Colgate® SlimSoft™ Toothbrush
17x slimmer tip bristles for a deep clean. 6x* deeper reach between teeth and gums. 1.5x** deeper access between teeth. 35% more bristles for unique mouth feel. An ergonomic and flexible handle. * vs. a manual flat trim toothbrush with end-rounded bristles. ** vs. an ordinary manual toothbrush.see more...
Top Questions See all 29 Q&A
- "My gums sometimes bleed when my toothbrush is to hard, but the Slimsoft was gentle on my sensitive gums, but gets my teeth clean." in 67 reviews
- "i know that some people don't like it because it has soft bristles, but given that i have sensitive teeth, it was perfect for me :)" in 54 reviews
- "I received this product complimentary from Influenster, and think that is a great toothbrush if you are looking for something very gentle." in 41 reviews
- "One of the best toothbrush that you could have in your household soft enough for your teeth it alse good for deep cleaning between your teeth" in 32 reviews
- "I love this toothbrush influenster provided in my box so flexibility and soft would recommend too all my friends and co worker's " in 31 reviews
The Product: First let me let you know a little something about me.. I am weird when it comes to toothbrushes. I spend way too much time analyzing a brush's performance, handle-bility, bristle movement, etc. (SO weird, ik) And for a toothbrush fanatic, this does not cut it. The mast of the brush hurts my hand and is not user friendly in the slightest, the brush head is too big and one giant shape creating no brush diversity! Besides that, my teeth eats up these bristles! I'm always left picking little hairs out of my teeth.
Overall: Bellow average tooth brush for a regular tooth brusher, WAY BELLOW for a toothbrush fanatic like me.
The brush has a thin handle with only a few different color choices available (at least at the Walmart where I purchased it) and I was able to choose between Soft and Medium. I like the thin handle and also the length of the toothbrush. I was a little nervous seeing the amount of bristles, because normally I choose toothbrushes with a small amount of bristles in a circle shape and this was a long rectangular shape.
I will admit, it is definitely soft! I was surprised to see that because there was such a large amount of bristles, I felt I was covering a lot more while brushing my teeth. Normally, I need to “break in” my toothbrushes because my gums are sensitive so it takes some time before my mouth becomes accustomed to the brush, but the SlimSoft brush was comfortable right from the first use. After using it for two weeks, the bristles are still soft and are not springing out all over the place which is another thing I liked about this brush.
However, normally I purchase Colgate brushes with the tongue cleaner on the back, so it was unpleasant to me to feel the plastic handle behind the bristles against my mouth. I could feel the hard tip everywhere throughout brushing my teeth which was really annoying. I think this is a great toothbrush, but since you’re paying more I would expect it to be up to par with the other brushes which are less expensive and have the tongue cleaner. I’m not saying that this brush absolutely has to have a tongue cleaner, but if there was a way to soften the back that would make it a better toothbrush.
PHOTOS & VIDEOS
See All Photos & Videos