ColourPop Ultra Satin Lip Liquid LipstickInfluenster Beauty Awards Winner 2016

BY COLOURPOP #4 in Lip Gloss

High pigmentation and a satin-matte finish in liquid lipstick form to keep your lips soft and comfy all day long.

A bright red violet
Inspired by Karrueche's character Virginia in TNT's hit show Claws

Ultra Satin Lip A creamy, bold lipstick with a satin finish. This formula has the same high percentage of pigments as an Ultra Matte Lip but contains emollient ingredients for added moisture, keeping lips looking fresh and feeling super comfortable.

Though this lipstick is super long-wearing, it is not completely kiss-proof and does transfer.

Application Tips

• Step One - Start with freshly exfoliated lips! Prime your lips with our Lippie Primer for increased longevity and smoother application!
  • Step Two - Line your lips with a matching Lippie Pencil; this will help you achieve the perfect finished look and give the appearance of fuller lips.
  • Step Three - Apply your Ultra Satin Lip in a thin layer for most comfortable wear.

Ingredients
Isododecane, Diisostearyl Malate, Hydrogenated Polyisobutene, C10-18 Triglycerides, Oryza Sativa (Rice) Bran Wax, Dimethicone Crosspolymer, Pentylene Glycol, Silica Silylate, Polyethylene, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Propylene Carbonate, Blue 1 Lake (Ci 42090), Iron Oxides (Ci 77499), Red 7 Lake (Ci 15850), Red 28 Lake (Ci 45410), Titanium Dioxide (Ci 77891).

• Where did you buy yours? Anywhere else other than the ColourPop w...4 Answers
  • Is this actually long wearing? 147 Answers
  • When is Colour Pop coming to Sephora?2 Answers
Media (2044)
Buy on Jet.com
Tiffanie K.
Orlando, FL
Review for: Point Zero, Littlestitious, Screenshot more...
This is one of those liquid lip formulas that I always change my mind about. There are more pros than cons and for that reason I would repurchase this product depending on the shade.

Pros:
-Great opacity and color payoff
-Doesn't feather or bleed outside lipline
-Long lasting (6+ hours depending on when/if you eat while wearing it)
-Looks great (doesn't settle into fine lines--I always get compliments when I wear one of my satin lips)
-Great color selection on ColourPop's website

Cons:
-Doesn't build well--depending on how much you reapply during the day this formula starts to feel uncomfortable on the lips (after reapplying 2+ times). It doesn't LOOK bad, but for me it feels uncomfortable (heavy, not dry) and chunky.
- Of the three shades I've tried, Littlestitious is the only shade that is odd to me. It oxidizes(?) on my lips once it dries; it looks like a pinky-lilac nude when swatched, but once it dries it looks slightly pastel (even pasty) and I don't like the way it looks on me. Which makes me sad because I love The Office and I like having something named after an Office reference. Oh well.

So basically this is a formula that almost always LOOKS great, it just isn't always comfortable on the lips. It's not drying, it's just a little heavy and after you've reapplied a few times during the day it feels chunky, etc. So, I think it's worth trying but take these critiques into consideration when purchasing.
Heba B.
Philadelphia, PA
Review for: Frick N' Frack, Alyssa, Echo Park, Dopey, Prim, Molly, November, The Rabbit, Lyin' King, Panda, Mrs., Calypso, Baracuda, Strip, Strut, Mess Around, Tidal, 951, Femme, Hutch, Bare Necessities, Jacquard, Virginia, London Fog more...
My absolute favorite liquid lipstick formula!!

When I first tried Colour Pop liquid lipsticks, I was new to the scene and very naive. I tried a matte lipstick first and did not like it. It smeared all over my face by the end of my grocery trip and I looked a crazed clown at the checkout line.

However. The Satins.... the Ultra Satins. They were released shortly after I tried my first Colour Pop product. The Ultra Satins are just as pigmented and beautiful, but they are NOT drying! Your lips will not look like they have been eroding on the side of a mountain for several decades!!

One thing to keep in mind, these are not transfer-proof. But I'm ok with that... for $6? Seriously? I could buy as many colours as I wanted and not feel guilty about it. Most of the nicer lipsticks cost upwards of $20, but I am too cheap to fork out the cash for one color, when I could easily get three (or four, during sales!) for the same price.

