BY CLINIQUE #3 in Facial Moisturizers

Skin Types: All.

Lush cream-gel penetrates skin, enhancing natural hyaluronic acid—nature's perfect moisture magnet. For 24 satisfying hours, skin is plumped, dewy, glowing—from the inside out. Oil-free.

How to Use: Use after 3-Step, or anytime skin needs a moisture boost.

• Can I wear it under make up?77 Answers
  • I have dry, sometimes flaky skin in the morning but end up being ...35 Answers
  • Do you think that this is worth the price?59 Answers
Kat J.
San Antonio, TX
I received a foil packet sample of this moisturizer from Sephora...

PRICE: $12-$52.50, depending on size

CLAIMS: This refreshing, oil-free cream-gel is a "drink" for skin, continuously plumping its appearance with hydration. The luxurious, addictive texture and ultra-hydrating formula make it a frequent fliers’ favorite. It improves the appearance of fine lines, flakiness, and tightness, leaving skin looking and feeling happier and healthier—even through shifts in humidity. It immediately cools and refreshes for a soft, smooth complexion. It can be used as a five-minute moisture mask, or over makeup for a luminous glow.

CONSISTENCY: A lightweight cream-gel that absorbed quickly and didn’t leave a film on my face.

EASE OF APPLICATION: I only needed a dime sized amount for my entire face and neck.

RESULTS: This Clinique Moisturizer says that it provides up to 24 hours of soothing hydration,... I found that to be absolutely true! I LOVED how this sunk into my skin and had a slightly cooling effect as it hydrated my face! It was super lightweight and didn’t clog my pores at all. The small sample packet also lasted me over a week, so it is a good value since you don’t need to go overboard slathering it on your face every morning. My T-zone did get somewhat oily as the day went on, which is why I deducted a star. I would definitely say this is a nice dupe for belif The True Cream Aqua Bomb, but my loyalty remains with Belif since it balances out the oil on my face while moisturizing simultaneously. That being said, I wouldn’t pass up another sample of this product at all. Well done, Clinique!

OTHER INFO: Formulated without parabens, this product is allergy tested, non-acnegenic, and free of fragrance and oil.

