Clinique Take The Day Off™ Cleansing BalmInfluenster Beauty Awards Winner 2017

BY CLINIQUE #2 in Facial Cleansers

Skin Types: All.

Lightweight makeup remover quickly dissolves tenacious eye and face makeups, sunscreens. Transforms from a solid balm into a silky oil upon application. Cleans thoroughly, rinses off completely. Gently helps remove the stress of pollution so skin looks younger, longer. Non-greasy. Non-drying. Ophthalmologist tested. For all skin types.

How to Use

• Use fingertips to massage balm over dry skin
  • Rinse well with warm water. Pat dry
  • Follow with your 3-Step Skin Care System

• I'm really wanting to try this after seeing a video review on it....3 Answers
  • Could I use this instead of a face wash or would I use it before ...10 Answers
  • Does this remove waterproof mascara well??27 Answers
Clinique Take The Day Off™ Cleansing Balm
  • "This is my go to makeup remover to get the most hard to remove, long wearing, long lasting makeup." in 5 reviews
  • "You can use it for both your face and eye makeup and it removes everything.. even water proof mascara and you don't have to scrub at your eyes." in 5 reviews
  • "Love this product, it works so great and it's very cleansing!i would highly recommend this!" in 3 reviews
Katie R.
Sanford, FL
Clinique is one of my favorite skincare brands and I've used the  Clinique Take The Day Off Makeup Remover liquid for a long time but this balm definitely trumps it! I bought the larger 4.2 oz one a couple months ago and I have barely put a dent in it... a little goes a long way! I rub the balm all over my face, eyes and lips included, and I have found it just melts away whatever I'm wearing. Even stubborn waterproof (does require a little extra rubbing or balm)! I do recommend, especially if you have sensitive skin to use  Neutrogena® Makeup Remover Cleansing Towelettes r Aveeno® Ultra-calming Makeup Removing Wipes to wipe away the excess. Not because the Clinique balm doesn't work but just because the consistency left on the skin could cause breakouts if not completely removed, thus the reason I deducted a star. Otherwise, this product is a game changer!
Erica T.
Corcoran, CA
So a bit of background, I have super sensitive, dry/combination skin, acne prone skin. I know from trial and error that i seem to be sensitive to dimethicone among other things. I can't use most products without getting itchy little angry bumps across my forehead and cheeks, but not with this. This product is so neutral and it does the job. I wear heavy makeup daily and this usually cleanse with this before i go in with Kiehl's cucumber herbal conditioning cleanser, but even without the second cleanse, all my makeup is gone after one wash. The only thing I don't like about this is that it comes in a pot and I have to dip my finger in it. I suppose the balm is too thick for a pump anyway. I've used this a little over two weeks now and haven't had a single breakout nor does my skin tingle after use like it usually does when my face doesn't
Jessica B.
I love this. It's hands down the best facial make up remover i've ever used.. and I've used a lot. I just use a little (the travel size was good for maybe two weeks or so uses). Rub it between your fingers to dissolve it, rub it into your face, and then I use a damp cloth to wipe it off. ALL of my makeup easily comes off with it. My one con for it is that it isn't good for eyelids. If i use it on my lids then the balm gets in my eyes a little.. which is not good. I used it on my eyelids (just a little amount) the first time I used the product and it got into my eyes clouding my vision. It covered my eye balls in a film that I had to rinse out with saline solution. I still love it so much on my face that I still use it though, I just take care not to get it too close to my eyes.
Katie S.
I got the smaller sample/ travel size of this from Ulta a few months ago just to see if it was worth the hype. My only regret was not buying the full size immediately. I love how well this takes off ALL of my makeup, not just some. I always rinse face after using it rather than just using a towel, but that is just my preference for rinsing it and making sure all my makeup is gone. I was honestly expecting this to make my skin feel oily or slimy afterward but it didn't at all. If you get any in your eyes, it does make your vision blurry for a few seconds but it doesn't hurt- just rinse with water and it will go away. This is by far the best makeup remover I've used and it makes removing makeup and washing my face at night such a quick process.
Rhiannon C.
Cullowhee, NC
Such a good remover. I think it’s the best I’ve ever tried for face makeup. I use a very small amount, rub it in, and wash it off with a cloth. Many cloths take a long time for me and a lot of rubbing trying to remove all the makeup but this doesn’t. It’s quick and doesn’t irritate my skin at all. I was a bit afraid bc it goes from balm to a sort of oil and I have oily skin but it doesn’t affect that at all. No residue but I do always still go in with my regular cleanser after I use this to be sure I get my skin clean. If I had one complaint it’d be that I can’t use this on my eyes. I tried once and it made a cloudy film on my eyes I had to wash out with saline solution. I love this so much though that I’ll probably try the eyes/lids liquid version of this.
Avery C.
Austin atx
omg all the big youtubers use this product it makes me so happy that  i found this and i can reveiw it this really takes off alll the makeup and i have always love clinique products but once they came out with this i feel in love and they have been nothing but such nice reveiws on this  i know that patrick star uses this the makeup youtuber and skin skin is the best skin i have every seen sense he was younger and i put on heave makeup so for this to just wipe all of it away when only useing very lil of the product i think that it's amazing and i wanna know how much it is because i never really ever loooked at the price and i wanna get my friends it to so hopefully it is very  reasonable price but i mean hey it is such a good product it is to die for
Kaitlin M.
Monongahela, PA
When watching YouTube reviews I saw alot of beauty influencers rave about this. I have always wanted to try it because of the stubborn makeup that won't come off when I just wash my face regularly. I finally caved and bought it and I can say that I'm really happy that I did! My L'oreal lash Paradise mascara is stubborn when it comes to taking it off but this actually removed it no problem! It feels so good on the skin too it's not too heavy or greasy its so smooth and you don't need a lot at all when using it! It comes in a really big jar which is convenient to use! It really did melt my makeup off and I'm super excited to keep using it!
Jen M.
Goleta, CA
I actually began using this cleansing balm per Jeffree Star and Patrick Starrr's recommendation and am SO HAPPY I DID! I initially got a trial size in a mini gift set from Sephora, but went back and purchased a full size from Ulta. I adore how easily it melts everything off my face and makes my skin feel soft and supple. It is easy to work with, a dream to remove and gets all stubborn eyeliner and lippies off with ease. I suggest this to any girl who loves to wear a full glam or even the simplistic people with hard to remove mascara for your daily wear. I definitely suggest trying this the next chance you have! It's amazing!
Cat C.
I absolutely LOVE this! As soon as you put it on your face, the makeup starts melting away immediately. It does an incredible job getting the makeup off. Sometimes if I'm going full glam, or heavy eye makeup (waterproof liner/mascara) I will need to use it twice. It feels a little oily or greasy when you're rubbing it on your face, but it doesn't leave a weird feeling on your skin after washing it off! It doesn't really smell like anything. It doesn't irritate my skin or eye area, but I don't really have sensitive skin. You really don't need to use that much; I've had my jar for a long time and still have a ton left.