The range of colors is really nice, and they are always releasing new ones! I also love the Ultra Metallics and Ultra Blotted lips. And the lippie stix are pretty, too! Not to mention all of the SuperShock products and Pressed Powder products!
Savannah H.
Mission Viejo, CA
THIS IS MY FAVORITE PRODUCT BY COLOURPOP!!! I have ordered so many colors of this product bc they have so many that I love and even though I’ve yet to finish even one bottle I keep getting more bc I just can’t help myself. Now why I haven’t finished a bottle yet isn’t bc I don’t use them often, trust me, I use them A LOT, it’s bc the colors are super pigmented so a little goes a long way with these satin babies. Only 1-2 dabs on the lips will be enough for full lip coverage, & I’ve very full lips so that’s saying something. The colors shine so well and I use these on a daily basis ♡ these are also fairly priced so that’s another reason why I keep coming back to ColourPop.
Heather H.
Sevierville
Review for: Echo Park more...
My sister in law told me about this lipstick because I was on the hunt for a specific color. I am very happy with the color of Echo Park and Just the quality of the product. The lipstick goes on great and doesn’t feel sticky or anything. The color itself lasts me an 8hour work day. The only downfall I have was I did have to contact their customer service right after I placed the order. My order has an old address and even though I contacted them within seconds of placing my order they wouldn’t do anything about it. I had to contact the apartment complex in hopes they could help me get my item. ColourPop Ultra Satin Lip Liquid Lipstick
Jay 💖.
Review for: Calypso more...
This is really beautiful! I have the color Calypso,and on my lips,it turns a mauve-brown shade that I absolutely adore. These aren't the longest lasting though,but they are super comfortable on my lips! They don't dry my lips out,and have a softer,almost cream or mouse-like feel to me,which I totally love in lipsticks,especially liquid lipsticks! The applicator is a typical,small applicator that works just fine,though I love the packaging for some reason! I definitely recommend,and will be purchasing more in the future! The color is not streaky at all,which surprised me with how it pulls on my skin. I'm quite impressed,Colourpop!
Judy A.
Maitland, FL
Review for: Aquarius more...
I just received this color and I’m obsessed! I have very light blue-red undertone skin and this color looks great (look at the swatch). I’ve ordered the satin lip in the mini lip sets and really liked it, so I decided to order the full size. Sometimes, I don’t necessarily want a matte color, but I still want the long-wear of the ColourPop Ultra Matte Lip Liquid Lipstick. The color is gorgeous, it’s super long-wear, affordable and is definitely of high quality as are all of ColourPop’s products.

The picture I’ve added has not been adjusted or edited AT ALL! This is really what the product looks like :)
Valerie C.
Review for: Point Zero, Frick N' Frack, Echo Park more...
Colourpop is my favorite affordable cosmetic brand! There huge quantity of products along with quality and affordability, is exactly what has kept me loyal to the brand.

Colourpop's huge variety of lipstick products are what first brought me to them. My favorite from their liquid lipstick collections are the Ultra Satin Lips. The satin formula is perfect, not drying at all, but also no shine as well. I like to describe Colourpop's Ultra Satin formula to my friends as buttery smooth. The best part is the fact that the lipstick lasts all day with just one swipe, without any need for touch ups (unless you ate something greasy).

My go to nude shade is "Echo Park," it's a muted rose nude, perfect for casual everyday wear. It's super flattering for light-to-medium complexions.

My favorite red shade is "Frick N' Frack." This is my absolute favorite liquid lipstick from Colourpop! It's a beautiful 90's grunge red. I wear it all the time, when I'm dressed up or want a pop of color. I constantly receive compliments from strangers and I am asked what lipstick I'm wearing with this shade.

Brown lipsticks are another one of my go-to-favorite shades. But finding a brown toned liquid lipstick that's flattering for a light-to-medium complexion, can be quite difficult. My perfect shade is ColourPop x Kathleen Lights "Point Zero." It's a cool toned nude brown and I love it. I use a nude lip pencil underneath and I'm all set.
Shannon K.
Harvest, AL
Review for: Tansy more...
In love with this color! It’s a great rusty, fall color. I’ve used ColourPop’s satin liquid lipstick before, and I was not disappointed with this one! I bought mine online for around $6 which was a steal!! The formula feels nice, it stays on throughout me eating and drinking (may have to reapply a little if I’m eating a messy meal), and it doesn’t dry my lips out. The only issue I’ve had is that it doesn’t layer as nicely as some other brands do. So I’ve just gotten used to make sure it looks good with the very first application so I don’t have to go over it with another layer again.
Louise S.
Chandler
Review for: Dopey more...
I absolutely LOVE this matte lip product , and love the color Dopey. I also have the lip liner as well. It applies so easy, and it does dry down to matte. It can be a little drying , but I add a clear gloss to it. The color lasts a long long time as well !! I have ordered 3 more colors, and will continue to buy. ColourPop is the BOMB, from these to any of their shadows. And for the money, you get excellent products. They are my favorite brand.
Brida F.
Seattle, WA
I love Colourpop lipsticks - I have a multitude of Ultra Mattes, Ultra Satins, Ultra Glossys, Ultra Metallics and Lippie Stix. Of the liquids, I would say Ultra Satins are my favorite formula. They apply very smooth and opaque in one swipe, but unlike the Ultra Mattes they don't completely dry down. This means they are more comfortable and don't dry your lips or crack. They still last all day, and are easy to touch up without removing and re-applying as is sometimes necessary with a formula that dries down. You are also able to rub your lips together to redistribute color if it wears away a little with eating or drinking. The color range is awesome too; Colourpop never sticks to classic reds and pinks, there is something for everyone, even bright unique colors at a fraction of Lime Crime prices. I recommend these to anyone who likes the look of liquid mattes but perhaps finds them uncomfortable - these have a slightly thicker, creamier texture than the thin ultra matte formula, but look very similar on the lips. I absolutely love them!
Miriam R.
Is this actually long wearing?
Is this brand really good ? or was it over hyped ?
Basira T.
Which color would you guys recommend for a everyday color?
Emily F.
Any nude colour recommendations or favorites?
Vianney A.
Lindsay , CA
I've heard mixed reviews on the formula of these. Some people love them others dislike the dryness of them. I know they're not expensive at all, I just wanted to ask if these are worth the investment?