OVERALL GRADE: 4 / 5 STARS
⭐️⭐️⭐️⭐️
Linda T.
Naperville, IL
I have been on the hunt for a new day moisturizer and went into Ulta to explore Clinique. I have not had much experience with them. I spoke with the Clinique person and I was interested in the Clinique Moisture surge. I liked that it had Hyaluronic Acid in it and that it was a gel-cream hybrid. I took a sample size. I have been using it for about 2 days and I have to say that I really like it! I have oily to combo skin that can get dry in the winter. It's not greasy at all yet it supplies great hydration. It feels very light. It has no fragrance which is a plus. My skin felt soft and clean. I plan on buying the full size I believe. The only downside is that it comes in a jar. I have been trying to get skincare that comes either in a squeeze tube or a pump because I have been reading more and more about how a jar can be unsanitary and also not hold antioxidants well. Clinique Moisture Surge 72-Hour Auto-replenishing Hydrator
Jenny S.
Northampton, PA
Heaven in a jar 🤗 totally worth the price.... this my go-to moisturizer in the winter. I live in Pennsylvania where the weather is all over the place. This lotion keeps my normally dry, flaky, winter skin hydrated all day long!! In the other seasons I will use the moisturizing gel, however, come October and I will start to use moisture surge. It doesn’t not leave your face oily at all and it’s so light on the skin once applied. I use this morning and night after my normal skin care routine. I apply the lotion and let it sit for at least 5 minutes before I start applying my primer. Everything goes on top beautifully. Sometimes after my makeup is on the powder I use to set my face will make it look dry, so I simply take a dab of lotion from the jar and apply it lightly over the dry area. It sits on top of my makeup wonderfully. I honestly have never found a better face lotion for how dry my face becomes during the winter. I stand by this product 100%
Marie K.
Powell, TN
is is a great oil free product to carry whilst travelling, it has multiple uses and is designed for every skin type. It’s a gel cream hybrid that provides instant hydration that lasts, it has that instant gratification as it really soaks into the skin and gives the skin a moisture boost. I really love that it can be used in different ways, you can apply it over make-up for on-the-go top ups, you can use it mixed with foundation or as a mask, and you can work it into your cuticles and other dry areas. A great, multi-tasking product to carry around with you.
Sydney M.
Katy, TX
I purchased this moisturizer about two weeks ago and and have used it every morning since. When I first started using it I thought it was not working because I did not feel it on my skin like I would with a cream moisturizer.  I quickly realized that just because I don't feel the weight that it isn't doing its job. I have noticed my skins feels very soft through out the whole day. I have normal to dry skin and I have not experienced any dryness. Also, I have used it for about two weeks (only in the mornings) and feel like I haven't used any product! I can see it lasting for at least a month and a half. I can also see this being really great while flying. I am looking for a staple moisturizer and I would buy this again.
Courtney J.
Clinique Moisture Surge™ Extended Thirst ReliefWhen I say I LOVE this product!!!! This is the second jar I’ve purchased from Sephora and it’s now my go-to facial moisturizer. WARNING...It’s expensive, I buy the 1oz jar which is $19. But a little bit goes a long way!!! I place like a pea sized amount on both cheeks, my forehead and my chin. On days my face is super dry I use more or I’ll opt for another moisturizer. I have oily skin and I really feel like this product reduces the amount of oil my face produces. It’s a gel cream so it’s really lightweight and it feels cool going on the skin which is very refreshing.
Karla A.
Rainbow City
Clinique Moisture Surge is one of my favorite moisturizers of all time! It makes me skin feel so smooth and hydrated without feeling greasy! I think its great for all skin types! When my skin is feeling a little more dry than usual I like to mix it with a facial oil and apply it to the extra dry areas. Ive never felt any stinging or any weird sensation like I have experienced with other moisturizers. As far as price it can be a little pricey, but I think it is worth every penny. I've repurchased it time and time again!
Noor N.
Dearborn Hts, MI
This is such a good moisturizer. i have problems with my nose, it always feels very dry and broken. It gets to the point were the skin starts peeling. This product helps my problem., I fell in love when i first tried it as a sample. I had to buy it as fast as possible. It is an expensive product but if you save up some money to get this product you will not regret it at all. The packaging is nice. I've recommended this to many of my friends. The only problem I have is that it is pretty expensive for the amount of product you get.
Dawn E.
RINGGOLD, GA
I love how this cream gel feels going on. It penetrates quickly into the skin, and I've had no issues using this on my oily/acne prone skin. A small amount goes a long way. The retail price is somewhat high in my opinion, but I purchased at Belk during a Clinique sale at a great price. . The only Con was I did not feel this was quite adequate for the one small patch of dry skin I have on my face. I always felt the need to apply extra in that one area. Overall, I will likely purchase this product again in the future.
Maggie A.
Atlanta, GA
I absolutely love this! I just got it earlier this fall because i was looking for a new brand to try when it comes to moisturizing my face. I got this from Macys and whats cool about Clinique too is thata lot of times there are extra freebies along with it. I got a mini bag that had another moisturizer in it, happy perfume, lipstick, etc. Plus, the women there are always very courteous to help you out on what will do good for your face. You can also buy this in Carson's, Dillard's, omand many other big box stores.
Leidy E.
San Antonio, TX
Can I wear it under make up?
Hannah F.
Boca Raton, FL
Do you think that this is worth the price?
Andrea S.
How long does a jar usually last?
Mikayla C.
Toronto, ON
I have dry, sometimes flaky skin in the morning but end up being oily by the end of the day. I am looking for a moisturizer that will help my dry skin for makeup application in the morning that won't leave a greasy dew. Will this product do the job?
Lois W.