Benefit Cosmetics The POREfessional Face PrimerInfluenster Beauty Awards Winner 2017

BY BENEFIT COSMETICS #4 in Face Primer

Pores...now you see ‘em, now you don’t! Quickly minimize the appearance of pores & fine lines for smoother-than-smooth skin! Apply this silky, lightweight balm alone, under or over makeup. The translucent formula contains a vitamin E derivative known to protect skin from free radicals.

• Comes in full size & mini
  • Oil-free
  • Complements all skintones
  • Helps makeup stay put

• I have been looking for something like this! In your opinion, is ...10 Answers
  • Do you think this product is worth the price?169 Answers
  • Is this good for combination to oily skin?2 Answers
Buy on Sephora*
  • "Yes it's great for large pores but it can flake off and after I've applied foundation, concealer, highlighter etc the product has disappeared and my pores are at bay again." in 123 reviews
  • "I have large pores my self and dry to oily skin with tha being said it has been one of the products to go to when it comes down to pore minimizes before make up ." in 114 reviews
  • "I have received some samples from Sephora and I can personally say that this product really works and a little goes a long way." in 74 reviews
  • "I used this product one time and one time only, it sunk into my pores and made my skin look like it was flaking off... no watt will I ever try this again!" in 65 reviews
  • "A little goes a long way; the product applies almost like silk on my face with a nice, light scent; I can notice immediately my pore size shrink." in 57 reviews
Kaylah F.
Germantown , MD
If you're looking for something to cover your large pores than this is product to use. It isn't all that pricey, and you can honestly get away with using the travel size for quite a bit of time. I specifically use it on only my T-zone because that is where I find the most need for it. This will shrink your pores and give you a flawless finish. I find this primer to only be of use if you do NOT have dry skin. If your skin is dry and/or unmoisturized you may get a cracked feeling or even flakes. I apply this with a concelar brush instead of my fingers and it works great. The foundation I always find the need to use this primer with is   Kat Von D Lock-it Tattoo Foundation it will really help make it a VERY smooth look.
Tiffany T.
Minford, OH
I have tried many different primers that claim to be poor perfecting, and while some of them did work, none of them are up to par with the porefessional! It has a texture unlike any other primer that I ever seen. It's almost gritty two the point that it fills in every little pore on my face, without making my face slippery or difficult to apply foundation on. I love that it is tinted because I feel that that really steps up the blurring effect and just create a solid Flawless canvas to apply my makeup on. It requires such a small amount of product that will last for a long time, making the price point totally worth it. I have large pores in my Tea Zone, especially along my apples of my cheeks, and have searched high and low to find a product that would minimize the appearance. I think it's safe to say that I won't find a product that works better than the porefessional! While it doesn't minimize them 100%, it's really close. I think that it just feels so good on the skin, almost like a skin care product. This truly is an innovative product that does what it claims to do, and I highly recommend this to anyone struggling with large pores showing through their makeup.
Jayah V.
Bakersfield, CA
This is one of the products I've been obsessing over forever and I finally bought it. I've used it for about 2 weeks now and it definitely lives up to all the hype. I've tried the "dupe" for this (and if you have researched dupes you know which one I'm talking about) it didn't really do anything for me. But In THIS product I noticed a difference right away. I might be crazy but it even helped my makeup stay matte looking ( I have really oily skin and my makeup falls off throughout the day) at the end of my work day I got home and I still looked like I had just done my makeup. I'm kind of obsessed with the smell of it too, the smell is really important to me for products. I rated it a 4 out of 5 star only because I wish there was more product in the tube. Benefit Cosmetics The POREfessional Face Primer
Haley B.
Winnsboro, TX
I can’t imagine a product that works better than this. I can’t even see my pores when I prime with this! Let me tell you, I have HUGE pores but they’re basically gone when I start with this. It’s expensive, but you most definitely get what you pay for. I have the smallest tube (which is tiny) and I’ve had the same tube for months. It only takes a little bit to cover your entire face. I primed with this the last time I went to a wedding and ended up partying for 12 hours. Through the sweat, food, drinks, smiles, laughs, tears, oil on my face, and everything, my makeup stayed exactly where it was placed. 10/10