The only thing I don't like is that if it doesn't get all of my makeup off, I have to dry my hands and face to use more (supposed to use on dry skin). So I get my towel dirty when I'm patting my face dry. And I don't want to stick my dirty makeup fingers into the jar. Though this doesn't happen very often that, it is a bit annoying.
Candy B.
Sahuarita, AZ
I'm a big fan of the  Clinique Take The Day Off™ Cleansing Oil  so it makes sense to try out the extremely popular balm version! The packaging is really sleek and minimalistic. Unfortunately for me, I might have been spoiled by the pump oil version as the tub makes me worried about sanitation and the amount I pick up per use. The balm formula of this product makes it difficult for me to fully spread it on my face and massage it in. Because of this, I feel like I used way much more product than I needed to each time. Still, the amount of product you get in the tub is a lot! Also, it's worth to note that this product does emulsify when you rinse it off. This means that the product is dissolving itself and washes off so that it doesn't sit on top of the skin. I like it. This product is okay to me. I just prefer the oil version more.
Natalie P.
Does this remove waterproof mascara well??
Jessica P.
La Jolla, CA
Does this sting your eyes?
Kristen R.
Bay Shore, NY
I have been looking for an amazing makeup remover, I heard good things about this one but has anyone used this? Does it work as well as everyone claims
Sophie P.
Stonelands Bridge, Dawlish
Could I use this instead of a face wash or would I use it before I used my face wash?
Jessica H.
The village , OK
Does this product really work as great as it says?