BY BIORÉ #47 in Facial Cleansers

Skin acting up? Meet Charcoal. The secret weapon from the Bioré® Skincare Experts. Draw out and trap 2x more dirt and impurities than a basic cleanser with this innovative black cleanser that foams white and rinses clean. Infused with Japanese Skin Purifying Technology, this facial cleanser gives you results after just one use!

• Oil-Free
  • Dermatologist Tested
  • Gentle enough for everyday use
  • Great for oily skin

• Does this work well for blackheads on the nose or are there bette...2 Answers
  • Does anyone else find it makes your skin dry in burns tingles Sen...3 Answers
  • I'm interested in trying this product where should I go to purcha...5 Answers
Aiyana S.
A skincare lady at Ulta convinced me to get this along with another Biore exfoliant (I don't remember what it's called at the moment). I used it all summer and it barely did anything for me. I saw little improvement with my skin over the summer, but at least it didn't make my skin worse!
There were a few things I really loved about this product in particular, though. I loved the cool feeling that it gives you when you wash it off. It really makes you feel refreshed and clean. It's also really quick to clean off. Usually you have to take a little bit to wash off all the product from your face with other cleansers but this only takes like 5 seconds to wash off.
It definitely wasn't worth the price at Ulta. If you're considering buying this I'd definitely recommend that you get it from Wal Mart or Target.
amber f.
Beech Grove, IN
I tried this first when it came in a little sample packet in a magazine about 3 years ago and I havent stopped using it since. I credit this cleanser to my skin clearing up. I have had acne for years and nothing helped until I used this product along with a salicylic acid moisturizer.

The cleanser itself doesnt have too weird of a scent, it has a slight charcoal scent which is slightly minty, so its refreshing and a little invigorating. It is a normal consistency and lathers up well. There are tiny exfoliators that gently exfoliate but it is not harsh at all. It doesnt irritate my skin i the slightest and leaves my face feeling so clean and refreshed.
Carrie B.
I bought this product a few months ago at a local pharmacy. I had been noticing alot more blackheads lately and someone suggested I try this paticular face wash. It was very well priced at 5.49$ and it did last more than a month, so it is very budget friendly. I tried it the night I bought it. My first impression was thinking it was easy to spread around since it is like a gel form. I use a washcloth when I wash my face as well, and scrub in tiny circles all over my face to exfoliate well of an evening after wearing make up all day. I gently wash with my figertips of a morning as its easier to just remove the oils from sleeping. I noticed it felt cool, but warm just a few seconds after applying it to my face. It’s the exact feeling of using a toner after washing. It was a very refreshing feeling!
After using it a few weeks, I happen to be scrolling through some pictures on my phone and noticed the difference in my skintone from ealier before using it. It was much brighter and the pores were visibly smaller! It has been everything I have been looking for for so long. I do not get acne and have a dryer skin, so a deep pore cleanser is perfect for my skin type. It leaves my skin baby smooth without it becoming too dry. I have been very pleased with this product and just bought my 3 bottle!
Melinda M.
Being a girl whose skin is prone to extreme hormonal acne, I tried anything and everything out there to try and keep my skin clean and less oily.  There are a lot of products out there that do the same, but I think that this product is different. It leaves my skin smooth and cleans up all the oil without drying my skin. After washing, it also helps reduce the redness of my acne. It helped prevent future breakouts as well. It is inexpensive for all the benefits, and I would recommend it to others; however, everyone's skin is different, so just because it may have worked for me, it may or may not work for others.
Melissa G.
Maurice, LA
I bought this because I've heard great things about charcoal and wanted to get it. I regret this purchase. It was buy 1 get free, about $4 for one, it was not worth it. It is a thick gel that doesn't foam up and really just sits on your face while you try to wash it. I use a Sonic facial cleaning brush with it and it removes my makeup but it's only because the brush is doing all of the work. If I try to use it alone, it doesn't work at all. It has not done anything to clean out my pores or prevent blackheads. I used this twice daily for an entire month with no results until I got my sonic brush. It also doesn't leave my face feeling clean at all. It has menthol so my face is left with a slight tingle but it's never felt clean after using this alone, the clean feeling I get is from my brush. I dont recommend this at all. Also, it barely has any charcoal at all. If you want a facial cleanser with charcoal, maybe get something with more in it and you'll get better results.
Luzsenny S.
Bronx, NY
This is actually my first time purchasing a Biore product. I actually like this charcoal face wash . The product it self is a little bit thick and smells pleasant. Now I have oily face and a bit of acne . This product would dry up your face a little bit . What I like about it is that it gives me a fresh sensation when I use it as it had mentol or a type of refreshing alcohol. Would think about buying it again.
brianna a.
Crestline, CA
I give this product a 3 star rating, for a few reasons. First of all, if you're looking for a run of the mill basic cleanser, this one is OK. It's kind if messy, and gooey and I'm not a big fan of that. It does get my face clean, no doubting that. But Its a bit too drying. I have used it for about a month and am not noticing any difference really in the dirt in my pores, let alone the tone of my skin. Would I buy this one again? Probably not. Would I reccomened it to certain people ? Definitely.
Susan C.
I love the stuff! I only use it once a week now but I was using it almost everyday, my face started breaking out not in a rash away but just asked me when I would use this. So now when I use only once a week it doesn't bother me I'm sure it was just cleaning out my pores and bringing that nastiness to the surface and that's what was making me break out because now when I use it I don't break out at all. It comes in a gel form but once you mix it with water it turns into almost like a scent like a body wash feels but it's also really good for helping take your makeup off. When I would wear waterproof mascara I would use this to get it off and it worked like a charm. I have really dry skin and it doesn't make my skin feel any more dry than usual. It makes your face though really tingly when you first apply it and I'm sure that's probably the activated charcoal doing it. I got mine from Walmart and it really was not at that expensive at all.
Katelyn L.
orlando, florida
my skin is extremely oily, and when i say extremely oily i mean oily! my skin usually gets oily like 45 minutes after applying my makeup which leads me to constantly blot my face throughout the day. i was seen my a dermatologist who prescribed two topical ointments which didn't help and for sure made it worse. i would try a bunch of different powders which also didn't help. i did some research and this was a recommended product and sure enough i purchased the same day. washed my face that night and the next morning i noticed absolutely no oil on my skin which was a good sign. throughout the day my face felt super dry & matte, i have not experienced this in years. THANK GOD FOR THIS! DEFINITELY PURCHASE FOR OILY SKIN!!
Rae'Lynn H.
DeSoto
I purchased this after running out of my Boscia black charcoal cleaner and I can say I like this cleanser just as much as that one and it is 1/4th the price of that one when I am not looking to splurge. It has helped with the occasional pimples usually get on my cheeks and my chin area I would get when I would skip out on taking care of my face touching it etc... I will always repurchase this facial cleanser.
Anita C.
Richmond Hill, Ontario
Does this feel drying to the skin?
Michelle C.
Brownsville, ON
Which do you think works better for blackheads the charcoal cleanser or the Biore strips. I've only used the strips but find I'm sore after .
Sophie R.
Adelaide, SA
How effective is the product for people with oily skin??
Chloe B.
Clayton, NC
Is this good for sensitive and dry skin?
Darienne T.
Miami Gardens, FL
How does this smell? Does it help with acne? How long before you saw results if so? Pros/cons?