I have to say that Peacock Flare brush is the worst I’ve tried. First of all, as I already mentioned it does nothing for the lashes. Second, I have no idea why COVERGIRL calls it “feather-fan brush” since it’s super-spiky and its bristles are very firm and hard, to the point where it’s not comfortable to use it near the eye waterline. I’ve heard that some girls accidentally stab themselves in the eye with a mascara wand time to time. I’ve never experienced that but, girl, you better not to mess up with THIS wand.
Probably the best thing about the formula is its staying power. I’ve experienced some minor flaking during first ten minutes after application (which is super weird) but afterwards mascara performed well on the lashes.
As for the package, I love the color scheme and the soft touch grip on the cap (it will become dirty very soon though), BUT I definitely not appreciate how bulky the tube is.
My final thoughts: I can’t recommend COVERGIRL Peacock Flare Mascara to anyone. I can’t even call it basic or average since there are tons of other options in drugstores that are the same price or even cheaper but ten times better. Sorry, COVERGIRL.
Mo K.
Nyack, NY
Review for: Extreme Black more...
First, I would like to say thank you to Influenster for sending me this product complimentary for reviewing purposes!

When I received this  COVERGIRL Peacock Flare Mascara I was definitely skeptical because a lot of CoverGirl products don't work out for me, especially their mascaras. However, I was pleasantly surprised by this one!

This is a great everyday mascara because of how long lasting it is! That is what surprised me most about this mascara. A true test of a mascara for me is if it smudges onto my brow bone. A lot of mascaras smudge onto my brow bone, since I have hooded eyes, after about 5 hours. This one did not do that at all, even when I wore it for 12+ hours! It also did not flake off and was easy to remove.

Now, time for what it actually does for my lashes! It gives them a great amount of length. That being said, it does not provide that much volume. It does a good job of separating my lashes and not making them look clumpy, but there is no added volume. That's why I had to knock a star off.

I really like the packaging. It's a bit bulky, but the rubber part prevents the mascara from rolling off of my desk. It also is not hard to hold.

If you haven't tried this I definitely recommend picking it up!
Ariel C.
Minneapolis, MN
Review for: Extreme Black more...
I recieved this product complimentary through the Covergirl Peacock Flare Mascara Voxbox. First thing I liked about Covergirl Peacock Flare Mascara, is the packaging. The love the bottle it comes in, especially the gripper! Also I loved how the bottle snaps closed, ensuring that no excess air is coming into the bottle through the cap. I thought that was a great touch to make the mascara last longer. The lash formula is really thick, but it doesn't clump together on the brush which is a huge plus because that made application effortless and clump free. The applicator is a thin spiral brush and at first I was sceptical about it due to not knowing how it would change my lashes, but it ending up being great! It makes your lashes look full and curled. The Extreme Black is more like a black-brown in my opinion and I liked that the color looked natural on my eye lashes. I love how it didn't flake or run after wearing it all day. The only factor I didn't like was how hard it made my lashes. I'm used to using mascaras that make my lashes soft to the touch, and it was a little bit difficult to take off even with a makeup wipe so I just use soap and water and then went over it with my face wash. Other than that I believe it's a great mascara for the type of volume and flare you want. I would recommend this product.
Candy B.
Sahuarita, AZ
Review for: Extreme Black more...
I was chosen by Influenster to participate in Covergirl’s Peacock Flare mascara VoxBox campaign! I received this product free of charge with the promise of an honest review.

I received this mascara in “extreme black." It’s lightweight and does a great job in separating my lashes for a natural, fanned out look. I'm usually a "full volume, thick lashes" kinda gal for my lashes so this product isn't usually what I'd reach for. There was no lengthening or volumizing whatsoever. I also wished that this product did more for lifting up the lashes to give a slightly flared look. Not only that but for an "extreme black" mascara, I thought it'd be darker and packed with pigment. For now, this is just a dull, everyday natural black. I wouldn't reach for this, personally. I expected more and do want more out of my mascara. This product just didn't give me the "oomph" I need for my lashes. This is a mediocre mascara that just tints your lashes. Nothing extra.
Heather F.
Philadelphia, PA
Review for: Extreme Black more...
I received this product in a voxbox and I have to be completely honest, I was not the slightest bit impressed. I will go as far as saying I hate this product. It just was not for me. The packaging is beautiful and I thought the brush looked like a very nice brush at first glance. I was surprised that it did absolutely nothing for my lashes! It looked like a barely had anything on at all. First of all the brush is pointy and it hurt to even apply the mascara. You may not want to put it on the root of your lashes because it will poke you and thats of course uncomfortable and will make ypur eyes watery. But two it wasn’t even worth it to apply! I barely got the slightest bit of length or anything. It was a waste of time putting on, and when I tried to put a different kind of mascara over it to fix the problem that wouldn’t work either! I feel like if anything this may be good for separating your lashes AFTER applying a different mascara but thats about it. I would not repurchase and I won’t use this mascara unfortunately! Covergirl has many other amazing mascaras thats I would definitely grab instead. Not worth a penny in my opinion :/
Marisela A.
Cypress, TX
Who else is in this voxbox? I can't wait to test it out !
👑Cali q.
Stockton, CA
How and when will i get my voxbox im dying to get it 😭😭😭😭   Influenster
Charl L.
Does this clump your lashes?
C.A. P.
RALEIGH
What do you consider the number one mascara with volume length and no clumps or flakes or smudge that stays on?
Crystal R.
Buffalo, NY
Does this add volume or have natural look??