Janelle A.
Albuquerque , NM
So... i was hesitant to purchase this primer in the full size but so glad that I did. I a sample size at Sephora with my point and ended up falling in love. I was not sure about this primer because others that I've used with this consistency clogged my pores and were not breathable. This primer however has been amazing and so glad I purchased. I have acne prone/oily skin and this primer really reduces my pores and evens texture on my T-zone. I really only use this primer on my T-zone as its pointless and a waste of money to use it on your whole face. I find that now I can't live without this under my foundation. I use literally a pea size or less of product. It helps my makeup look flawless and smooth. Totally recommend. I have oily skin so this does not combat that but still i love and touch ups are easy
Cara E.
Pikeville, KY
Favorite foundation primer. I have oily/combination skin with large pores on my cheeks near my nose and on my chin. This works so well to “fill in” those large pores and make them virtually disappear. Makes my skin really matte, but not too matte to wear it looks fake and unnatural. The primer blends in effortlessly. I like to pat it on the places I need the most coverage - which is namely my cheeks and chin. I put it on after my moisturizer and before applying any face makeup. It lasts a long time without touch ups. It’s very silky, not greasy and feels very lightweight. I buy backups of my backups because I refuse to ever be out of this product. It’s the holy grail of primers for me.
Sheela V.
Finally tried this. It's one of the best contenders which it really needs to be considering its price point.  Does a fairly reasonable job at blurring the pores on your cheeks, forehead and chin.  Not as effective on the nose however many products fall short on this front.
One trick the Benefit employees like to do is to show you this product on your hands to see how well it blurs the fine creases around your knuckles.  Despite this, it's not directly translatable to how well it works on fine lines on your face or the pores on your face.  On the plus side, Benefit are generally happy to provide samples of this product and demonstrations so you can see if this will work for your skin type.
stephy R.
Where have you been all my life? I have always been a big fan of makeup and I have applied expensive foundations and expensive powders only to realize that they don't look as good. I was introduced to porefessional a couple years back and it has absolutely become my Holy Grail. Porefessional fills your pores and Fine Lines. When you apply your makeup on top of it the look of pores is completely gone and the fine lines with totally disappear. Another plus is that it leaves the mate finish on the skin. I usually purchase mine at Macy's, the amount of product you get for the price is an amazing deal. The product will last you a very long time because you only need a small amount for your entire face.
Julia H.
Midland, MI
honestly really enjoy this product and a little bit goes such a long way! I got it as a free gift at ulta (so it was the travel size), and it probably lasted me a few months. i have oily skin and have pretty large pores around my nose and this really helped to make my face overall smooth and my makeup looked really good when i put it on over it! definitely recommend to others.
my only thing with primers in general is that i noticed when i stopped using primers, i broke out way less. nothing wrong with this specific primer and if it works for you then that's great. but if you wonder why you break out so often, try not using primer for a while and check the difference
Rika P.
San Diego, CA
I have tried samples and full size ‘Porefessional’ primers and I can say the results are fairly consistent each time. This product does reduce the appearance of pores in the t-zone; however, if you have combination skin like myself and are in a humid climate it may get a little oily. I think the best way to get the best out of this product if you’re combo skin is to combine this with another matte primer, if you have normal/dry skin you may not have any issues with this going oily. I will always love Benefit as they were one of my first loves in Makeup so I would definitely use this probably in the winter when my skins a little less oil prone.
Blanca C.
Do you think this product is worth the price?
Jennifer L.
Pasadena , CA
We all have a way to apply this, so I'd love to hear what are some of the ways?
Serena Y.
San Francisco, CA
Is this worth buying? Price seems a bit too high for an itty bitty primer bottle.
Lynn S.
How does this primer perform on oily skin?
Lindsey R.
San Diego , CA
Is this like a primer? Because I have one of the smashbox primers but i really want to try this :)